Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

*BRITS* thai air promotion

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep just had the prices confirmed bye Ebookers on the blower.

Restricted to TG917 Out and TG916 Inbound.

All travel to be completed by 30 November at £415 INCUDING TAXES   [smiley=grins-jump.gif]

Trailfinders offering same flights but for £435 Inc tax

Just booked and paid for mine £412 Thai non stop.

They have always done deals every year. Its a great price as I was offering Thai 12 years ago on one of their special deals. £425 !!!!!!

Its just a Pain that I still cant even get seats for myself at a decent rate untill I get my ATOL.

Still at £412 selling price i suspect their buy-in price would be about £380 inc taxes. I would be selling it for £399. Never mind.

Set them UP FLB !!!

Just booked 4 £415 inc

C ya   ;D

H

One point to watch out for.......YOU can not change in or out  dates on these prices!!!!

I don't think THAI tickets are worth much more. Their Economy cabin is 'bog standard'. Talk about, 'no frills'.

Of course, it's all academic and just my opinion.  ::)

I guess they know that you lot are going to travel regardless...  :o

Every Economy is 'No Frills' Thats why its called Economy.

The reason its a good fare is because its nonstop/non change. The only other similar priced fare means a physical change of aircraft or Flying Aeroflot or Bulgarian or something (which is NOT recomended)

And as a matter of interest as someone who has travelled on most Airlines from UK to Bangkok, Thai Airways Inflight service and food is very good. Far superior than many other airlines. It also beats the arse off of BA

H , who did you book with and what dates? I've been trying to get a cheapie direct and the best that I have found for the dates that I want is Thai @ £479 for 08/11/2003 - 22/11/2003 which is exactly the same as I had at the end of june.

http://www.direct-line-flights.co.uk/

Used them loads....not internet booking but tel # is on the web site.

That fair has gone upto £435 inc..........had to juggle days a little to get the deal i got.....also i don't know how long & for when its offered.....cheapest other direct flight was EVA

But i just got confirmation from Star Alliance that i can upgrade to Biz using my Airmiles!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

H

Every Economy is 'No Frills' Thats why its called Economy.

The reason its a good fare is because its nonstop/non change. The only other similar priced fare means a physical change of aircraft or Flying Aeroflot or Bulgarian or something (which is NOT recomended)

And as a matter of interest as someone who has travelled on most Airlines from UK to Bangkok, Thai Airways Inflight service and food is very good. Far superior than many other airlines. It also beats the arse off of BA

Wholly disagree with you there.

Malaysia and Singapore Airlines Economy cabins are wholly superior to 'bog standard' Thai.

Singapore has seatback screens with 'on demand' entertainment, Malaysia has a 34" seat pitch, seatback screens and award winning service.

Even Qatar have seatback screens now.

THAI Economy is p**s poor. In fact their whole product range is in need of an upgrade.

Just my opinion.

Never mind, the people will travel anyway.

Thai have 34" seat spread.

Ive always judged SIA to be overrated and was told the reason why Malaysion waitresses grovelled so much was that if there were any complaints at all they would be instantly sacked.

I simply cant understan how on earth malaysian got to be airline of the year. Maybe its simply because so few people used them, the planes were empty and the punters got swamped with grovelling ::)

I would still choose Thai over any other Airline.

Though Gulf Air service used to be amazing, they just couldnt stop handing out booze.

orientaltaffy

The Thai offer is on specific flights only, mainly midweek

Try ringing Ebookers, dont try to book online though as it will take years to find the flights

Call Jordan at Ebookers on 02076932218

Crackpot,

I think you need to make clear if you are expressing personal or professional opinions.  If your posts above are your personal opinions then fair enough but as far as Thai v Singapore/Malaysian goes it really is a no-brainer and I'm surprised you suggest otherwise.  As for BA being the pits - they suit some people's needs but, of course, pay agents crap commission etc.

Regards,

Tom

My opinion is both personal and professional. I recommend to my customers that which I find personally acceptable. I travel to Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore Indonesia, Japan and Australia around 5 or 6 times per year on business and for pleasure and have done for the last 20-odd years. I have family in Thailand, Australia and  Japan. My statements were made from actual experience of using the Airlines rather than hear-say or people travelling exclusively in Business Class

Ive watched Malaysian come up from being an airline that no one would travel on, to as it is now, 'supposedly' one of the worlds best airlines. I however, disagree with that statement. You have your opinion I have mine, people can make up their own minds.

