Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

One night in London

It sems to me that the cheapest airfare for me would be with Thai air 380 pounds. However the arival and departure times do not match, so I would have to stay overnight in London and then the Q. is ,what is the cheapest way for me to do so.

It all depends on how far you're willing to go from the airport really.

My flight next month leaves too early for me to travel to Gatwick that morning so I'm travelling down the day before and staying overnight. I found the cheapest airport hotel was the Travel Inn which worked out as £50. Seems a rip-off considering what you can get in LOS for the same money but there you go. I figure the prices for hotels at Heathrow will probably be much the same.

If you're willing to travel a bit further from the airport you'll probably find somewhere a bit cheaper.

I used to have precisely the same problem flying Thai, and regularly used to stay at the Regent Palace, which has a great location a stone's throw from Piccadilly Circus and the tube. Very old and basic though (not all rooms even have a bog) and at something like £85 a night not even particularly cheap now. My suggestion would be to call in a travel agent's and pick up some of those "London Superbreak" type brochures. If you buy a rail package, make sure the return ticket will still be valid when you get back though. :rolleyes:

Stupid of me not to search trough Google. Cheapest I found was 60 pounds plus subway from Stansteed. So either I go with another airline or trough Copenhagen.

Just the price of living in Iceland

Or Arriva Hotel at 63 euros. Sems to me that the cheapest way is Icelandic Express 60 pounds (excl. tax) underground to Kings Cross. Arriva Hotel about 44 pounds with breakfast. Underground to Heathrow the day after and Thai Air 380 pounds(incl.tax). All in all about 490 pounds, instead of about 600 through Copenhagen.

p.s

Was thinking about Phuket Air but do not trust them.

Despite being English I would never recommend going through London......unless you specifically wanted to do the tourist bit there.

London hotel prices are way too high for the crappiest rooms imaginable.

Try staying at the Airport Hilton.....I paid 115 pounds years ago for a blah blah room and then had the pleasure of having to pay an extra quid to use the phone...to an 0800 number!

I also paid around 85 pounds for a Holiday inn (again years ago) and the room wasn't big enough to swing a kitten in.

Then there is getting from Heathrow (a terrible transit airport) to the hotel, they have come up with some overpriced torture called Hoppe buses...or something like that. At the moment the underground is closed from T4 too although that mainly hits BA passengers.

I do Schipol!

The cheapest price from here to Amsterdam is, belive it or not, 217 pounds with Iclandair. Without to much of a search I found Finnair 588 pounds or 805 pounds.

To either Copenhagen or London would be about 70 pounds with Icelandic Express and the cheapest from Copehagen again Finnair 546 pounds or 616 pounds.

Keflavik- London- Bangkok is 70 + 380 or 450 pounds so I have 166 pounds to spend on a hotel and the underground. I would never do the tourist bit as London is even more expencive than Reykjavík.

Book through Priority Club (holiday in nchain)

try these

Holiday Inn Heathrow

SIPSON ROAD

WEST DRAYTON, UB7 0JU

ENGLAND

44-870-4008595

Downtown: LONDON 27.2 MI/ 43.77 KM

Prices start at £58n per room per night

Or

Ho;iday inn

BATH RD, CORNER SIPSON WAY,HEATHROW

WEST DRAYTON

LONDON, UB7 0DP

ENGLAND

44-20-89900000

Prices start at 43.50 per room per night.

all available via-http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/home

BR

pattayahappy

If you are really stuck for a place to stay i live in Slough.

30 mins from Heathrow £5.00 on the bus.

Get a National express coach from stansted £20.00, 2 hrs max to Heathrow.

Then a bus to Slough.

I live in a very run down terraced house near the bus station.

You could stay at the travel inn £58.00 or rough it and stay on my sofa.

I will take you out for a curry and a beer and drive you to the Airport the next day.

Send me a message if interrested.

Taltos....

It totalled at a fraction under 1400 pounds.

That was biz class booked directly on klm.com. Tweak with the days if you can be flexible, weekend flights are more expensive.

jacko