Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Fault in the PCX bikes ?

I really think that the idle stop not working is just nit picking. If you were worried about saving two baht worth of benzene, you should rent a MUCH cheaper bike to start with.

Boy, does this seemingly innocuous thread have legs!

Seems there are some strong opinions about this feature and it's disabling, one way or the other.

Regarding the gas savings, I was the one who mentioned that, as I think it is significant. I spend a lot of time watching 5 minute light cycles changing at Pattaya Tai and 3rd Road, also at Sukhimvit turning into Pattaya Tai or Klang, so I consider that a savings...no matter how much...2 baht or 20 baht over the course of a tank fill up...it's a savings (Honda claims 7% on average). But mostly I just like it because it works fine and to date, there have been no problems with the battery life, nor has anyone else who owns a PCX on this thread said there was.

The OP simply said, he prefers the bike not to vibrate while he's waiting at a light or normally idling.

I agree it's up to the rental vendor to do what he wants with his bikes, but the idle-stop feature is a significant enough differentiator from other bikes, that I agree with him that he is paying a higher price for a bike that has a significant feature disabled. If other vendors rent the bike with all its features, then he needs to evaluate the difference in price and service from where he is to others.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes this thread does have legs and not just on this board. Mark of Kessaya is a top notch guy - he provides good bikes at a great price - hired off him for years he goes out of his way to be helpful

Silliness. I own a PCX, drive it every day, always turn on the idle-stop feature. I consider it a useful and welcome feature on the bike. I've never had any problems with the battery or the featur

Sounds like another conspiracy theory.

How many kilometers can your Honda go for the price of a lady drink?

Yes this thread does have legs and not just on this board.

Mark of Kessaya is a top notch guy - he provides good bikes at a great price - hired off him for years he goes out of his way to be helpful

If he says this feature is causing an issue and leaves customers stranded and him getting calls all times of the day - I believe him 100% and think he is doing the right thing.

In 5 years I have never ever seen any bad feedback about Mark but Odense has managed to rubbish him over at least 3 boards totally unnecessarily. If you don't want the bike to vibrate whilst at the lights turn the engine off, pay more elsewhere or as Mark has suggested get the feature reconnected.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If he says this feature is causing an issue and leaves customers stranded and him getting calls all times of the day - I believe him 100% and think he is doing the right thing.

In 5 years I have never ever seen any bad feedback about Mark but Odense has managed to rubbish him over at least 3 boards totally unnecessarily. If you don't want the bike to vibrate whilst at the lights turn the engine off, pay more elsewhere or as Mark has suggested get the feature reconnected.

I think the thread was dying - but if you say that I am "rubbishing" anyone I think I am entitled to ask how/where ?

It is a strange coincidence that all the PCX owners on the boards have never experienced the serious battery damage issue (and Honda has not recalled the bikes).

I actually asked Mark to have a look and maybe fix the missing "idle stop" when he informed me he had disconnected it on purpose. I MIGHT have paid to get it reconnected (even though I think I should not have to) BUT not when I would have to assume full responsibility for the maintenance if I did.

I have NEVER called Mark to ask him to come get me anywhere.

Please show me where I have written anything incorrect in any of the boards.

I have also rented at Mark for several years and have in fact have stated in the OP that I have in general been a satisfied customer.

If Mark had written on his website and in the booking confirmation mail that he had disabled a (to me) significant function of the bike I would have picked a Hayate or a Nuovo Elegance. But I did not that that info and consequently assumed it was a fully functional bike I was renting.

I think the thread was dying - but if you say that I am "rubbishing" anyone I think I am entitled to ask how/where ?

It is a strange coincidence that all the PCX owners on the boards have never experienced the serious battery damage issue (and Honda has not recalled the bikes).

I actually asked Mark to have a look and maybe fix the missing "idle stop" when he informed me he had disconnected it on purpose. I MIGHT have paid to get it reconnected (even though I think I should not have to) BUT not when I would have to assume full responsibility for the maintenance if I did.

I have NEVER called Mark to ask him to come get me anywhere.

Please show me where I have written anything incorrect in any of the boards.

I have also rented at Mark for several years and have in fact have stated in the OP that I have in general been a satisfied customer.

If Mark had written on his website and in the booking confirmation mail that he had disabled a (to me) significant function of the bike I would have picked a Hayate or a Nuovo Elegance. But I did not that that info and consequently assumed it was a fully functional bike I was renting.

On Addicts paulyd2k said

yes I had a prob with mine, if you realise that when engine turns off the lights are still on so if battery aint in top condition, when stuck in traffic for ages it takes it`s toll on the battery, most traffic lights are adjusted for fri,sat, sunday in pattaya so waiting ages some times, for green light, I know it`s a nice gimmick mind, quick off the mark at a touch of the throttle,lol

steamer said

Did some googling and it does seem to be an issue. Wouldn't want to have a dead battery esp since there is no kick start.

I don't think Honda would see it as a recall issue. They are probably happy to sell a few extra batteries.

I don't think Honda would see it as a recall issue. They are probably happy to sell a few extra batteries.

I would be surprised when a failed battery also means a stranded owner.

Having to get off my bike and push it out of the way at a crowded junction like Suk/Klang just as the lights went green would likely make me never buy another and get rid of it!

Bloody good chance of being run over from behind when the Bangkok lot are here.

There seems to be a contradiction, renters claiming stranded customers, owners saying never had a problem.

There seems to be a contradiction, renters claiming stranded customers, owners saying never had a problem.

I would suppose renters are a larger sample size than owners reporting here.