Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just wondered what everyone is using to get cheaper calls to the UK.Im currently using 009,is this still one of the best or are there other options.

I too use 009, via my True-H SIM, I think it costs 3 baht /min to a UK landline.

The quality and reliability are good.

Skype might well be cheaper but quality and reliability for me are inconsistent.

I use a calling card service called Thook Dee. Can buy them at most 7/11. Cheapest denomination i think is 50 baht. I use it for all my international calls that can not be done via voip. I believe it is around 40 satang per minute to the U.S. They have a call back service so when you call them hang up and they call you back so no baht wasted off your sim

I use a calling card service called Thook Dee. Can buy them at most 7/11. Cheapest denomination i think is 50 baht. I use it for all my international calls that can not be done via voip. I believe it is around 40 satang per minute to the U.S. They have a call back service so when you call them hang up and they call you back so no baht wasted off your sim

Interesting,so you call them and give them the number you want to call.

They then call you back and connect you.Is that how it works?How do they deduct the call money from your card.

I too use 009, via my True-H SIM, I think it costs 3 baht /min to a UK landline.

The quality and reliability are good.

Skype might well be cheaper but quality and reliability for me are inconsistent.

OOOOPss, it is 006 I am using, had my phone upside down!

OOOOPss, it is 006 I am using, had my phone upside down!

006 seems to work best for me as well when I ring Oz, Vienna or Munich.

• Upvote 1

Thanx for the heads up on 006,guess ill give it a try.

I used 009 and 008 before, but for the last 2 years 006 seems to be a cheaper option. :thumbup

Interesting,so you call them and give them the number you want to call.

They then call you back and connect you.Is that how it works?How do they deduct the call money from your card.

No that is not how it works. You call them and they call you back with a voice prompt. Choose English then it will ask you to enter the number you would like to call. They deduct the money the same way they as they do your sim on a regular call or sms.

thanks for that can I still use that for texts even if they are not cheaper ?

I tried using 006 to call a mobile in the UK,it said number not recognised.So i reverted

back to my 009 for mobile connections.So it seems 006 is only for calls to landlines or at

least that is my experience.

I tried using 006 to call a mobile in the UK,it said number not recognised.So i reverted

back to my 009 for mobile connections.So it seems 006 is only for calls to landlines or at

ok thanks again

Isn't 006 upside 900 ... not 009

Yes, thanks for pointing that out to me, but actually I had it upside down when dialling!

006 is via the True network and is what I use with my True SIM card.

To a mobile for example it is 6 baht/min to the UK...probably +tax.

To clarify the difference between ringing a mobile or a land line a bit.

When I ring a mobile (cell phone) in Australia for instance, I ring 006 plus the Australian country code 61 and then the mobile number of the person I want to ring minus the zero in front of it. , So the number I ring will look something like 00661 123456789 and not 00661 0123456789, which would be the Australian mobile number of my friend when used within Australia.

When I ring my friend on his land line I would dial 006 plus the country code of Australia 61 then the area code of Northern Australia 08 minus the zero and then his land line number, say 89819933, which looks like a typical Darwin NT local number. So the whole number I would dial would be 006618 89819933 and not 0066108 89819933. If I rang that same number within Australia from a different state or Territory it would only include the area code of Darwin NT 08 with the zero included and the number be would be 08 89819933. Should I decide to ring my friend from within the Darwin NT area, I would only use his Darwin number 89819933 to be able to reach him.

Some states in Australia have different area codes, like Queensland 07, NSW 02 and Victoria 03. Then the use of the different area code will be necessary to ring a friend in Darwin from there. South Australia and Western Australia have the same area code as Darwin 08, but I will still have to use them should I want to ring from there.

This is less confusing than what it sounds like and one soon gets used to ringing friends back in Darwin from overseas, from other states in Australia or from within the Darwin NT area.

Most countries I ring in Europe or other countries in Asia I make phone calls too follow similar procedures. One only has to use the different country codes.

Like Jacko mentioned, a phone call from Thailand to Europe or to Australia costs about 6 baht per minute when using the 006 prefix. One of the most expensive places to ring seems to be Cambodia. It has been a while since a made a phone call to Cambodia and the price might have changed since then.

Ringing Thailand from Australia is more expensive, unless one uses the cheap phone cards available from newsagents with lesser quality but acceptable phone connections. Then it will be cheaper to ring Thailand from Australia than to ring Australia from here. Ringing Germany or Austria using a phone card is even cheaper still, costing only 2-3 baht per minute. I hope this helps. :mellow:

Edited by Gonzo