Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

MrsFiend won't let me waste money on Biz class tickets for us......

She enjoyed the Biz class experience when we got an upgrade, but she doesn't think it's worth the extra money.....

We fly on QR836 into BKK on the 1st of November and it's down as being an A380...... but for the last few weeks A340-600's have been on it.....I'm hoping that if the A380 is swapped off it that I get to fly the A340 instead of a 777.... Fingers crossed it will be an A380 or A340-600...

I tend to agree, and a lot for a family.

How about just for you, wife and kids at the back? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their A380 biz is the bees knees to me. 777s are just showing their age, last time I used one in Biz, Emirates, it was the old style side by side seating not herringbone. Noisy rattling aircraft too,

One good reason why you should fly on A380: Look at what happen in case of strong wind at the arrival: A lot of missed landing , but for the big A380: No problem   If you find the video too long,

As it stands, 2 Singapore A380 are currently stored 9V-SKA and 9V-SKB, (MSN 3 &5)..... these 2 will likely end up with Hi-Fly who apparently have already got work for them under contract...   Si

Posted Images

We just dipped out on Cathays A350 HKG-MNL which was a shame, I'd like to have had the experience, we went Premium Economy LHR-HKG-MNL all on a 777. To be fair to Cathay, they're 777 fleet is in very good order. The biz and first classes are way beyond anything I've seen on EVA (although technically EVA doesn't operate a first class on the LHR-BKK route).

I often wondered why CP didn't order the A380 and stuck with their 777's instead. They also have some odd routing, running a 777-300ER on a short HKG-MNL hop.

With any luck we've got enough Asia miles for a biz upgrade sometime in the future. I dipped out last time when Mrs Butch used all of them to upgrade herself when she travelled alone last year. I mean, how selfish is that?, just because I put my last flight to LOS on her credit card and "forgot" to pay it back...

• Upvote 1

We just dipped out on Cathays A350 HKG-MNL which was a shame, I'd like to have had the experience, we went Premium Economy LHR-HKG-MNL all on a 777. To be fair to Cathay, they're 777 fleet is in very good order. The biz and first classes are way beyond anything I've seen on EVA (although technically EVA doesn't operate a first class on the LHR-BKK route).

I often wondered why CP didn't order the A380 and stuck with their 777's instead. They also have some odd routing, running a 777-300ER on a short HKG-MNL hop.

With any luck we've got enough Asia miles for a biz upgrade sometime in the future. I dipped out last time when Mrs Butch used all of them to upgrade herself when she travelled alone last year. I mean, how selfish is that?, just because I put my last flight to LOS on her credit card and "forgot" to pay it back...

The main reason many airlines have not ordered A380's is because of the large amount of passenger baggage, the holds on the aircraft are full of baggage containers therefore no room for very profitable freight/cargo. Also they are not the most reliable.

• 2 months later...

One good reason why you should fly on A380:
Look at what happen in case of strong wind at the arrival:
A lot of missed landing :o , but for the big A380: No problem B)

If you find the video too long, check the landing of :

- the small Dash 8 at 00:25

- the touch-and-go at 01:55

- the big A380 at 07:40

Big fun for the passengers that day :P

• Upvote 2

Emirates has just agreed a deal with Airbus for another 20 with options on a further 16....... Despite a lot of A380 haters already writing the obituary for the A380....

BA is also talking with Airbus with regards to adding more A380 to it's fleet.....

It's not dead yet!!!!

One good reason why you should fly on A380:

Look at what happen in case of strong wind at the arrival:

A lot of missed landing :o , but for the big A380: No problem B)

If you find the video too long, check the landing of :

- the small Dash 8 at 00:25

- the touch-and-go at 01:55

- the big A380 at 07:40

Big fun for the passengers that day :P

I've never been on an aircraft that's had a rough or hard landing, thankfully. If I were on board any of thiose in the vid Idefix, I'd be both sick and trying to say my prayers at the same time!.

Mr Fiend, hopefully we will see the A380 in the skies for years to come. From an engineering persepctive I think it is an incredible feat and am awestruck every time I see one take off and land. To think that something that big can take off, travel half way around the world and land again is mind blowing.

Once landing at Minneapolis-St Paul, the winds were quite gusty and I had the impression that the pilot had to fly it into the ground.