Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

airline versus agent price

With fuel prices still rising and high fares in December i thought i would enter into the spirit of things and do a little panic buying

flight from Manchester to BKK with Ethiad 11/12 - 27/12

Southall travel £608

E-Bookers £608

Opodo £613

i went in Ethiad site and the same flight was £1005.40

how can there be such a difference between an agent and the actual airline?

the only problem with that flight is its reserved at the moment and i dont have an e-ticket, so it could be subject to change

Note: PRICES ARE NOT GUARANTEED UNTIL TICKETS HAVE BEEN ISSUED

Put your dates into airline-network and the price came up as £616

maybe they will give you an e-ticket?

why not just fly business class and have all that leg room and luxury people seem to love... its a bargain..£1940 !!!!!!!!

Seems like you are flying on the cheapest days, good luck on getting it sorted out.

Put your dates into airline-network and the price came up as £616

maybe they will give you an e-ticket?

It's a condition of their ATOL membership in the UK that the tickets are issued within 24 hours of payment being received unless the flight is part of a package.

I think that there is a lot of price volatility right now - the Europe/SEA routes typically see low capacity utilization at this time of year, whilst on the other hand the airlines are being killed by gas prices

two key things to remember

1. Airlines actively manage their pricing according to demand, so its worth checking the websites every day

2. It is way cheaper to buy round trip tickets strting from LOS; I went BKK-LHR-BKK for THB 22k two weeks ago

I think that there is a lot of price volatility right now - the Europe/SEA routes typically see low capacity utilization at this time of year, whilst on the other hand the airlines are being killed by gas prices

two key things to remember

1. Airlines actively manage their pricing according to demand, so its worth checking the websites every day

2. It is way cheaper to buy round trip tickets strting from LOS; I went BKK-LHR-BKK for THB 22k two weeks ago

22k is good. Which airline?

Slightly off topic.but! I normally buy my ticket about 3 months before I fly. However what with the current situation, I think Ill book now, to fly in January 2009. Ive been looking at fares for Eva, the cheapest Ive found is 530 with eva, through 2 companies and also on the Evas website, so I guess Ill book tomorrow (through Evas own website!).

As for the cheapest fare Ive found for January is with Kuwait airlines, I thik it was about 70 quid cheaper than with Eva, but what with changing planes at Kuwait, it takes an extra 6 or more hours each way!.

Edited by marleyboy
how can there be such a difference between an agent and the actual airline?

I think agents "buy" so many seats from an airline for flights and guarantee to

sell them and therefore get a large discount on prices.

I looked around for my flights for Xmas in February of this year(booked in march 2008)

and looked at Thai's own site and for a first class trip from london on 19th December and

return 3rd January 2009, Thai wanted £6580 pounds and http://westeasttravel.com were

selling the same flight at the same time for £3124 pounds, a large difference.