Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Charging by the hour for drinks

It's my understanding that a new trend is starting in some of the AC bars.

Drinks sold by the hour. :bigsmile:

Now I don't know Angeles City, although I will be making my first trip there this year. However, I have read on a couple of forum sites that bars in the Barretto area ( Xanadoo for one) are using a 100 Peso per hour drink policy.

The 100 pesos per hour is hard to relate how it could or would work in Thailand.

100 pesos = 2.458 USD = 78.6 baht per hour ???

However, in AC a bottle of beer "San Miguel Lite" cost 18 pesos, So about six beers per hour. At that rate it would be something like 330 bath per hour in Patts?

Anyway, they are saying customers like it because theres no pressure to buy, no one always checking your bottle, and it seems that part of the hourly rate goes to lowering prices on lady drinks. Which means guys stay around longer, buy more ladydrinks.

What do you think, would something like this work in Patts.

It's my understanding that a new trend is starting in some of the AC bars.

Drinks sold by the hour.

Now I don't know Angeles City, although I will be making my first trip there this year. However, I have read on a couple of forum sites that bars in the Barretto area ( Xanadoo for one) are using a 100 Peso per hour drink policy.

The 100 pesos per hour is hard to relate how it could or would work in Thailand.

100 pesos = 2.458 USD = 78.6 baht per hour ???

However, in AC a bottle of beer "San Miguel Lite" cost 18 pesos, So about six beers per hour. At that rate it would be something like 330 bath per hour in Patts?

Anyway, they are saying customers like it because theres no pressure to buy, no one always checking your bottle, and it seems that part of the hourly rate goes to lowering prices on lady drinks. Which means guys stay around longer, buy more ladydrinks.

What do you think, would something like this work in Patts.

Its my understanding that the Bars in AC have a BIG problem - They charge not only a "Bar Fine", but the fee for the girls, inclusive. That makes them pimps, plain and simple. With the recent crackdown, they are scrambling to get around this problem, and the above is probably one of the ways that they are trying. i have heard that they will charge you 10 "Lady drinks" to take out the girl - A crude approach to the Pattaya Bar fine.

However, in AC a bottle of beer "San Miguel Lite" cost 18 pesos,

Not in any of the bars I've been to. Try 90 - 150 pesos for one bottle and you'd be about right, unless you buy if for a girl in which case 250 pesos for one bottle would be nearer the mark.

Either you sell that draft shit which is the cheapest to buy or you have to charge too much to allow people to drink proper bottled beer or spirits.

Would you pay Bt200 per hour for draft ?

Would you pay Bt350-400 per hour for Heineken ?

Other problem is that in Pattaya you have places selling beer much cheaper than others. So perhaps some of the more expensive bars could do it but then their "average" price may still be higher than the cheapest place.

No, I drink maybe two Heineken an hour, so that price would be a little step for me.

And I didn't know about the all inclusive "bar fine and fee" situation there either. If the prices are set and collected by the house, and the girls are not free to negotiate their own deal, than that sinks.

Its my understanding that the Bars in AC have a BIG problem - They charge not only a "Bar Fine", but the fee for the girls, inclusive. That makes them pimps, plain and simple. With the recent crackdown, they are scrambling to get around this problem, and the above is probably one of the ways that they are trying. i have heard that they will charge you 10 "Lady drinks" to take out the girl - A crude approach to the Pattaya Bar fine.

I am sure glad I am meeting a lady not in the bar scene there in March. No bar fines mandatory and anything else is gravy!

I think the best approach is the "it is what it is" approach like in Pattaya. What if the customer says it is 10 drinks and the bar says it is only 8?

A one fee approach seems best. I am not sure I want to take a lady home after 10 drinks. hehe

Can anyone say dead fish?

A one fee approach seems best. I am not sure I want to take a lady home after 10 drinks. hehe

It is my understanding that the 10 drink is just a way to pay the EWR without charging it - it is highly unlikely that they would actually drink them.

I think that the "Set Fee" for girls sucks. I like the Pattaya way where you pay the bar to let her off early and you negotiate directly with her for services - Stunner's want more and dogs settle for a LOT less.

Not in any of the bars I've been to. Try 90 - 150 pesos for one bottle and you'd be about right, unless you buy if for a girl in which case 250 pesos for one bottle would be nearer the mark.

18 pesos is the owners wholesale price! :thumbup :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

It is my understanding that the 10 drink is just a way to pay the EWR without charging it - it is highly unlikely that they would actually drink them.

I think that the "Set Fee" for girls sucks. I like the Pattaya way where you pay the bar to let her off early and you negotiate directly with her for services - Stunner's want more and dogs settle for a LOT less.

I apologize, that is what I meant.