Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

In a bit of a quandry...

We're jetting out to the RP again in a few weeks, however, as we all know prices during school hols are always high, but I didn't think they would be this high!!

Over 5k for Cathay Pacific Premium economy (we have a load of points but want to save them for an upgrade during low season which will cost less). Economy on Cathay is £3600.

Alternatively, BA (Yeas, I know) Premium economy comes in at 4k ish , but the economy is £2200 for 3 pax. As the trip is just for 2 weeks, I'm thinking of biting the bullet and going for the BA product. Flight times for BA are actually better than the Cathay as well (although only slightly).

On one hand, it's a saving of about £1400 , on the other , BA are fucking crap.

The problem is I need to book them by the end of the week as the prices are going up daily!.

We're jetting out to the RP again in a few weeks, however, as we all know prices during school hols are always high, but I didn't think they would be this high!!

Over 5k for Cathay Pacific Premium economy (we have a load of points but want to save them for an upgrade during low season which will cost less). Economy on Cathay is £3600.

Alternatively, BA (Yeas, I know) Premium economy comes in at 4k ish , but the economy is £2200 for 3 pax. As the trip is just for 2 weeks, I'm thinking of biting the bullet and going for the BA product. Flight times for BA are actually better than the Cathay as well (although only slightly).

On one hand, it's a saving of about £1400 , on the other , BA are fucking crap.

The problem is I need to book them by the end of the week as the prices are going up daily!.

Hi,

BA have always treated me well. When I was flying to Madrid regulary they used to give me small bottles of bubbly, even though I always flew cattle class.

Well under strict instruction from Mrs butch I have had to book BA economy, despite my swearing that it would never happen again since the last fiasco with cabin crew strikes and the volcanic ash cloud over UK.

The eventual saving over the next best was actually £1680 as I used my Amex points to offset the final cost. I'll do a full TR on BA upon my return. Out of interest I've checked the Thai and EVA flights for Thailand, EVA for our dates are coming in at £943 pp and Thai a whopping £1500 pp. Many seats are sold out.

Ironic this, we ended up paying about £720 pp for economy to the RP. I've just booked a return flight to LOS from Manila via Cebu Pacific for 7900 php (£110), it actually works out cheaper to fly from London to Manila via Hong Kong and then onto Bangkok cheaper than LHR-BKK. I know there is a premium for direct flights but Thai were £1500 for the same dates and EVA now over £1000.

It's bloody bonkers. I wish Goldpanner was here to explain this shit lol!!

Just bought a return ticket CPH - BKK (via Istanbul) with Turkish Airways.

The ratings are not bad so I hope they will be OK.

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

Just bought a return ticket CPH - BKK (via Istanbul) with Turkish Airways.

The ratings are not bad so I hope they will be OK.

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

Flown them just the once but if pricing was good no reason why I wouldnt again

• Upvote 1

Airlines have begun to raise prices to keep up with the price of oil. Fortunately the price of oil seems to be headed downward again, slowly.

i.e.

Airlines figure out what the market will bare and take it from there. They can easily adjust downward if the price is too high.

It's all a mystery except for a few anointed hands.

Hi,

In general. I dont think we can complain about airline prices. One can still get a cheap ticket if one shops around. I like direct flights and pay a little extra because of that. My choice.