Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Airbus and Boeing products running behind schedule

Hi,

Condit seems an interesting guy but not the type you want running the company. If the article is right Boeing are going for dodgy Defence contracts in the future and are leaving the commercial aircraft business to Airbus.

Well you got to remember that article is 4 years old. McNerny is in charge now, and not Stonecipher. Stonecipher couldn't keep his dick in his pants like Condit couldn't. Last I heard from Condit is his latest wife is Thai.

Unfortunately Boeing still has too much of McD element at the helm. Followed by some Nano Raven Type of Rockwell Management. When Boeing first bought Rockwell in 1996, they were good to us. They shipped us manufacturing work from Puget Sound for the 737 / 777. Once McD became part of Boeing that stopped.

We were also being bombarded by NASA trying to take away our Shuttle modification work. One Congressman stood up for us and told us at an assembly. "I'll be damned if NASA relocates Shuttle mods to Florida, while putting experience California workers out of jobs." Unfortunately he passed on in 1999, and that opened the door for Dumbya to give the work to his brother Jeb's state.

Edited by eltib
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys will have to carry on this ridiculous topic without BigD, but rest assured, he will be able to read it.

So few Rolls Royce Trent engines used on the A380 and so many problems.

Posted Images

BOEING is bullish the 787's new production and first flight schedule will be met, despite speculation among airlines and leasing companies that there could be further delays.

Boeing commercial airplanes president Scott Carson said Boeing was ahead of its deadlines by a day or so as program momentum accelerated.

Boeing last month announced a six-month slip in the 787's first flight and first delivery due to several issues, including a shortage of the correct fasteners and software issues.

After the rollout on July 8, the tail of the first 787 was detached but has since been reinstalled.

Mr Carson said sections of the fuselage were complete and ready for insulation blankets.

He conceded, however, that there were a few "more fasteners to be replaced" but said they were in easy-to-access areas of the aircraft.

The electronics bay is being assembled and Honeywell is believed to be on track with the flight control software.

Boeing expects the 787 to take to the air at the end of March. Jetstar is due to take delivery of its first 787 in 12 months - six months late.

Qantas and Jetstar are the largest airline customers with a combined order for 65, with 20 options.

Mr Carson also said Boeing and Emirates were still working on the range and payload capabilities of the 747-8, with insiders at Emirates telling The Australian a deal may be struck for an order for 20 by year's end.

Emirates has been pressing Boeing to offer the original 747-8 stretch of just 3.6 metres to increase range by 300 nautical miles, but Boeing has so far been reluctant to commit.

"Boeing and General Electric are working very hard to meet the (Emirates) range/payload requirement with both engine and aircraft configuration improvements," Mr Carson said.

"We are extremely close and deep in discussion."

One observer told The Australian that a deal was almost ready to be announced at the Dubai Air Show, although that comment just brought a smile from Mr Carson.

Emirates wants a 50 tonne payload to 8300 nautical mile capability for Dubai-US West Coast operations.

Boeing has enjoyed considerable sales success with the 747-8, with sales so far topping 100 with 75 options and price rights.

Boeing is also working on engine and aerodynamic improvements in the 777-300ER and 777-200LR aircraft, , according to Mr Carson.

"We (Boeing and GE) are working on improvements from the GEnx (for the 787) program into the GE90," Carson said.

He also noted that Boeing was finetuning the aerodynamics of the aircraft and expected to offer airlines a package that would match the promised seat mile costs of the newly launched A350-1000 years before that aircraft entered service.

In the longer term, Boeing is considering its options for a replacement for the 777 that would possibly enter service in the 2015-2018 time frame.

Both Virgin Blue and Air New Zealand have recently ordered 777-300ERs.

You have to chuckle when they are making such a big noise about EADS tanker bid and what it means to American jobs when, at the same time, they are farming out their commercial aircraft production to any country that will subsidise accept the development costs. :thumbup

Hi,

Too funny. :D They seem to have made a right mess of outsourcing the work on the Nightmareliner. :D I think they would have done better to make it in Seattle where they have lots of experienced workers. BigD seems to be falling for Boeings hype again. Shame how a guy can live so long and be so naive. :D

Boeing has enjoyed considerable sales success with the 747-8, with sales so far topping 100 with 75 options and price rights.

Yeah right.....Not for 2007, but maybe since 2004. Was the plane even introduced then? Where are they getting their figures?

Previous Sales

2007 to date 11/13/2007

I'm sure Cheshire Tom will get a chuckle from this.

Scott Carson must be getting senile. Or that's a typo from the SPI.

Airbus has a break even point of 470 planes with the 380 give or take a few. Along with the 350 debacle where a very expensive redesign has taken place. What will the break even point be with this plane? Airbus bottom line will take big hits for years to come. Without EU 'launch aid' Airbus will be in a very precarious position.

