Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Bay Resort - Deluxe Room Images

Here are some photos if anyone is interested. I stayed at this hotel in August, but they only had a standard room available for a monthly rate. That room was okay, but too small for a long stay. This room was much better.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

I hade no idea what the purpose of this alcove is. I was tempted to set up a straw mat for bad Thai girls.

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

More pics....

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice on posting the pics, but...... why the heck did they put the microwave in the childproof spot? :banghead

I believe it's a TG-proof spot, so nobody tries to microwave a few sticks of leftover bbq for nine minutes.

This hotel is shit ,its out the way they got a bus to run you around but one of the drivers as not got a driving license so you get ejected at the main road

The lift takes you to every floor

The standard rooms are small and expensive

And you are surrounded by building sites

This hotel is shit ,its out the way they got a bus to run you around but one of the drivers as not got a driving license so you get ejected at the main road

The lift takes you to every floor

The standard rooms are small and expensive

And you are surrounded by building sites

I disagree with a few things. The tuk tuk brings you to Second Road or Soi Buakhao. It's not supposed to take you all over town, so I don't know where you got that idea. There are motorbike taxis at the new mall. It's only "out the way" if you don't know your way around town.

I also don't think 1,150 (without breakfast) is expensive for a room in a new hotel with a lift, decent pool, and good restaurant. I do agree that the rooms are small.

The building sites are far away enough that I didn't notice any problems with the noise.

I've stayed at this hotel for 45 days in the last six months and I'm mostly happy with it. That said, there are plenty of choices out there.

They tell you on there web site that they have a free bus and you ring the number and the bus will cum and pick you up from town

The other drivers with licences run me to soi 8 and soi Diana

They are building directly in front of the hotel 20 meters away

And to the side. from 24-12-07

Its in a dark position at the back of the new mal, at 4 in the morning muggers paradise

They tell you on there web site that they have a free bus and you ring the number and the bus will cum and pick you up from town

The other drivers with licences run me to soi 8 and soi Diana

If the driver is bringing you everywhere then why are you complaining about the hotel being out of the way?

They are building directly in front of the hotel 20 meters away

And to the side. from 24-12-07

Yes, but is noise an issue? I stayed there in December and January -- the noise was not an issue for me at all. I didn't hear anything at all.

Its in a dark position at the back of the new mal, at 4 in the morning muggers paradise

I never had a problem returning home from 4AM on. Nor have I seen anyone mugged in front of the hotel. Have you?

The balcony looked OK but I couldn't see if they've positioned a noisy fucking air conditioner on the balcony? One of the nice things about the Sandy Spring is all the air conditioners are at the back off the open hallways leading to the rooms. That means that in the room you don't hear them and you can sit on your balcony and not have to chose between going deaf or letting your room heat up. Too many Pattaya hotels stick the a/c unit on the balcony. Where is it at this place?

I commented on the fact that the driver with out did not drive on the Maine roads

= get the fuck out

Hotel+building site, sit on you balcony the bird are singing = move on

Muggings happen all over patts, whether there as been one on this road I do not know.

The area is some what lonely with a lot of waste ground and bushes,

Giving opportunity

If member are happy to stay UP TO THEM .

But for me I will not stay there any more UP TO ME.

The hotel is clean and the staff friendly and the pool is small but good

The sun beds are the cheep plastic ones

And its girl friendly

End of comments. :bigsmile:

I commented on the fact that the driver with out did not drive on the Maine roads

= get the fuck out

Yes, it would be hard to drive from Soi 15 to anywhere in Maine.

Hotel+building site, sit on you balcony the bird are singing = move on

I had cigarettes on the balcony all the time. Noise was never an issue for me.

Muggings happen all over patts, whether there as been one on this road I do not know.

The area is some what lonely with a lot of waste ground and bushes,

Giving opportunity

I see. So just because you think it looks like a good place to get mugged, that makes it a "muggers paradise" as you call it -- even though you've never seen or heard about anyone being mugged there.

Getting back to useful and practical advice, I think this is a good hotel that's fairly priced. I would not recommend it for newcomers, since a hotel between Beach/Second Road is more ideal for first timers. Nor would I recommend to lazy people that can't be bothered to take a Tuk Tuk to Second Road or Soi Buakhao. I like that the hotel is slightly secluded, but I understand why some people would not.

Edited by MC_Ldop
  • 4 weeks later...

Some of this is just too funny.

The hotel is right behnd the new mall. From the driveway of the hotel to the back entrance of the mall is 50 meters.

The poster gripped that the tuktuk driver wouldn't take him to soy Dianna. It's a 300m walk, get real.

