Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Fault in the PCX bikes ?

I met a massage girl who lubed me up good and then gave me a magnificent swallowing blow job. (Posted about it a month ago or so)

Obviously in the pockets of BIG BABY OIL!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes this thread does have legs and not just on this board. Mark of Kessaya is a top notch guy - he provides good bikes at a great price - hired off him for years he goes out of his way to be helpful

Silliness. I own a PCX, drive it every day, always turn on the idle-stop feature. I consider it a useful and welcome feature on the bike. I've never had any problems with the battery or the featur

Sounds like another conspiracy theory.

The battery will run down if the bike is used in nothing but stop and go. The alternator doesn't have time to fully charge the battery unless you can keep the bike running constantly for maybe fifteen minutes or longer.

There is the extra wear and tear on the starter motor as well. I would think most mechanically minded people would not use the feature. Small fuel savings versus reliability. You guys that have your own bike will probably upgrade before problems occur. Rental bikes are a different ball game.

When you pull up to park and it idle stops, there is also the chance you will leave the keys in it, ignition on. I'm sure the rental guys have been called out many a time for flat batteries. I would disable the feature if I had rental bikes.

There is the extra wear and tear on the starter motor as well. I would think most mechanically minded people would not use the feature. Small fuel savings versus reliability. You guys that have your own bike will probably upgrade before problems occur. Rental bikes are a different ball game.

When you pull up to park and it idle stops, there is also the chance you will leave the keys in it, ignition on. I'm sure the rental guys have been called out many a time for flat batteries. I would disable the feature if I had rental bikes.

The PCX also has, what IMO is a nice feature (though I'm starting to think some will not like it either), an engine kill when the kickstand is lowered. So, parking wouldn't leave the ignition on.

I have been known to leave the key in on occasion, but that is usually when I have to pop the seat to stow or retrieve something and then forget the key is in the ignition...not at all related to the battery or engine running, of course.

The kick stand safety is a good thing. I once dumped my Yamaha Elegance because I forgot to put the kick stand up. No harm done but it was embarrassing. Why are there always people watching when you do something stupid?

The PCX also has, what IMO is a nice feature (though I'm starting to think some will not like it either), an engine kill when the kickstand is lowered. So, parking wouldn't leave the ignition on.

I have been known to leave the key in on occasion, but that is usually when I have to pop the seat to stow or retrieve something and then forget the key is in the ignition...not at all related to the battery or engine running, of course.

Check if you could when you pull up and put the kick stand down does the lights shut off as well? On mine when you jump on you can turn the key, the lights come on and the fuel pump runs. You can't start it though until that kick stand is up.

I've done it once, left the keys in. The lights stay on and I flattened my battery. Another problem is these fuel injected bikes use battery power for the fuel pump, so with a flat battery the kick starter is also useless. I let it sit for half an hour, with the ignition off. The battery recovered enough to run the fuel pump and I was able to kick start it.

That was about 2 years ago. Bike is 3 years old now and it's still the original battery. I'm sure it must be due to die soon. I'll probably upgrade the bike soon, they are so cheap so it's not a lot of money to have the reliability of a newish bike.

Edited by harro1

The kick stand safety is a good thing.

As some of us thinks the "idle stop" is.

My next question - which of the rental agencies (if any) has left the function intact ?

I'll probably upgrade the bike soon, they are so cheap so it's not a lot of money to have the reliability of a newish bike.

Changing every 2 or 3 years runs at about 1000 a month in depreciation, for a new bike as you say its pretty good.

• Downvote 1

As some of us thinks the "idle stop" is.

My next question - which of the rental agencies (if any) has left the function intact ?

PoolHustler - advertises regularly on here. I have a PCX 150 from him every trip and never had any issues with him or the bike. His 'idle stop' isn't disengaged.

KM

PoolHustler - advertises regularly on here. I have a PCX 150 from him every trip and never had any issues with him or the bike. His 'idle stop' isn't disengaged.

