Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Seriously, and joking aside.

If you do not want food poisoning in the Philippines, stick to WASHED fruit and Veg. I've lived in Manila on and off for 17 years and one time only I was sick to the point of writing my will at the age of 34 (13 years ago) was after eating "pancit" which was noodles with liver and chicken. It had been at room temp for 2 days and I lost 2 stone in less than 10 days. My kidneys were fucked, I was hallucinating and convinced my life was drawing to a close.

It was fucking unpleasant and when you are vomiting live worms mixed with bile, the novelty soon wears off.

NEVER eat street food, always ensure your food is washed either in filtered tap water or bottled water in front of you and eat from a "dodgy" restaurant at your own risk.

Hunger is something we can all handle, none of us are borderline starvation because if you have access to a PC you should have access to decent food.

Anyone going to the RP you need Dioralyte x 10, Immodium x 2 weeks , and enough bottled water for 2 weeks or more stored in your hotel room in case, because when you fall ill, you're too fucked to do anythnig except for shit and vomit. Stick to fresh fruit and veg and avoid meat. It'll do you good anyway, anything else is gastric suicide.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did any of the girls you sat with in Pattaya go go bars quote you such prices (4,000-5,000 all night) to your face or are you repeating what you've heard and read? If you were quoted 4,000-5,000 baht

Just returned from my 3 week trip to Angeles city 2 days ago, the place is going down hill more, which i thought was impossible, i agree it is cheaper than pattaya, but the bad points make pattaya he

May I refer you to this topic in the Newbies section http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/54958-abbreviations-and-bar-girl-terminology/

Posted Images

If you do not want food poisoning in the Philippines, stick to WASHED fruit and Veg. I've lived in Manila on and off for 17 years and one time only I was sick to the point of writing my will at the age of 34 (13 years ago) was after eating "pancit" which was noodles with liver and chicken. It had been at room temp for 2 days and I lost 2 stone in less than 10 days. My kidneys were fucked, I was hallucinating and convinced my life was drawing to a close.

It was fucking unpleasant and when you are vomiting live worms mixed with bile, the novelty soon wears off.

NEVER eat street food, always ensure your food is washed either in filtered tap water or bottled water in front of you and eat from a "dodgy" restaurant at your own risk.

Hunger is something we can all handle, none of us are borderline starvation because if you have access to a PC you should have access to decent food.

Anyone going to the RP you need Dioralyte x 10, Immodium x 2 weeks , and enough bottled water for 2 weeks or more stored in your hotel room in case, because when you fall ill, you're too fucked to do anythnig except for shit and vomit. Stick to fresh fruit and veg and avoid meat. It'll do you good anyway, anything else is gastric suicide.

Yup, as I'd mentioned Butch, my buddy got Hepatitis A and it apparently really did a number on his liver. He was laid up on the hospital feeling horrible.

Before he got sick, we'd eat off the street at wet markets and via vendors all over Manila. Never again. In fact, it made us decided to put the Phils in our rear view mirror and we've not gone back again.

Now, the only places I'll eat street food are in the night market in Taipei and oden stands in Tokyo and Yokohama. That's it. As i get older, not sure that my body can fight off food-bourne bugs like it used to in my youth.

I eat at cafe France at Robinson in Manila, very good, place is spotless never been sick from the food there, G-point is good, swagman has a few good buffet type deals, food around Manila has improved over the years, but nothing to write home about, one bonus, i always lose weight in the philippines on my trips.

• 2 weeks later...

Dioralyte and Imodium are the same thing. Loperamide.

Even if you're sick you can still go out and get bottled water. You make it sound like you need to be prepared for a nuclear winter or something. Seems a bit extreme to me. If you ever get that sick where you can't even get out to get bottled water then you need to go to the hospital.

I know lots of people who eat street food and are ok. I also know lots of people who stuck with nice restaurants and supermarkets and got sick. You can never guarantee you won't get sick no matter what you do. Definitely always carry loperamide in case you need to travel while sick.

Edited by Mr_Hankey

Yup, as I'd mentioned Butch, my buddy got Hepatitis A and it apparently really did a number on his liver. He was laid up on the hospital feeling horrible.

Before he got sick, we'd eat off the street at wet markets and via vendors all over Manila. Never again. In fact, it made us decided to put the Phils in our rear view mirror and we've not gone back again.

