Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used Tooms service for my last 3 trips (pick up & return). Always prompt, good price, cars ok and have recommended him to many friends. Never been let down.

Khun Adam :bigsmile:

I used Mr Toom three times on my recent trip. I arrived at the new airport at 0140 Oct 10. I didn't clear customs and get my bag until almost 0300. Mr. Toom's driver was right there with my name on a sign. He delivered me in a thunder storm directly to my hotel on Soi 6 in Bangkok for 600 baht. A little higher than a taxi, but for my first tiime in LOS, I felt very comfortable with a private car waiting for me after almost 27 hours of travel. A few days later another driver picked me up on time from my hotel and drove me to Pattaya. Offered to stop for a piss break and beer. Drove directly to the Residence Garden for 1200 baht. Ten days later it was back to Bangkok hotel, again for 1200 baht. Safe drivers each time, nice clean cars each time. I will use Mr. Toom next time I am in LOS.

used Mr Toom in July...no problems at all

emailed him today for a December trip...received a reply in a couple of hours...all set up

too easy

I wonder how many probems with taxi drivers are in fact not the taxi driver's problem but problems created by the customer and / or unforseen circumstances.

For instance:

Not taking his number with you.

Not giving him your number.

Not giving out your name correctly for an airport pickup.

Not going to the correct meeting point.

Telling him the wrong terminal.

Telling him the wrong flight time or flight number.

Telling him the wrong hotel for hotel pick up.

Taking another taxi which is pushed in your face and just forgetting about him.

This is not just in relation to Mr Toom but all prebooked taxis. I understand that many of them don;t give a monkey's chuff about us but do we always do the right thing by them ? I doubt it. Of course, they screw up and farm out business on occassion to an unreliable person. A mate of mine once said that the guy we used for a couple of years was "the best of a bad bunch". He was right.

I have also heard stories of guys that walk up to the drivers and say "That's me" even though it isn't and tell the driver where they are going. I haev never had a taxi driver check my ID to see if it is really me

I remember that the first poster that said Mr. Tom stood him up took many hits from forum members. Even now that are insinuations that anyone who complains may be working for a competing service. (Are these people on someone's payroll, or just overzealous?)

My experience was that I emailed Mr. Toom our flight numbers and asked him to pick us up at at our Bangkok hotel the following day. I supplied him with complete names, addresses and hotel phone number. He promptly confirmed. The next day, he emailed me asking for another confirmation and a personal Thai telephone number. I again gave him my hotel phone and reiterated our exact schedules and location. When I asked him if there was a problem, he said he would take care of it.

At the appointed time, he was a no-show. I then had a Thai friend call on her mobile. Mr. Toom gave her a vague explanation that he was trying to work it out. My friend then arranged excellent transportation when he continued to be a no-show. All you Mr. Toom loyalists can choose to believe it or not, but that is just the way it happened. Period!

When somebody get so big that they have to sub-contract, I expect that mistakes will happen, but what I object to is not being told there is a problem and having to make other plans immediately. I was lucky because we did not get stranded.

• 1 year later...

well well well. after all the talk back and fourth about mr toom i figure what the hell give him a shot......

first try for me and so far so good.....1200bht all in......i emailed him my date of travel without confirmed flight and he got got strait back to me "ok boss let me know when you arrive for shure" so today got confirmed flight and emailed mr toom details he got back to me return email with in 10 minutes....

somebody will be there with the sign and my name just how i like it...makes me feel important.....he even sent me a map of the airport were to go...

so far great service and 200 baht cheaper than the last taxi i booked ......ill let you know if all goes well with this trip.....

i think it will......

MR.TOOM BKK. Call 081-4827148 or 083-0178066

airport map......

bangkok_airport.jpg

Edited by glassdude007

For the Newbs, Since most of us have already decided, Consider Paul and Jan.

Expensive, 1,600 baht. No drama, no unsafe driving, No The car not work that good, excuse.

Consider other options your Next trip.

Bill

I've used him more times than I can count and I've scheduled up to 3 pick-ups in one e-mail for a trip and never had any problems. I even use him from the airport to downtown Bangkok at 600 Baht because I can't be bothered chasing a car after arriving jet lagged and wasted from 24 hours travel. His driver is always where he says he'll be. I then use him for BKK-Pattaya and Pattaya-airport and never a problem. I think I've only had the same driver twice. He tells you in his reply where to meet the driver in the airport and it works. I recommend him!

So now on my next trip I will take bus whit Bell travel

I wish that Bell was a 24 hour operation as they are the best transportation deal (150 baht) that I've seen advertised. Unfortunately becasue of my arrival/departure times I've only been able to take advantage of them twice when United put me on one of the Star Allilance carriers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mr Toom is reliable as far as my experience! His drivers are great. Sometimes you may get a driver who has a pretty classy car, and other times just very average. The price is right!

Edited by bangkapiboy
Mr Toom is reliable as far as my experience! His drivers are great. Sometimes you may get a driver who has a pretty classy car, and other times just very average. The price is right!

Correct, i'm now in my 4th year using Mr Toom and agree with the comments above.

On Sunday his driver will be waiting for me for the 4th time this year.

Great Service as always for me.

Edited by rainsberger

I've used Mr. Toom several times without any issues. However, now that Jan is working again, I'm trying to support her. Two weeks ago, she got me from the airport to Pattaya in one hour and five minutes, safe and sound.

• 2 weeks later...
I've used Mr. Toom several times without any issues. However, now that Jan is working again, I'm trying to support her. Two weeks ago, she got me from the airport to Pattaya in one hour and five minutes, safe and sound.

Hi mate, could you kindly advise me Jan or Toom's contact?

In May 2006,I undertook my only trip to LOS. Emailed Mr.Toom about my arrival details and got a confirmation email informing that one of his drivers would be waiting at the appropriate time. After i landed at the new airport, it took some time to clear immigration & get out. When i walked out and found that there was no one waiting with a signboard, I was approached by someone who was there with a mobile in his hand. He asked me if i needed any taxi for which i replied that i was supposed to have one, waiting. He immediately asked me to give him Mr.Toom's number. Since i had luckily at that time, he called up & informed me back saying that the driver had waited but since it took a longwhile, the driver had decided to go.

Then Mr. toom apologised for the inconvenience and promised me that a driver would come in a shortwhile. Yes, the driver did turn out at that time and it happened that it was a young lady, who drove in style to drop me at patts

Since i was fresh landing for the first time in LOS, the wait was n't bothering.

Also emailed Mr.T to get a taxi to drop me in Bkk from patts on return & the driver arrived at the said date & time & zoomed in to sukhimvit road in Bkk in 1hr 30 mins. :P

I recommend his services.

Using a service which is called Mr. Tomb.... I don't know about you but I aint too sure... :unsure:
Yeah, he's dead good.
  • 2 weeks later...
I used to use Mr. Toom alot but since his forget about my come flight and it happend 2 -3 time before so i stop using him hope he not be like that anymore :rolleyes:

I have used Mr T (not same as your Toom) since 2003 and never had a problem. Just the opposite .. a very good service always there even if flight was late. Last night was driven to the airport by lady Pet one of Mr T's drivers .... excellent driver and good quality car THB 1,000 including tolls

Edited by som nam na