My original statement was made in response to Valentinos statement:

"I don't think THAI tickets are worth much more. Their Economy cabin is 'bog standard'. Talk about, 'no frills'.

Of course, it's all academic and just my opinion.  "

Thai tickets ARE worth more due to :

It being the cheapest non-stop flight from UK-BKK at the time, compared to anything else available.

SIA and Thai were consistently top of the league for many years. It is  consistency that means more to me than an Airline zipping up the league charts, by throwing big bucks at new aircraft, staff and livery.

I have consistently received good service and standards on both Thai and SIA. I'm sorry but I simply cannot say the same for Malaysian, though I admit, at times it has been OK and on par with other airlines.

The other point worth mentioning is that if planes are going out and back half loaded then the probablility of getting better service and of things not going wrong due to underuse is higher than an Airline who's planes are consistently running at 75% occupancy.

Its also worth looking at passengers-per-mile carried. Thai consistently carried more passengers than Malaysian. That in itself says a lot, and could also be the reason for some people possibly finding the standard not as high as it maybe should be at times.

Any airline that has big bucks thrown at it to buy new planes, staff and livery is going to look good, but as I said, its consistency to me that matters.

The problem with any Airline review is that it is mainly subjective but I judge an Ailine by both their current standard and standards shown in the past, and on that alone I am much more likely to get better service on Thai than Malaysian

The comment about Malaysian sacking the staff that didnt perform was told to me last year bya Malaysian employee at the World Travel Market in London. Take it or leave it.

As for BA? Firstly I just dont like the attitude of their staff, management and their business ethics. I was totally aghast at their antics against Virgin years ago, and their present intransigence over Concord.

Their waitresses also have a habit of making the customer feel inferior. I can clearly remember a flight from LHR to CDG.

I was in the last row of Business class and a chap behind me had the temerity to ask a waitress for a newspaper. She scowled down at him and said, in a voice loud enough for the whole plane to hear "THEY are for business class customers only".

Secondly I simply cant see the point of paying £625 for a flight on BA, when a flight of similar duration and equall or possibly better service can be had for £475.

I also suspect that next year BA are going to be in VERY deep doodoo.

Watch this space.

In conclusion. If I had to fly to say, Australia, my choice would be Thai as they have consistently shown (to me) good service, punctuality, courtesy and more importantly, when needing to change schedules or routing, adaptability.

You however, have found differently, which I accept and I would be happy to hear your comments based on your experience.

Convert me :o

Here we go again....

Yes, THAI have a 34" seat pitch and that's it!

FYI, Malaysia won the award for best cabin service, not best airline.

Malaysia Airlines Economy product is streets ahead of THAI, no doubt about it.

They've had seatback screens with games and a telephone for many years now, while THAI has still got ZIP.

THAI were the top of what league? Point me towards this article. There's no point in quoting some article from the eighties.

This is the 21st century and the THAI Economy product is 'bog standard'

I've travelled on all three airlines in the past year, long haul.

Who cares what "somebody told you" about the Malaysian stewardesses?

I have had consistently good service from all Malaysia airline staff.

Once, so late for a flight that they locked and cross-checked immediately as I boarded, I expected a slight 'attitude' from the staff. I couldn't have been more wrong. Immediately the head stewardess come over to check that we were comfortable.

I flew Singapore Airlines recently(they are consistently at the top of polls) and again their product is streets ahead of THAI.

I fly both Malaysia and Singapore Airlines to Thailand to avoid the very basic service that THAI provides. Gives me a extra stopover too.

Are you saying more people fly THAI because it's a better product?

If Singapore and Malaysia had a similar sex scene to Thailand, their planes would be 'chocka' too and they wouldn't bother to maintain their standards either.

Yes, I would STILL prefer to fly BA than THAI, at least there is some entertainment.

Why do you think THAI is offering their tickets so cheaply?

You need converting?

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/TG.htm

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/MH.htm

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/SQ.htm

http://www.airlinequality.com/2003/airline...ne_03_entry.htm

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/thai.htm

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/mas.htm

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/sia.htm

Now you find me something that concurs with your opinion.

