Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

A review I did not expect to write. 

Saturday, the GFE provider says she wants to go to the firing range.  We end up at the Pattaya Shooting Park, her idea.  It is on the south bound railroad bypass a km or so before the south end.  Google Maps and the signage should get you there.

They had four choices of hand guns.  I chose a .38 revolver because I had had experience with one in the military back before the dawn of time.  She chose a 9mm semi-automatic.  For 25 rounds each, it was 3,600 baht.

They had good ear protection

My biggest concern had been safety.  Their answer was an attendant who loaded the weapon, handed it to you, and made sure you grounded it when you were empty.  Basically, all I did was hold it and fire it.  He stood to the left and a step back.  I suppose his go to hell move would been to slam my arms down.

The targets were 10 meters or less away, although they could have been run out further.  I was pleasantly surprised that I could still see the sights with two rebuilt eyes and could still manage the basics after 30 years.  The GF had done it once before 10 years ago, so she was not starting totally from scratch.  I'm a better shot than she is.  Let us hope that will never matter.?

We were the only ones there.  I might have been more concerned if there had been a bunch of idiots who thought they were at Westworld.

And, yes, it was fun.?

Edited by nkped

3600 baht for 25 shots, cheaper than Babydolls!

Something different, but a lot of money for a short time of entertainment. The safety aspect is important, there have been a few incidences of the lovelorn turning the gun on themselves. 

• Haha 1

May have changed since my one and only time there 

But why I never returned:

• way overpriced
  • whacked out guns
  • nasty home brewed ammo
  • overbearing limitations on usage
  • dangerous and stupid range staff (you trombone a 12g pump BEHIND me as I'm at the firing booth, be thankful I'm empty Somchai)
8 hours ago, jacko said:

3600 baht for 25 shots, cheaper than Babydolls!

Something different, but a lot of money for a short time of entertainment. The safety aspect is important, there have been a few incidences of the lovelorn turning the gun on themselves. 

Actually 3,600 for 50, 25 for each of us.  There was minor variation depending on the ammo.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:47 AM, nkped said:

Actually 3,600 for 50, 25 for each of us.  There was minor variation depending on the ammo.

To us limeys that's now getting on for 100 quid especially with transport and some food and drink vectored in for an extra 400 baht!  That's ridiculously expensive. I used to go to the range beneath Tiffanys when we were getting 60 - 70 baht to the quid and it wasn't exactly a bargain then either.

It's hardly surprising nkped and his companion were the only ones there! Yet another example of how Thailand is pricing itself out of the market.

My visit there March 2018, I had just taken up shooting again in the UK and wondered whether i could get some practise in over here but the price point was too much.  50 rounds of .38 ammo back home around £15 or 600bht! 12bht each vs 68bht each ?

A0723B18-E6C4-4182-BDE2-3D3E528F666B.jpeg

AD32ACAD-1570-43EE-8C58-1BBCC6F9A3A0.jpeg

3DD1EC5D-FEAA-4FB6-B404-BAAB3B269338.jpeg

• Upvote 1