Now, the only places I'll eat street food are in the night market in Taipei and oden stands in Tokyo and Yokohama. That's it. As i get older, not sure that my body can fight off food-bourne bugs like it used to in my youth.

If you don't eat street food in Thailand you don't know what you're missing. I have never had a problem with street food in Thailand. I know lots of people who have never had problems. I have had a couple problems with nice restaurants in Thailand but still very rare.

Edited by Mr_Hankey

If you don't eat street food in Thailand you don't know what you're missing. I have never had a problem with street food in Thailand. I know lots of people who have never had problems. I have had a couple problems with nice restaurants in Thailand but still very rare.

Diarrhoea?

Have you ever even been to Thailand? Are you one of those guys that spends your whole vacation on walking street and eating at McD?

If I am going out on the piss in pattaya not often nowadays,I line my stomach with a double whopper and from burger king, I know I am not going to have gut problems or bad breath problems you can get from a combination of beer and some Thai dishes.

...oops-sign-bubbleb.jpg

Have you ever even been to Thailand? Are you one of those guys that spends your whole vacation on walking street and eating at McD?

You should read the forum a bit more before posting such comments- and take to heart the words you edited out of your initial version.

If I am going out on the piss in pattaya not often nowadays,I line my stomach with a double whopper and from burger king, I know I am not going to have gut problems or bad breath problems you can get from a combination of beer and some Thai dishes.

It's definitely a good idea to avoid heavy drinking on an empty stomach, but it's best to have foods that are high in beneficial natural fats, like salmon and avocado. Less healthy but still good are pasta, chicken and mashed potatoes and even a grilled cheese sandwich is a reasonable choice. Yogurt is also a good belly liner.

Evil
:devil
Edited by Evil Penevil

Dioralyte and Imodium are the same thing. Loperamide.

Even if you're sick you can still go out and get bottled water. You make it sound like you need to be prepared for a nuclear winter or something. Seems a bit extreme to me. If you ever get that sick where you can't even get out to get bottled water then you need to go to the hospital.

I know lots of people who eat street food and are ok. I also know lots of people who stuck with nice restaurants and supermarkets and got sick. You can never guarantee you won't get sick no matter what you do. Definitely always carry loperamide in case you need to travel while sick.

Obviously someone who has never suffered from projectile vomiting and has never pebbledashed a WC.

...attachicon.gifoops-sign-bubbleb.jpg

You should read the forum a bit more before posting such comments- and take to heart the words you edited out of your initial version.

It's definitely a good idea to avoid heavy drinking on an empty stomach, but it's best to have foods that are high in beneficial natural fats, like salmon and avocado. Less healthy but still good are pasta, chicken and mashed potatoes and even a grilled cheese sandwich is a reasonable choice. Yogurt is also a good belly liner.

Evil

That would require planning and it's pattaya and I'm a tourist, and burger king is instant.

That would require planning and it's pattaya and I'm a tourist, and burger king is instant.

It's your holiday. Enjoy it the way you want.

So what if it is? Obviously it's not your type of holiday. I laugh when I read posts that tell another punter how he should or shouldn't spend HIS time in pussyville.

He lives there and has done for years!!

• Upvote 1

I have lived here for 12 years you idiot!

• Upvote 1

I'm curious who all these bar owners and friends of bar owners are.

You lost me on that one in the context of this thread, although various conspiracy theories involving bar owners and friends of bar owners certainly do ring familiar.

EDIT IN: Now I see what happened. MM was answering a Mr Hankey post from another thread (my highlight):

Pretty much all gogo's are clip joints. Some are better than others but they are still clip joints imo.
The guys who will try tell you otherwise coincidentally know the bar owner. Lots of bar owners here. Don't believe most of the bs your read from bar owners and their buddies promoting their bars.
Gogo's are fundamentally clip joints. Farang run ones tend to be the worst. A lot of them don't know how to handle Thais so things can get out of hand quickly. I can tell you stories of attitudes of girls in one particular gogo on WS that I think a lot of guys here shill for. My guess it's directly as a result of farang management. Some get lucky and get a good mamasan to keep the Thai girls in line. More often than not the good mamasans end up taking the girls to some other bar offering a better deal. I've heard all kinds of stories. Nothing is as it seems in Thailand.

Now we are on very familiar ground. I, too, would hope Mr_Hankey would name a few of these bar owners and their friends as well as giving an example of posts that shill for a particular WS go go bar.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil