Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 240 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Rock and Roll in Pattaya

Flb bar has the best rock band in the whole of Thailand if not Asia

Right on! :D

Strummer,

you will need to visit the Blues Factory. It's just off walking street across from the Marine Bar complex. Can be hard to find if you don't know where it is.

I like the Bamboo bar but the singer often doesn't know the words to the songs.

The Blues Factory defineately has the best musicians. B)

Last month, found a good band in the DJ bar on Soi8, Beach Road end next to the Soi8 Centerpoint Complex. The bar has a couple of pool tables in front. :P

chico. :nod :livid

Regarding the Bamboo Bar, when I was last their about 2 weeks ago I was disappointed that the band and singer (who use to be at FLB) that use to be the first band on, had been replaced by another band.

Emil

Regarding the Bamboo Bar, when I was last their about 2 weeks ago I was disappointed that the band and singer (who use to be at FLB) that use to be the first band on, had been replaced by another band.

Emil

Yes I was in there then and the first band are now crap with that stupid guy singing who reckons he is Tom Jones.

Wonder where the first band have gone ?

Yes I was in there then and the first band are now crap with that stupid guy singing who reckons he is Tom Jones.

Wonder where the first band have gone ?

That's bad news, Roland. I quite liked Jow-ell. Will need to ask my tg where Jow-ell has gone when I'm back in town. :chogdee

Alan

As well as the Climax bar already mentioned, try EasyRiders on Second Road, opposite Tiffany’s.

IMO One of the best rock bands in Pattaya 5 nights a week. I think Thursday they are at Shenanigans and Friday at the Hard Rock, but quite a good band to replace them on those nights.

Large and excellent venue with draft beer at only 50 B as well.

there's some thai guys right underneth where you go up to the Polo in the corner on the left, dont't know the name of the little bar, it's where the California Pizza place usta be. they play "rock", i like blues factory also but as the name implies, more blues and jazz with a little soul when the thai chick does her tina turner stuff and i guess tecnially you can call "lam" rock when her's ther on wensdays or stops in for the last set.

there's even a couple of the little bars in soi 2-3 across from Classroom 2 that has r&r bands but with 15 band playing in 1/2 block area tought to listen to and then there's those damn tg's that keep distracting you....... :chogdee

there's some thai guys right underneth where you go up to the Polo in the corner on the left, dont't know the name of the little bar, it's where the California Pizza place usta be.

Sounds like you are describing Climax Beer Bar, as mentioned above... bottom floor underneath Polo on the left.

Strummer,

with a name like that, you are obviously a man of great taste ( I assume a homage to God himself, RIP)

I too am a massive fan.

From my experience of the bars in Pattaya, you are probably going to be disappointed by the standard on offer. They mostly tend to be middle of the road types. Then again, Pattaya isn't famous for its rock bars and there is plenty to keep you busy .

Would be interested if you found anywhere decent- let me know.

I will keep an eye open when I arrive ( nov 4)

By the way, do you remember the track ' walking street' by JS ? ( this will become relevant when you get here!)

love to know where he hung out

Bronto

For Live Rock:

The Blues Factory after midnight (most nights). Lam Morrison and his band are a must see. Lam can flat out play the hell out of a guitar. The other band members are talented as well. Good musicianship and vocally sound. I can’t imagine a trip to Pattaya without seeing a Lam Morrison show at least once.

For Recorded Rock:

As mentioned earlier the FLB plays current and classic rock videos as well as featuring the live performances of “The Ugly Brothers†band.

TQ 1 and TQ 2 (a)gogo bars play classic rock music.

When the B-man is at the helm of the Seven Seas 2 Bar they have been know to jam some serious rock tunes.

Flb bar has the best rock band in the whole of Thailand if not Asia

ROLAND,

You need to replace the batteries in your hearing aid. :chogdee I understand Alex can replace your batteries. :rolleyes:

there's some thai guys right underneth where you go up to the Polo in the corner on the left, dont't know the name of the little bar, it's where the California Pizza place usta be.  they play "rock", i like blues factory also but as the name implies, more blues and jazz with a little soul when the thai chick does her tina turner stuff and i guess tecnially you can call "lam" rock when her's ther on wensdays or stops in for the last set.

there's even a couple of the little bars in soi 2-3 across from Classroom 2 that has r&r bands but with 15 band playing in  1/2 block area tought to listen to and then there's those damn tg's that keep distracting you....... :D

Are you talking about the place just a few meters into Walking Street from the archway? I've be to the restaurant there (upstairs) looking down onto the stage with my tg several times. Very good band playing there, and the guitarist can do some very mean Carlos Santana riffs, but I still prefer the guys at FLB.

FWIW

Firstly grateful to any musos who keep music live in LOS...but...

First time I went in Blues Factory the house band blew yer socks off. They lost frontman Greg, great harp player etc a while ago and I think now some nights they're just coasting, with Mustang Sally, I Feel Good etc.

I a'int complaining but I am surprised these excellent musicians don't want to stretch themselves a little more occasionally, though I did enjoy their version of Sandy Nelson's 'Let there be Drums'

There's a four piece Thai combo in a beer bar right opposite the entrance to Blues Factory who run thru the hits every night might appreciate a beer.

34 days

Flighty

Climax Bar is not bad, their " Free as a bird!" is a pretty good rendition. I am appalled at how little people seem to apreciate the performers by clapping. I can not play a note of music, so allways applaude those who can.

There used to be a bar called the Sea Fox, near FLB that had a fair group, but like so many others has since closed - shame.

FWIW

Firstly grateful to any musos who keep music live in LOS...but...

First time I went in Blues Factory the house band blew yer socks off. They lost frontman Greg, great harp player etc a while ago and I think now some nights they're just coasting, with Mustang Sally, I Feel Good etc.

I a'int complaining but I am surprised these excellent musicians don't want to stretch themselves a little more occasionally, though I did enjoy their version of Sandy Nelson's 'Let there be Drums'

There's a four piece Thai combo in a beer bar right opposite the entrance to Blues Factory who run thru the hits every night might appreciate a beer.

34 days

Flighty

greg left the blues factory nearly 18 months ago, they've come on leaps and bounds since then, it was boring before now there's the singer from Tonys singing blues and a hammond organ. (and singer/player)