Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 176 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

hi this site recomends the residence but i do not know any body who has stayed there wondard if anybody had and what it was really like

Hi Golfer.

Have been coming to Pattaya twice a year for the past six years. I have stayed in luxury hotels (Dusit, hard rock) and have also stayed in some dumps that have been dressed up on the web to look like palaces.

The most saddest thing is that it was only last year that I stayed at the Residence Garden. I wish I had stayed there right from the start. I would have been happier and saved a fortune. Excellent value for money, excellent rooms, excellent staff, excellent guest policy, excellent food and drink. Can't fault the place.

It really is not that far from the action as others would have you believe. Less than 5 mins in the bhatbus. Yes the road it is on is busy, but the pro's far outweigh the cons by a mile. You wont get caught with hidden extras to your bill. You are safe. Its very clean.

27th April I am back in Pattaya for 15 nights. I booked the RG before I booked my flights!!

PM me if you want more details.

Ron

Edited by rascall

I'm staying there at this moment. This is my 5th trip to Pattaya and I've stayed at the RG each time.

'nuff said. :clueless

I have one question.

In the opinion of the board members who have stayed at both hotels, which is the better all round bet, Areca Lodge or Residence Garden?

Thanks

Ben.

I asked this very question a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how to search the thread for the replies, but the general opinion was divided. I think the RG came out on top. It certainly does for me.

I'm staying there at this moment. This is my 5th trip to Pattaya and I've stayed at the RG each time.

'nuff said. :beer

Hey Mesc, Just missed you by a week! I would have let you buy me a beer.

Have stayed at the RG 3 times out of 4 trips. Love the place and the staff is THE BEST.

Have fun, Sailfast

Ben.

I asked this very question a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how to search the thread for the replies, but the general opinion was divided. I think the RG came out on top. It certainly does for me.

Thanks

Re: Residence Gardens.

Did you find it walkable to the beer bars and Go Go's?

Where is the nearest 24/7 type store??

RG is very competitively prices at 1399 plus 350 surcharge per nite during peak season still seems like a very good deal, all things considered. I have heard nothing bad about this place and I have booked it myself for next January.

Ben, it is walkable to the far end of Walking Street, takes about 15 mins, but usually I am in suh a rush to get to the action, I jump the bahtbus and am there in five.

Do residence garden rooms include dvd player?

Which one is better and why? high/low floor?

No DVD players available yet,but VCR'S are available on request.They have good internet access so if you have a laptop you can play DVD's on that.

As for high or low floors! up to you,I prefer ground floor around the back pool as it's so easy to walk out and fall in :D

While on the topic of the RG, a question came up in an IM discussion: namely, has anyone had any trouble with using the wireless Internet connection on a Mac? It was thought that there had been an issue for Mac connections, but I'm not sure what kind of protocol issue could inhibit Mac's from logging in on a wireless connection able to be used by Intel machines.

Anyway, would love some feedback from any who might have some experience.

Thanks,

Pen

hi this site recomends the residence but i do not know any body who has stayed there wondard if anybody had and what it was really like

Hi Golfer ................. I've always stayed at the Residence Garden. Check out their web site linked to Pattaya Pages, "what you see is what you get" .........by far the best deal in town IMHO. It's hassle free, really friendly staff, clean & very comfortable suites, good food at the right price, room service & nothing is too much trouble ......... if you need anything just ask at reception! Sadly, I don't stay there now as I've settled in Thailand & bought a place, but I do miss the daily action by the pool :D :D & going OFAB with other residents in the evenings. It's a fun place to be if you come alone, which will not be for long I assure you. :D

Location: Just 5 mins away from Walking Street, it's even a pleasant walk in the evenings if you have a TG to walk with ........... sometimes it's quicker than a baht bus in high season :D :D

Have a good time & enjoy & don't fuck up your holiday .......remember the 2/3 day rule :D Hmmm!

While on the topic of the RG, a question came up in an IM discussion: namely, has anyone had any trouble with using the wireless Internet connection on a Mac?  It was thought that there had been an issue for Mac connections, but I'm not sure what kind of protocol issue could inhibit Mac's from logging in on a wireless connection able to be used by Intel machines.

Stayed at RG with a friend who has a Mac. He had no other problems with the internet connection than I had with a pc.

Bob

No DVD players available yet,but VCR'S are available on request.They have good internet access so if you have a laptop you can play DVD's on that.

As for high or low floors! up to you,I prefer ground floor around the back pool as it's so easy to walk out and fall in :cry1

Thanks for info..

Gonna be there tomorrow :chogdee

First time there...I quess it was good desicion :D

AverageBob,

Thanks for the Mac info; it's what I would have suspected to be the case, but it's always good to get some "in the field" recon. I'll make sure the RG is back on my list of considered hotels.

Pen

While on the topic of the RG, a question came up in an IM discussion: namely, has anyone had any trouble with using the wireless Internet connection on a Mac? It was thought that there had been an issue for Mac connections, but I'm not sure what kind of protocol issue could inhibit Mac's from logging in on a wireless connection able to be used by Intel machines.

Anyway, would love some feedback from any who might have some experience.

Thanks,

Pen

I stayed there in November 2005, and tried to use my Laptop. You must install special software, and I understand that it only runs under Windows.

After many tries not only could I not make it work, the so-called hotel engineer could not also, so I moved to the Eastiny Residences on Soi 10 where they had wired Internet in the room.

I have been told on another board that this has changed now,a nd they are standard WiFi.

BR,

Thanks; that's probably the piece of news I was operating on. I'm probably going to spend the next holiday at the Eastiny Residences as I like the idea of a wired connection and I've had good experiences at other Eastiny properties. I am glad to hear that some or all of the kinks have been worked out at the RG, though.

Pen

• 2 months later...

is there a map anywhere showing exactly where Residence Garden is ?

i'm on the way back to LOS in the next few weeks for 1 month stay .. so may consider this one..

i've looked hard at the wholeareamap on the site but still cannot see where it is .. :chogdee2

Edited by magy

Magy

It was not marked on the whole area map in the orintation section of pattayapages.com which was a bit of an ommission. I have just updated the map and marked it clearly.

i am doing checks on where to stay in pattaya at christmas and the residence garden is one of my choices,

does the hotel have a lift (elevator) ?? or is it better to book a low floor ???

thanks to anyone for any help on this 1luv