SEATTLE, Nov. 22, 2007 -- Boeing (NYSE:BA) said KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, part of the Air France/KLM Group, has placed an order for additional 737 and 777 aircraft.

The airline will add three next-generation 737-700s and two 777-300ERs (Extended Range) to its fleet.

As part of the agreement, KLM took options on one additional 737 and two additional 777s. The order, worth approximately 716 mln usd at catalogue prices, was previously posted to the Boeing orders and deliveries website and attributed to an unidentified customer.

Yeah right.....Not for 2007, but maybe since 2004. Was the plane even introduced then? Where are they getting their figures?

Previous Sales

2007 to date 11/13/2007

I'm sure Cheshire Tom will get a chuckle from this.

Scott Carson must be getting senile. Or that's a typo from the SPI.

The 747-800 has only one customer for the passenger version (Lufthansa). The frieght version has sold well and together it amounts to around 100 orders, however, there is less than 50 options for the aircraft. The bottom line is that even after the A380 delays were announced Boeing failed to secure even one order for the passenger version of the 747-800.

SEATTLE, Nov. 22, 2007 -- Boeing (NYSE:BA) said KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, part of the Air France/KLM Group, has placed an order for additional 737 and 777 aircraft.

They aren't new orders, just putting a name to orders already made. :thumbup

Once again your just being silly changing my handle to WalterMittyUSA. It's always your words that show what kind of guy you are. Lame.

Once again your just being silly changing my handle to WalterMittyUSA. It's always your words that show what kind of guy you are. Lame.

It's taken you this long to realise? :allright

Appropriate though, don't you think? :bigsmile:

Edited by CheshireTom
It's taken you this long to realise? :allright

Appropriate though, don't you think? :bigsmile:

LMAOAY when you pull this childish stuff.

And changing your name to Walter Mitty indicates what?

A sense of humor?

Dead-on accuracy in judgement?

:bigsmile: :banghead

And changing your name to Walter Mitty indicates what?

A sense of humor?

Dead-on accuracy in judgement?

:rolleyes: :allright

How would you feel if I changed your handle from Hub to I married a Thai whore and lied to my parents because I'm ashamed of where we met and the type of work she did. Would that show my sense of humor?

Dead on accuracy in judgement?

You may not think it's humorous or accurate.

Since I have my original military discharge papers it would be easy to prove my record in Vietnam as far as medals I received. I also have my daughter and mine old passports which would make it easy to prove all the as one guy put it "fantastical trips" dad and daughter took over the years. Kind of hard to photo shop visa entry and exit stamps in the passports. Once again easy to prove all the trips I've taken to LOS over the years with my passport entry and exit visa stamps.

If you want me to prove my "Walter Mitty" life easy to do. All you have to do is make a $5000USD donation to the Pattaya Orphange and once you prove you made the donation, I'll match your donation with my own $5000USD donation. Win win situation for the kids and you get the chance to show me up.

Wanna play? I'm in Pattaya next month and can bring my original documents with me. :D

CheshireTom,

Your welcome to play also. I'm even willing to match your $5000USD donation.

Edited by BigDUSA

BigD,

Since I have my original military discharge papers it would be easy to prove my record in Vietnam as far as medals I received. I also have my daughter and mine old passports which would make it easy to prove all the as one guy put it "fantastical trips" dad and daughter took over the years. Kind of hard to photo shop visa entry and exit stamps in the passports. Once again easy to prove all the trips I've taken to LOS over the years with my passport entry and exit visa stamps.

Can't remember questioning the number of trips you've made to Pattaya. As for military service (and associated photoshopped docs), it was you who questioned mine, not vice versa. Want a link? 2guns

Anyway, we've played this game before. You lost and had to make a grovelling apology if I remember rightly.

Now, if you want me to post links to, among others, your pattaya hotel owner, English teacher, Northshore investor, Pattaya retiree, Yugo owner fantasies and so on and so on then go ahead.

Still dreaming/fantasising about your relocation? :rolleyes: Next month, isn't it?? :banana

Anyway, back to kicking Euro butt. Any predictions on actual aircraft orders that will be achieved by Airbus and Boeing in 2007? I'll go with 1,200 plus for Boeing and 1,350 plus for Airbus.

Edited by CheshireTom
I have a feeling that future aircraft sales will not be in the lowly $US, but the Euro or perhaps the Thai Baht. :rolleyes:

The dollar is low today ....... god knows what the situation will be in a year's time. The problem for everyone isn't so much its current weakness but the recent volatility of the currency versus its previous long-term stability.

Funnily enough, if Boeing had kept the 787 production entirely in-house in the USA they would now be able to sell an aircraft for around the same price as we pay for a new Mondeo. :allright

As for the Thai Baht ........ well, if the PPP prevails next month all bets are off as to which direction Thailand will be heading. IMHO, of course. (Just in case Joe is reading

Edited by CheshireTom
How would you feel if I changed your handle from Hub to "I married a Thai whore and lied to my parents because I'm ashamed of where we met and the type of work she did." Would that show my sense of humor?

