Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I flew both twice in the last month (and have flown both maybe 50+ times previously) and the A380 beats the 777 hands down.

The only way I'd choose the 777 would be in a scenario where the A380 was like BA, with 8 abreast in business whereas the 777 was like Etihad with 4 abreast.

Thus, it can depend on the airline and their configuration - check.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flew on Emirates A380 SYD to BKK last May and really enjoyed the flight. I agree with the comment on the large open business class area upstairs but was lucky enough to take heed of Seat Guru and ende

Just to add to this. Songkran trips; BKK - Heathrow, Thai Air 777 Heathrow - Glasgow - BA A320-232 (I think), business class though (I had miles I could use) Glasgow - Dubai, Emirates 777 Dubai

The engine mounts have nothing to do cabin comfort.   All down to aerodynamics and efficiency.   Having the most powerful engine fitted to a commercial aircraft on the 777-300ER any further outboa

Posted Images

Just to add to this.

Songkran trips;

BKK - Heathrow, Thai Air 777

Heathrow - Glasgow - BA A320-232 (I think), business class though (I had miles I could use)

Glasgow - Dubai, Emirates 777

Dubai - BKK, Emirates A380.

And the winner is! Emirates 777. Easily the most comfortable, with the most legroom. I expected the A380 to win, but poorer legroom - had 3 seats to myself though, which was nice.

Thai Air 777 - tired plane interior, everything just needed refreshed, OK for comfort though.

The loser, BA, even business class had very poor legroom.

All airside staff were great, ground staff too. EXCEPT. Emirates Glasgow check-in. Combined all the worst aspects of Arab & Scots personalities (I'm a Scot BTW).

Oh, and at Glasgow, my carry-on was too heavy (no checked bag, so unable to move things. Was 10.1Kg, they gave me a small bag to move some stuff into, did that, tried again, different desk, small bag 1.7Kg, not enough moved, OK, I'll just try the main bag before repacking again; 7.0Kg. WTF. At one desk 10.1, at another, a combined 8.7. Someone needs their scales checking!. :ang2

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Thai cancelling some LHR flights in June.

Please be advised that THAI is cancelling the following flights TG917/916 on the 5,6,7,12,13 and 21st June 2018.

Thai cancelling some LHR flights in June.

Please be advised that THAI is cancelling the following flights TG917/916 on the 5,6,7,12,13 and 21st June 2018.

Hi,

The economy ain't great here. Lots of shops closing down. The Chinese and Russian "Oligarchs" are doing fine though. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

I've booked my next trip but sadly no option of A380 to BKK with Qatar, but I've managed to avoid the less comfortable 787 Nightmareliner and 777 flights...... I'm flying A350 EDI-DOH and A340-600 DOH-BKK

I've booked my next trip but sadly no option of A380 to BKK with Qatar, but I've managed to avoid the less comfortable 787 Nightmareliner and 777 flights...... I'm flying A350 EDI-DOH and A340-600 DOH-BKK

No such luck for me, long haul in a 777 is as good as I can do. Would have loved to have been on an Emirates A380, but just a little too rich for me!