Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Roast Duck at Leng Kee Restaurant (update June 2, 2015)

I had a midnight supper of roast duck and steamed rice at Leng Kee Restaurant near the corner of Soi Bukhao and Pattaya Klang. Although Leng Kee has over 1,100 Thai and Chinese dishes listed on its menu, a medium order of roast duck at 200 baht was enough for me. The steamed rice was 10 baht and a SML was 60 baht.

IMG_7590.jpg..IMG_7588.jpg

IMG_7587.jpg

The duck was perfectly cooked and very succulent.

IMG_7568.jpg

IMG_7570.jpg

It was served in a delicious sauce and came with pickled ginger, a few greens and a super spicy dipping sauce. One tiny drop of that sauce just about burned a hole in my tongue.

IMG_7574.jpg

I've eaten at Leng Kee a number of times and the meals there have always been good. However, the other dishes, whether Chinese or Thai, haven't "wowwed" me. It's the duck that keeps me coming back. I consider it the best I've had in Pattaya at a modestly priced restaurants.

IMG_7571.jpg

IMG_7572.jpg

Besides the great duck, I like the fact Leng Kee is open 24 hours a day and is very clean. I also appreciate that many dishes come in three sizes (small, medium, large) at 80/200/350 or 400 baht. The service is prompt and correct, but the waiters can at times seem a bit surly. That's understandable, as I've witnessed some foreign tourists giving them a really hard time.

Bottom line: An excellent place to go for duck, good for other Chinese and Thai dishes.

Now who's going to be the first one to say you can get better duck at a cheaper price elsewhere?

Evil
:devil

IMG_7581.jpg

IMG_7582.jpg

IMG_7583.jpg

IMG_7584.jpg

IMG_7585.jpg

IMG_7586.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 4

'Now who's going to be the first one to say you can get better duck at a cheaper price elsewhere?'

Not sure why you ask this question, or perhaps I am.

The Lengkee is likely the best place in town for Duck, and well positioned, it can be pretty crowded at prime eating times.

I recommend the place for celebratory dinners using the room round the back, a great menu.

Perhaps MK does good duck, I don't know if it is cheaper.

I love duck but my Mrs won't eat it.

I have walked passed this about 100 times always looked at the ducks never thought to sit down for meal, will try it next time I am passing.

I always have the duck at the restaurant at Big C 2 nd road starts with M out the front, I was going to say Thai now I think about it maybe Chinese influenced.

I have walked passed this about 100 times always looked at the ducks never thought to sit down for meal, will try it next time I am passing.

I always have the duck at the restaurant at Big C 2 nd road starts with M out the front, I was going to say Thai now I think about it maybe Chinese influenced.

My money would be on Chinese influenced, for Lengkee certainly, based on the name:

張龍記

I too have walked by a million times without going in. It was on my list last time but it never happened. I love duck and that seems to be a good price and a nice portion to boot. I can't imagine just eating duck so a second patron and another dish or two would be necessary imo. Charging for aircon is not only weird it's just wrong imo.

Mandarin is probably the on at Big-C 2nd rd; for sure Chinese influence.

I have always ordered my duck dinner at MK. There it is served with a non-spicy dipping sauce and you can get it with the skin removed. I think the current price is 160 for a small which appears slightly smaller than Lengkee's medium, so price about the same. Will Lengkee remove the skin if requested? How about a dipping sauce that will not burn the tongue? I may switch given that Lengkee has 3 sizes - maybe the small would be good for a lunch.

Went in there yesterday and the duck was very, very nice. On par with MK or maybe a bit better. A couple of the staff were gems but the rest were in need of an ass kicking. We had duck, shrimp, rice, seafood noodles, 'leatherback' (?) fish cakes and 2 cokes and it came to 850 including tip and aircon. Will deffo go back but we wont do the fish cakes again as they had the consistency of a tough, wet sponge tho quite tasty, They were crying out for a breading and deep frying imo.

Just an aside. There is no way they have 1100 items. Page one goes from number 101 to ~135. Page 2 goes from 201 to ~235. Page 11 goes from 1101 to ~1135 . Etc, Etc . We guessed ~300 food items in all.

Edited by steamer

Just got back from this place . Guy who took my order didn't fill you with confidence.

Consequently the ordered dish did not come and I got something so spicy I could not eat it.

All attempts to resolve were fruitless. Don't even dream about asking for the manager.

Their idea of customer service is to surround the table with guys in the hope that intimidates you.

Will never go back .

Public kudos to Evil for the recommendation. I really enjoy eating roast duck. Had an mid-afternoon meal. Medium order of duck, rice, and a coke.

The aircon section wasn't opened, so it was sitting outside watching the traffic and pedestrians get up and down Pattaya Klang.

The duck hits a sweet spot of being good AND pretty cheap. I love duck and have had it in the great Chinatowns of North America (Toronto, San Francisco, NY, and Houston) as well as in Yokohama Chinatown and, of course, in China. I've had better in Hong Kong, but at a much higher price. I've had worse and more expensive in Shanghai.

No muss, no fuss. Grandma (or auntie -- as I've gotten older, women I used to think were grandma have moved into auntie status) tells you to sit anywhere, you look at the very extensive menu, order the duck, it gets to your able quick and fast. I notice that they also have the pigs feet stewing near where the ducks hang. I LOVE that even more than duck -- I love the fatty pig skin and rice.

Anyway, the medium order is almost too much for one person. I was eating it like a westerner -- with more protein than rice. Next time, a small order of duck with side of rice will be enough.

In all, a very positive experience. Medium order of duck, rice, coke -- 230 baht.

IMG_0151.JPG

• 7 months later...

There's more than roast duck that's good at Leng Kee. On Saturday afternoon, I stopped by for a quick meal. The dishes themselves were pretty much Thai standards, but excellently done. I had an order of the deep-fried crab cakes with dipping sauces (150 baht):

post-276-0-28075500-1433239069.jpg

and the stir-fried rice noodles with chicken and vegetables (80 baht):

post-276-0-03385900-1433239064.jpg

I was happy to get a large bottle of SML, fairly rare in Pattaya. It had been recently brewed, too.

post-276-0-27275900-1433245327.jpg ...post-276-0-30798800-1433245362.jpg

There was nothing elaborate about the two dishes I ordered, but they tasted delicious. They had been expertly prepared and cooked

post-276-0-23472300-1433239145.jpg

Total cost of the meal, including the large SML, was 340 baht.

post-276-0-61047400-1433239127.jpg

The front section of the restaurant only had a handful of guests, but the enclosed air-conditioned room that specializes in Chinese food was full with a group of Asian tourists who kept them busy.

post-276-0-11980400-1433245335.jpg

post-276-0-23802000-1433245355.jpg

post-276-0-09437000-1433239078.jpg

post-276-0-34999000-1433239094.jpg

post-276-0-67317600-1433239108.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1