KM

Thanks - so I can have the option if I want it :-)

Sendt fra min HTC Desire S med Tapatalk2

Thanks - so I can have the option if I want it :-)

Sendt fra min HTC Desire S med Tapatalk2

I think the latest model Clicks have it too if you want that feature on a smaller bike.

Yes, the forum is kind of like my wife. We know EVERYTHING!

I wonder if his disabling of the idle stop feature is based on actual first hand experience with having problems, or 2nd hand reports of problems, or just a theoretical pondering of the effects of running electrics off the battery while not charging.

It seems the small sampling of those of us who have PCXs have not experienced any such problems.

I'm sticking with my BIG OIL theory.

Perhaps the rental guys are tired of people 'reporting' that the engine keeps cutting out at the lights!

My pal in the USA phoned the rescue services when his rental wouldn't start...... only to be told you have to put it in Park, AND depress the brake to start it... he went into a rant about that being unnecessary to cover his embarrassment. We have a couple of bike renters on the board who could have an input.

• Upvote 2

Was it this forum that had the discussion about the combi brakes a couple of years ago?

For me, not being able to use your rear brake independently is dangerous. Locking up your front wheel in the wet say, is almost certainly going to cause damage to you and the bike.

Changing every 2 or 3 years runs at about 1000 a month in depreciation, for a new bike as you say its pretty good.

What you are saying is that changing the battery every two years is equal to another 24K depreciation on top of a new bikes depreciation? Where in the world do you get that?

• Downvote 1

I wonder if his disabling of the idle stop feature is based on actual first hand experience with having problems, or 2nd hand reports of problems, or just a theoretical pondering of the effects of running electrics off the battery while not charging.

He says he has been called on all times of the day by people renting PCX'es from him being unable to start - no kickstarter and also electric fuel pump.

Edited by Odense

He says he has been called on all times of the day by people rentimg PCX'es from him being unable to start - no kickstarter and also electric fuel pump.

You seem to get on well with Mark , did you ask him if he was willing to reconnect the idle stop for you ?

Joe

You seem to get on well with Mark , did you ask him if he was willing to reconnect the idle stop for you ?

Joe

The best I could get was a permission to pay a shop to reconnect it - BUT under the condition that I assumed full responsibility for the maintenance of the bike.

I am not THAT stupid.

But I don't have a quarrel with Mark - his bikes his choice - I am just going the rent a Hayate or a Nuovo Elegance that has all the functions the factory intended - at half the price - next time.

What you are saying is that changing the battery every two years is equal to another 24K depreciation on top of a new bikes depreciation? Where in the world do you get that?

Eh changing the bike every 2 years a depreciation of 1000 a month is fine for me, means I have a new bike every 2 years... nil maintenance cost ..

a 2 year old bike wont have battery issues, or mine have not :a2m

• Downvote 1

If he won't reconnect it for you for free, then walk away and hire elsewhere, don't even think of hiring a lower spec bike from him at all. Why hire a bike where a specific 'benefit' of the bike is disconnected and then charging you full whack? He will lose more in lost trade and bad publicity (like here!) than the cost of replacing the battery earlier than expected. Seems a bonkers business decision. Where will it end? Disconnecting the headlight to save on bulbs?????

KM

• Upvote 1

If he won't reconnect it for you for free, then walk away and hire elsewhere, don't even think of hiring a lower spec bike from him at all. Why hire a bike where a specific 'benefit' of the bike is disconnected and then charging you full whack? He will lose more in lost trade and bad publicity (like here!) than the cost of replacing the battery earlier than expected. Seems a bonkers business decision. Where will it end? Disconnecting the headlight to save on bulbs?????

KM

Things are never that black and white , the guys hire charge is low , so the full whack is unfair,

He's service , drop off and pick up , the condition of his bike , I have found to be very good ,

E mails answer , so the removal of an nonessential function to me was no biggie,

So like most things in life you weigh things up and make or brake the deal ,

Joe

I really think that the idle stop not working is just nit picking. If you were worried about saving two baht worth of benzene, you should rent a MUCH cheaper bike to start with.