Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Warning/ and or information desired

I have previously been told by a reliable source that he has witnesses several times, thai insect sellers killing the insects with insecticide. Due to the levels of education in these people it does not surprise me. Since one of my friends stopped eating them he no longer has stomach aches..

I was building together quotes about the effects of insecticide, but i think we all know its not reccommended in our daily diet.

So this post was to warn people and to ask if anyone here has seen it being done, so maybe next time someone walks past any sellers they can take a look...

Maybe this is why some of the girls are so crazy... getting brought up on insecticide.,.. no wonder the mosquitos attack us and not them!!!

Fair enough that the insect is fried, I'm no scientist but because insecticide is not a living organism i guess there is no proteins to be damaged, therefore the chemical such as DDT is undamaged then digested and passed through generations if exposed to decent amounts.

I have previously been told by a reliable source that he has witnesses several times, thai insect sellers killing the insects with insecticide. Due to the levels of education in these people it does not surprise me. Since one of my friends stopped eating them he no longer has stomach aches..

I was building together quotes about the effects of insecticide, but i think we all know its not reccommended in our daily diet.

So this post was to warn people and to ask if anyone here has seen it being done, so maybe next time someone walks past any sellers they can take a look...

Maybe this is why some of the girls are so crazy... getting brought up on insecticide.,.. no wonder the mosquitos attack us and not them!!!

Fair enough that the insect is fried, I'm no scientist but because insecticide is not a living organism i guess there is no proteins to be damaged, therefore the chemical such as DDT is undamaged then digested and passed through generations if exposed to decent amounts.

Sorry, but my only question at this time is who is this reliable source? Should we just take your word that you know what you are talking about?

I am suspect of a lot of things by nature. One of those is hearsay.

I can't wait until you get to LOS mid. :llaugh Don't worry, we'll look after you. :cry1

Let's see. I'm cruising the waterways in Bangkok and find a nice food vendor who either rinses her food in the river or her hands or her utensils.

Trust me, I don't need looking after.

I don't have a desire to eat insects (which are served in 4 star restaurants there too). I doubt that I would eat anything off of a food vendor there. I don't do that here.

I think you missed my point.

The source is a man off a professional expat forum, he has a very good job and his posts are always about politics and news. He is always spot on. I do not go on this forum anymore because the owner looks down on mongering people.

The first time i went to thailand i ate farang food for 3 months, no illness... the second time i went to thailand, i ate thai food... i had food poisioning for about 10-14 days... and i have a very strong stomach!! I wont be bothering again...

The source is a man off a professional expat forum, he has a very good job and his posts are always about politics and news. He is always spot on. I do not go on this forum anymore because the owner looks down on mongering people.

The first time i went to thailand i ate farang food for 3 months, no illness... the second time i went to thailand, i ate thai food... i had food poisioning for about 10-14 days... and i have a very strong stomach!! I wont be bothering again...

Do you guys reckon jiggy came out of his shell and got back on the forum? :clap2 :cry2 :D

Let's see. I'm cruising the waterways in Bangkok and find a nice food vendor who either rinses her food in the river or her hands or her utensils.

Trust me, I don't need looking after.

I don't have a desire to eat insects (which are served in 4 star restaurants there too). I doubt that I would eat anything off of a food vendor there. I don't do that here.

I think you missed my point.

There's good and bad to everything mid. I've seen people get sick eating in some great restaurants. I have never been sick yet eating food from a street vendor in LOS and it tastes a whole lot better McDonald's or Burger King. :banghead

Some of the insects aren't that bad. :banghead

I'm eating 90% thai food, including noodle soups, food carts etc. and never ever was poisoned. However all known poisonings around me come from farang food. The worst are the farang food made by thais... some cream cakes caused serious and long trips to the toilet...

Curious what you ate when you got sick, I know I was advised before my first trip to Thailand for school not to eat unpeeled fruit or uncooked vegetables. I ignored that advice once and got very sick. Since then I have never eaten raw vegetabes (i.e. salad, lettuce on a burger etc.) or unpeeled fruit and have not gotten sick since.

i myself was curious as to how they were able to preserve/capture/kill the insectes and keep them in "good" form, not being smashed/crushed. using an insectaside seems like a good way to kill them without skwaushing them!!!

purely just speculation on my part.

cheers

rb

Curious what you ate when you got sick, I know I was advised before my first trip to Thailand for school not to eat unpeeled fruit or uncooked vegetables. I ignored that advice once and got very sick. Since then I have never eaten raw vegetabes (i.e. salad, lettuce on a burger etc.) or unpeeled fruit and have not gotten sick since.

