Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

las vegas gogo same or new

just noticed sign at old kilienys in metro. wonder if this is the

same one that was on soi yamoto  back in the day. sign of the times prime location bars do not own buildings  forced out by high rent.

many decades ago, I helped a sideline squeeze open a bar. I took her to a sign supplier and they had a huge lot full of pld outdoor signs from bars that had closed.

The price for a sign from a old named bar was a fraction of the price of a new manufactured sign.

Maybe they are doing the same thing here.

6 hours ago, aj said:

same one that was on soi yamoto  back in the day. sign of the times prime location bars do not own buildings  forced out by high rent.

I guess you mean the one that became Nevada which was actually on Post Office?. The guy who owned that Las Vegas a go go did come back to Pattaya and opened a couple of places in soi Yamoto IIRC. Not heard that he is back again opening places though.

Edited by jacko
4 hours ago, aj said:

Nothing to do with the old bars on Yamoto. I believe the guy who owns Mayfairs on Soi Buakhau is behind this new venture.

18 hours ago, jacko said:

I guess you mean the one that became Nevada which was actually on Post Office?. The guy who owned that Las Vegas a go go did come back to Pattaya and opened a couple of places in soi Yamoto IIRC. Not heard that he is back again opening places though.

There was Las Vegas II and Las Vegas III. One became Big Hugs, and the other So Nice.

• 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, RhinoTusk said:

"Across the pond" at Billabong

So that is Kilkenny gone now. Last time I was on LK Metro only GGB with a lot of life was upstairs at Kinks. I was also saddened by what little was left of the old Walking St, Soi 15 area. Used to dump a few baht around there...... Covid knocked the life out of Pattaya....

• Upvote 3

Covid was naturally hard for Pattaya like it was for many places. But saying that it "knocked the life out of Pattaya" is in my opinion very exaggerated.

I think Pattaya is well on the way back BUT the development that started LONG before Covid changing Pattaya to cater more for Chinese and Indians and other Asians is continuing.

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Odense said:

Covid was naturally hard for Pattaya like it was for many places. But saying that it "knocked the life out of Pattaya" is in my opinion very exaggerated.

I think Pattaya is well on the way back BUT the development that started LONG before Covid changing Pattaya to cater more for Chinese and Indians and other Asians is continuing.

If you had been here during Covid you might take a different view. Some areas have recovered e.g. WS, LK, Treetown etc, but other areas are still dead and unlikely to recover.

1 hour ago, tallguy said:

If you had been here during Covid you might take a different view. Some areas have recovered e.g. WS, LK, Treetown etc, but other areas are still dead and unlikely to recover.

Many of those areas were on the decline pre-pandemic. The pandemic just accelerated their demise.

• Upvote 3