There is NO construction noise (or music from nearby bars). Where does this dude stay?

BTW, I do agree the standard rooms are a little small. I only would stay in a delux. But the aircon, hot water, etc. are the best I have ever seen in Pattaya.

There is NO construction noise (). Where does this dude stay?
Are you jocking ?

All the area between the new mall "The Avenue" and the "Center Condo" is in construction. They are working on at least 7 new buildings ! There is lot of pilling for 3 weeks and you can't not hear that from the Bay Resort...

You can see one of the construction sites from the picture of the baloney; it’s got green safety sheeting hanging of it

Or am I blind, may be I am seeing the green sea in the distance

:bigsmile:

"are you jocking?"

Well, I was there 2 weeks ago (in room 611? which is closest to most of the construction) and never heard a peep (except for the one time I had left the balcony door open because I had a fire in the microwave).

The hotel is well back off soy 15, in case you havn't noticed.

The biggest construction going on is closer the the Areca, but I doubt you here it there either.

5 pairs of ladies shoes :drunk

Looks pretty good,but I never stay at a hotel without a walk in shower

Cheers

The standard rooms have walk-in showers. They're good rooms, but a little small if you're staying for an extended period of time.

Now i am all confused - i was gonna stay there in May cos it sounded good ,plus with free wifi & a pool ,what more could i ask for . And with the hotel being new and within budget - now i don't know .

Now i am all confused - i was gonna stay there in May cos it sounded good ,plus with free wifi & a pool ,what more could i ask for . And with the hotel being new and within budget - now i don't know .

OK, here's the unbiased lowdown as quick as I can summarise it.

The location is on a stupid soy (15) that runs crooked and therfor WAS inconvient to get to from second road. This changed when the new mall opened, and is now not an issue (you just walk through the mall). They still have their tuktuk that was usefull before, but it doesn't take you all over town, what's the deal? Other hotels don't either.

The hotel is new and the mechanics are excellent. The two drawback I would list are that the standard rooms are a little small, and sometimes you might get noise from the room next to you (I havn't, but enough have said this that I believe it). There is NO construction or bar noise.

I have stayed there twice, and will stay again.

I would compare it to the Sabai Wing or Sandy Spring. It is newer, but a little higher priced.

Hi All,

I have stayed at the Pattaya Bay Resort for about a month and a half. I give it about an 8 out of 10.

1. The staff and western manager are helpful and friendly.

2. The cost is ~19,000B a month for a standard room. They clean the room twice a week at that rate. There is an additional charge to clean the room every day. They also charge extra for Power and Water. Personally - I think that's kind of chickenshit... but whatever.

3. The noise outside has not been a problem to date. I do not hear anything.

4. The room is kind of small. It's only big enough for one person. If you have a full time GF, do yourself a favor and get a deluxe room or go to another hotel.

5. I think that the location is excellent. It's located right in back of the new mall, so I cut through the mall and am on Second Road adjacent to Soi 13/Soi Yamato.

6 BG friendly! They give me a call when the BG leaves (before she gets her I.D. back) and they make sure that everything is o-k. Nice touch.

7. Free wireless internet that consistently works. A requirement for me. And, no extra charge!

8. It is a very clean hotel. Near near spotless :-)

At this price, I believe that this is good value for the money.

be well.

Hi All,

I have stayed at the Pattaya Bay Resort for about a month and a half. I give it about an 8 out of 10.

1. The staff and western manager are helpful and friendly.

2. The cost is ~19,000B a month for a standard room. They clean the room twice a week at that rate. There is an additional charge to clean the room every day. They also charge extra for Power and Water. Personally - I think that's kind of chickenshit... but whatever.

3. The noise outside has not been a problem to date. I do not hear anything.

4. The room is kind of small. It's only big enough for one person. If you have a full time GF, do yourself a favor and get a deluxe room or go to another hotel.

5. I think that the location is excellent. It's located right in back of the new mall, so I cut through the mall and am on Second Road adjacent to Soi 13/Soi Yamato.

6 BG friendly! They give me a call when the BG leaves (before she gets her I.D. back) and they make sure that everything is o-k. Nice touch.

7. Free wireless internet that consistently works. A requirement for me. And, no extra charge!

8. It is a very clean hotel. Near near spotless :-)

At this price, I believe that this is good value for the money.

be well.

I would like to disagree with your point about extra charges for utilities. In Thailand, the utility cost vs labour cost is FAR higher than in the western world.

This charge is really standard in Thai for long time stays,

Other than that, your post is spot on.