Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nkped

Reentry permit

In and out in 20 minutes at about 10am the day after a holiday.  That said, I got a multiple reentry permit although I only anticipate two trips outside the kingdom this year.

2 hours ago, nkped said:

In and out in 20 minutes at about 10am the day after a holiday.  That said, I got a multiple reentry permit although I only anticipate two trips outside the kingdom this year.

Seems a little extravagant, 3800 baht v 2000 baht? 

11 minutes ago, jacko said:

Seems a little extravagant, 3800 baht v 2000 baht? 

1 trip to immigration versus 2 plus covered if he needs to make any extra trips. I think I would do the same as nkped.

3 minutes ago, tallguy said:

1 trip to immigration versus 2 plus covered if he needs to make any extra trips. I think I would do the same as nkped.

I used to feel the same but I no longer make the 2 UK trips a year plus maybe another elsewhere so I figured the waste of 2800 baht covered me. Unlikely I will need to make a trip at short notice these days and I can always get one at the airport. 

1 minute ago, jacko said:

I used to feel the same but I no longer make the 2 UK trips a year plus maybe another elsewhere so I figured the waste of 2800 baht covered me. Unlikely I will need to make a trip at short notice these days and I can always get one at the airport. 

I only make one trip a year so get a single re-entry permit but always figured that the point at which it is worth getting the multiple re-entry lies somewhere between 2-3 trips. The additional cost being offset by the convenience.

2 minutes ago, tallguy said:

I only make one trip a year so get a single re-entry permit but always figured that the point at which it is worth getting the multiple re-entry lies somewhere between 2-3 trips. The additional cost being offset by the convenience.

What with the ever possible 'have you done a TM30'  question the reduced visits to immigration may be a good idea.