Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Seems that I have lost my phone and so far have had no luck contacting it.

Having never lost a phone before I was wondering if there is any way that I can get the number back? It is with AIS and I have had that number for some years.

I thought I would ask here first rather than try to explain it to AIS.

Go to AIS office or Telewiz with your passport. They'll give you a new SIM with the same number and you'll still have all your remaining credit as long as it hasn't been used by anybody who has found the phone. Likely they'll ask you one or two questions like how much you credited last time.

Having never lost a phone before I was wondering if there is any way that I can get the number back?

I you have registered it, just go to any AIS office with your passport or Thai Driving License

and you will get a new SIM Card in minutes. :smile:

If you never registered this number, you may have lost it :(

Nota: A problem the new mandatory registration will solve in the future.

Edited by Idefix

Believe you'll get your number back whether registered or not....been there, done that!

Humm... I know people who lost their numbers because not registered :(

Seems a bit strange that you could get a number without you can prove it's yours ???

Can you please tell me yours that I try to get it "back" ? ;)

Seems that I have lost my phone and so far have had no luck contacting it.

Having never lost a phone before I was wondering if there is any way that I can get the number back? It is with AIS and I have had that number for some years.

I thought I would ask here first rather than try to explain it to AIS.

Was it registered, getting the number back is one of the advantages?

Thanks guys. I will give it a day or two and give it a try.

Why wait? Good chance that someone threw away the SIM and kept the phone.

Edited by jacko

Humm... I know people who lost their numbers because not registered :(

Seems a bit strange that you could get a number without you can prove it's yours ???

Can you please tell me yours that I try to get it "back" ? ;)

Before you pick an argument read my post. They ask you a couple of security questions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Before you pick an argument read my post. They ask you a couple of security questions.

Would really like to know what these questions could be...

BTW "how much you credited last time" certainly is not a "security question". Imagine:

- I want to stole your phone number (that I know) because you disagree with me ;)

- day1: I go to one of these orange machine in front of 7/11 and add 50 baht to your account :smile:

- day2: AIS question: when & how much? Yesterday & 50 baht. You win Sir ;)

PS: I don't say it's not possible 4niceight, just that some people (mainly ladies :rolleyes:) were not able to get back their number. I imagine that I would not be able to answer the security questions. Probably could not give even 1 phone number of my Pattaya phone; I only know numbers as "Nat Pool", "Nit Iron", "Aom Tiger",... ;) Registration is a better option.

Edited by Idefix

Getting back to Teelack's original question, I should think the best answer is to get to the AIS store at his earliest convenience. Worst they can do is say no.

Some of us could show we had topped up our mobile number online through our bank. Whether AIS, DTAC or whoever would care might be a different matter.

Edited by nkped

Would really like to know what these questions could be...

BTW "how much you credited last time" certainly is not a "security question". Imagine:

- I want to stole your phone number (that I know) because you disagree with me ;)

- day1: I go to one of these orange machine in front of 7/11 and add 50 baht to your account :smile:

- day2: AIS question: when & how much? Yesterday & 50 baht. You win Sir ;)

PS: I don't say it's not possible 4niceight, just that some people (mainly ladies :rolleyes:) were not able to get back their number. I imagine that I would not be able to answer the security questions. Probably could not give even 1 phone number of my Pattaya phone; I only know numbers as "Nat Pool", "Nit Iron", "Aom Tiger",... ;) Registration is a better option.

FFS, you argumentative cretin. I lost my phone and got a new SIM free of charge by the method I described. Capiche? That should be enough for the OP. Hopefully he'll be OK with that. If you need any help I'll be sure NOT to contribute for fear of upsetting you. What's wrong with you? Geez!

I can't see it working 100% of the time any more than idefix does.

You could take over an account for malicious reasons by pretending someone's number was yours and you want that SIM deactivated and a new one given to you.

You could take over an account for malicious reasons by pretending someone's number was yours and you want that SIM deactivated and a new one given to you.

Maybe. However, the OP wanted advice/personal experiences in order that he might get his number/SIM back, not a load of conspirational theories. Those are better left for the fiction forum.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps is the final word on the subject.

I went to AIS and they in turn sent me to the Police Station to register a lost phone.Time spent in PS about an hour. Cost is 20 baht for a copy of the loss report. Only one security question, "What age you."

Return to AIS and take a ticket and wait almost an hour for my turn.

No problem with getting replacement SIM but I had to try and recall last top up date and amount (I had a problem) and last two numbers called.

No cost at AIS but you do need your passport with both police and AIS.

Was given two SIMs. One lasts three days and then I change to permanent one.

My full credit was included in the new SIM.

With the exception of the waiting it was relatively painless. Main reason for wait at AIS is that there are (I think) less operatives looking after foreign customers.Its a language skill thing.

• Upvote 1

True but remember that you are signing legal documents relating to the loss and the SIM ownership.I am also not sure what would have happened if I didnt get close to the security questions.