BTW, what does this mean?

You said;

Thai tickets ARE worth more due to :

It being the cheapest non-stop flight from UK-BKK at the time, compared to anything else available."

Are you saying they are worth more because they are cheap?  :-/

Apart from that statement not being true, (EVA AIR for £408 ).....

Yes, I would fly THAI over EVA economy. Though then again I would fly Malaysia, Singapore or Cathay Economy over Thai and EVA.(Unless I was in a hurry)

Who both, incidentally, have 34" seat pitches.

Well I could spend hours and hundreds of lines disagreeing with you and quoting from hundreds of Thai customers but I still dont think it would change your opinion, and you (unless you are a travel professional) arent going to change mine either) so I'm not even going to get into an online argument with you.

I too have travelled on all 3 airlines in the past year Long Haul and my opinion differs from yours.

BTW Thai offer cheap seats at approximately the same time every year and have done so for over 20 years or so.

So you continue flying Malaysia to Thailand, being buggered about changing flights and Ill fly Thai and be in the bar drinking whilst your still in the air

Just a bit of info

I couldn't get the booking i wanted with Thai air.Seems all departures out of bkk are fully booked on this special offer for the last two weeks of november.The latest journey now to uk is 12th nov so i was told by ebookers and airline-network.

I finally found a deal with Eva through ebookers which comes back on the 22nd november.Direct flights £371 +tax which you can't grumble at .Hope that may help someone else in the same situation

Thanks all for this great board

Bazz

Well I could spend hours and hundreds of lines disagreeing with you and quoting from hundreds of Thai customers but I still dont think it would change your opinion, and you (unless you are a travel professional) arent going to change mine either) so I'm not even going to get into an online argument with you.

I too have travelled on all 3 airlines in the past year Long Haul and my opinion differs from yours.

BTW Thai offer cheap seats at approximately the same time every year and have done so for over 20 years or so.

So you continue flying Malaysia to Thailand, being buggered about changing flights and Ill fly Thai and be in the bar drinking whilst your still in the air

What's that? I show you published evidence and you give me your 'personal' opinion.

Ok, so we have the world's biggest airline survey and we have you.

What my personal choice is...that's up to me.(Don't drink, quite like Malaysia and have friends in Singapore and HK I like to see)

It does not change the fact that the THAI economy product is 'bog standard'.

Nothing you can say will change that FACT.

It seems you have lost your powers of objectivity.

Must be all that drinking you're getting in before me.

Unfortunately nothing you have said is fact.

You have had the wool pulled over your eyes and have been dazzled by what you have read.

The 'Survey' that you quote is seriously flawed and practically everyone in the SE Asia and Airline trade knows it.

Unfortunately you arent in the trade and believe everything you read.

Its quite simple really, and heres how its done.

Firstly and most importantly, its the actual airline that does it own surveys !!!!!!!!  

Now I'm sure Malaysia wouldnt be tempted to errrrrr 'enhance' the surverys that they themselves administer, with a powerfull airline like, say, SIA on one side, and an equally powerfull airline like, say Thai on the other? Nooooooo of course not. ::)

Also, any Airline running half empty aircraft most of the time with a full complement of waitresses fearfull of their jobs and fawning over the well spread out passengers is going to get High Ratings, especially if, just after they have been well fed and watered they are given a 'survey' form to fill in ????

It seems you lack the logic to see that and how those surveys can be manipulated. In Politics its called 'spin'

I'm in the trade, and have been for years. I judge an Airline by continuous consistency of service. Not silly surveys which even the simplest of people can manipulate.

You like Malaysia Airlines, fine. Just dont make them out to be something they are not. Seatback TV's arent the be all and end all of an Airline ;D

End of thread. from my part anyway. If you wish to continue your rant, dont let me stop you.

Life's too short

BTW I'm off to KL for the weekend next weekend, guess who I'm flying on ? Malaysia :o :o :o :o :o :o. (its a freebee)

Yeah, you're in the 'industry'....

I won't bother to tell you what 'industry' I'm in.

Are you going to say all those reviews were written by their own staff ?

It doesn't matter to me anyway. I don't travel THAI economy because it's 'bog standard'.

That doesn't mean that I would discourage anyone else from travelling with them.

Though, of course, you have a vested interest.

Goodnight.