I think that "eating popcorn emoticon" will be needed if that happens.

:rolleyes:

It's available on the PI at night site, why not here?

popcorn.gif?t=1195852981

Edited by eltib
BigD,

Can't remember questioning the number of trips you've made to Pattaya. :clap1 Perhaps you can provide a link? 2guns As for military service (and associated photoshopped docs), it was you who questioned mine, not vice versa. Want a link? :bow

Anyway, we've played this game before. You lost and had to make a grovelling apology if I remember rightly.

Now, if you want me to post links to, among others, your pattaya hotel owner, English teacher, Northshore investor, Pattaya retiree, Yugo owner fantasies and so on and so on then go ahead.

Still dreaming/fantasising about your relocation? :D Next month, isn't it?? :bow

Anyway, back to kicking Euro butt. Any predictions on actual aircraft orders that will be achieved by Airbus and Boeing in 2007? I'll go with 1,200 plus for Boeing and 1,350 plus for Airbus. :D

I'll take your long winded answer as a no.

How would you feel if I changed your handle from Hub to I married a Thai whore and lied to my parents because I'm ashamed of where we met and the type of work she did. Would that show my sense of humor?

If you want me to prove my "Walter Mitty" life easy to do. All you have to do is make a $5000USD donation to the Pattaya Orphange and once you prove you made the donation, I'll match your donation with my own $5000USD donation. Win win situation for the kids and you get the chance to show me up.

Wanna play? I'm in Pattaya next month and can bring my original documents with me. :rolleyes:

CheshireTom,

Denny -

comparing "walter mitty" to the vile crap you you posted above? Walter Mitty refers to you, not your family, wife, or daughter. Your dreams of my relationship with/lies to my family have been debunked several times.

No, you are lucky I am not in Pattaya next month, as when I see you face to face it will not be pretty. You made a mistake.

Our next words will be exchanged in person.

Edited by Hub
I'll take your long winded answer as a no.

It seems like your last apology was straight out of your bullshit manual ............ :rolleyes:

BigDUSA Apr 11 2006, 03:57 AM Post #21

Elite Poster

Group: Participant

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (CheshireTom @ Apr 10 2006, 08:43 AM)

BigD,

It's not me nor Hub that you should be apologising to ....... we are all big lads who can take the shit that flies on the boards from time to time. Any apologies, if offered, should be directed towards the lady that you choose to insult on a regular basis and is the reason for our disagreements.

I had actually made a New Year's resolution to put you on ignore and had kept to that up until a few weeks ago when you started up again. If you are man enough to offer your genuine apologies to the lady in question then I'll happily put you on ignore again.

Deal?

Tom

No problem, I'm more then glad to offer my heartfelt apology to the women Hub married. If I had known he was married to her, I would not have mentioned her or her child.

FWIW, I hope Hub and his family are happy, healthy and successful in life.

How would you feel if I changed your handle from Hub to "I married a Thai whore and lied to my parents because I'm ashamed of where we met and the type of work she did." Would that show my sense of humor?

Denny -

comparing "walter mitty" to the vile crap you you posted above? Walter Mitty refers to you, not your family, wife, or daughter. Your dreams of my relationship with/lies to my family have been debunked several times.

No, you are lucky I am not in Pattaya next month, as when I see you face to face it will not be pretty. You made a mistake.

I guess we'll be able to read it on Pattaya Mail or Pattaya City news when it happens. :banghead :D

Looks like the BiB will be getting some much needed revenue from the fines, if you consider 1000 baht allot. :rolleyes:

:banana popcorn.gif?t=1195852981

Edited by eltib
Denny -

I take it your answer is no. What did I post that's not true and I see you didn't like my'sense of humor'. If I remember correctly, YOU jumped into this exchange when you didn't have to and now that you get a taste of my 'sense of humor' and 'dead on accuracy' you don't like it and start with threats.

Looks like the kids at the orpahange are the loser's with you two. I would have so enjoyed giving them $10,000USD along with the $10,000USD 'donation' from you two . As they say in Texas, your all hat, no cattle. :rolleyes:

Edited by BigDUSA
Denny -

hehehehe Denny.....................Hub is going to kick your ass (my assessment...........no violence has been stated explicity :bigsmile: )

Hub, you should sell tickets..........walking street muay Thai boxing ring.......all proceeds to the Orphanage.

Ding Ding :bigsmile:

Looks like the kids at the orpahange are the loser's with you two. I would have so enjoyed giving them $10,000USD along with the $10,000USD 'donation' from you two . As they say in Texas, your all hat, no cattle. :bigsmile:

Hub and Cheshire Tom, why do you hate the 'kids at the Orphanage'?.................whyyyyyyyy?.........the kids are always the losers with you two guys :bigsmile: ....................LOL