A girl i knew kept bringing me BBQ chicken and all that stuff.. after it was coming out at both ends the whole time, I was sick until i was fully exhausted and dyhydrated in desperation i ended up drinking tap water which i guess made me ill even further. I was sick so hard blood started coming through my skin below my eyes...

A girl i knew kept bringing me BBQ chicken and all that stuff.. after it was coming out at both ends the whole time, I was sick until i was fully exhausted and dyhydrated in desperation i ended up drinking tap water which i guess made me ill even further. I was sick so hard blood started coming through my skin below my eyes...

Real smart move there genius, drinking water from the tap in Thailand 5555! :D :clap2 :beer

Real smart move there genius, drinking water from the tap in Thailand 5555! :cry2 :moon

Ahh Big Chief struggling to read my posts properly again! Trying to make me look stupid again.. why bother it back fires everytime.

I'll explain so you can understand. I wrote

"exhausted and dyhydrated in desperation i ended up drinking tap water which i guess made me ill even further"

Desperation is pronounced des-per-a-tion because you clearly do not know it and what it means

1. Recklessness arising from despair.

I also stated that i knew it was a bad idea to drink it along with i was desperate. It seems you want me to come into your threads and take the piss out of you, I'm trying to hold back, i like the way you are much older than me yet you subject me to your childish self amusing ways, completely selfishly amusing yourself by annoying people.. I just think its sad that it seems you are a social retard and are unable to give a shit about anyone else on this forum, you put everyone down, yet your stabbing your self in the foot! You've embarraseed yourself everytime trying to make me look silly keep doing it if you really must.. its entertaining to watch you trip over yourself... I notice you make a point of only either sending abuse to me or not repling in my threads... I wonder what is going on in your mind... I suppose I'm a good target for you, because i dont ignore your abusive ways... anyway i look forward to your next reply :drunk

Edited by farangmaikwai
Ahh Big Chief struggling to read my posts properly again! Trying to make me look stupid again.. why bother it back fires everytime.

I'll explain so you can understand. I wrote

"exhausted and dyhydrated in desperation i ended up drinking tap water which i guess made me ill even further"

Desperation is pronounced des-per-a-tion because you clearly do not know it and what it means

I also stated that i knew it was a bad idea to drink it along with i was desperate. It seems you want me to come into your threads and take the piss out of you, I'm trying to hold back, i like the way you are much older than me yet you subject me to your childish self amusing ways, completely selfishly amusing yourself by annoying people.. I just think its sad that it seems you are a social retard and are unable to give a shit about anyone else on this forum, you put everyone down, yet your stabbing your self in the foot! You've embarraseed yourself everytime trying to make me look silly keep doing it if you really must.. its entertaining to watch you trip over yourself... I notice you make a point of only either sending abuse to me or not repling in my threads... I wonder what is going on in your mind... I suppose I'm a good target for you, because i dont ignore your abusive ways... anyway i look forward to your next reply :bigsmile:

Even in desperation, anybody that knows anything about Thailand, would know never to drink the water. Are you telling me that you are stupid enough to not have bottled water on hand in your room? Or you couldn't call down to the front desk of the hotel and have them send some up for you? Come on sonny, you got to be smarter than that. <huh

Most, if not all, hotels of any size give you at least 2 bottles of free drinking water in your room. :drunk

Mate I was very ill for a some time, all my water had gone, plus i was dehydrating rapidly, i ran out of credit on my phone, no neighbours, i didnt know the receptions number, i ate all the fruit i had just for water, as soon as i started walking i would keep throwing up, so i didnt get far and then i got real weak... Luckily a bargirl that i knew turned up on her motorbike with some food and water, but with the sun i was so dehydrated. I stilll dont know what caused it, i guess food posioning. Infact i still seem to be having stomach problems so i might look into it.

Last time I was there me and my tg had some spicy noodles on the way home from Walking Street. She told me how she went to this stall every night after she finished at the resterant she worked at. Next morning my tg got sick and I was ok.

I thought I was quite tough, until she said that she had asked for me to get "falang" spicy while she had the proper stuff. Was put in my place.

Insects are not right by the way. Eat one yes, but one of anything isnt going to do you much harm

I wrote

:bigsmile:

Thank god if you dont know what is desperation! From desperation I had a sex with my sister in law. My ex took everything (about 1,2 Mill$) only the ute left as she dont drive with manual. Im still desperate to hear that clicking sound when I grab her neck.