Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

TV through the internet

I was going through PP's post a while back and wondered if there is a way now to get tv through the internet which i could watch on a large tv not a pc screen.

I could chuck my knowledge in but that is very limited. Any assistance, especially with sport and German TV would be most appreciated.

Thanks

And on a simular subject.... is there a way to link a laptop to a TV so what I would have on my laptop screen could be viewed on the TV screen?

I have several sites that I use to watch recorded programs on the computer, but would love a way to link to a large TV screen.

You can add your pc to ur tv. I've got a sony HDTV that has a vga connection in the back

all I do is plug in the vga connector and I've got my pc on the tv. Works pretty good although

I like doing my computer stuff on my computer screen and taking movies(mostly homemade) and

watching them on the tv.

Check out this youtube video

Edited by packhike
And on a simular subject.... is there a way to link a laptop to a TV so what I would have on my laptop screen could be viewed on the TV screen?

I have several sites that I use to watch recorded programs on the computer, but would love a way to link to a large TV screen.

If your computer has an S-Video output socket yes you can. Then you will need to get cables to match whatever is available on your TVs, normally an AV female socket, but sometimes they have S-Video too. You also need a seperate cable for the sound, from your computer (small stereo jack male plug)... to 2 AV plugs, like the ones you find on audio systems. I found all this quite cumbersome, and was not particularly happy with the picture quality. Getting the computer to output to the TV also has to be figured out... you sometimes end up with no screen to operate your computer by.. most confusing. :clap2
I was going through PP's post a while back and wondered if there is a way now to get tv through the internet which i could watch on a large tv not a pc screen.

I could chuck my knowledge in but that is very limited. Any assistance, especially with sport and German TV would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the answers to my question... but getting back to Torrenova's original question, does anyone have any links to sites that offer live sports over the net? Irishman had asked about sites that show NFL games. Hell, I might even be willing to use a paysite if there are any out there with decent content...

Does anyone know if these newsgroups things or the places where you guys get your free videos from offer sport ?

And what is this about TV out ? Does the computer need some special chip to make TV work to the big (54") screen ?

Does anyone know if these newsgroups things or the places where you guys get your free videos from offer sport ?

And what is this about TV out ? Does the computer need some special chip to make TV work to the big (54") screen ?

You can get sport content from the Newsgroups but obviously it won't be live.

For example, somebody in England might record the FA Cup Final on his DVD Recorder, whack the DVD in his PC and upload it to a Newsgroup. Some of these guys are so good at what they do, you could be downloading it within hours of the 'live' event.

'TV out' could mean a few different things.

Some computers have TV built in already or as an add on. TV out would be the physical connection on the PC to which you would attach a suitable lead or wireless video sender, etc so that you can connect to your TV.

If you have a desktop PC with a spare slot inside, you could go and buy a 'video out' card and install it.

There's lots of variables depending on your equipment.

I really want to get German football "live". My ideal would be say a 10-15 minute buffer so starting 10-15 minutes late, maybe 30 minutes late. As I show the 1st half, I get near the end of my buffered bit but I get a respite of 15-20 minutes at half time to "get ahead" again.

That would be ideal for me but I am not sure if it is possible within such a short timeframe.

The first thing you need is a good Internet connection. My stinking Ipstar is so slow that I can't even listen to radio stations.

:finger

Hi T,

I cant help you with pc to tv,but try http://www.asiaplate.com/members.php

plenty of football on here including german soccer.

i watched liverpool play yesterday, and chelsea and utd today they also show german football,the quality is not as good as sattelite but more than watchable,i would not reccomend putting it in your bar,but in your room no probs.

iam not sure the internet speeds in thailand will cope but try it anyway good luck.