Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

As we get into November ,will be better weather ,sometimes rain for short times in evenings.

I love the weather in Nov ,Dec,Jan,Feb as sunny days and a little cooler. :banana

In Khon Kaen we have had little rain in the last 7 days ,but still very hot

This level of rain in Pattaya is definitely unusual. This is my 11th rainy season here and this year it has been much much wetter than any previous year. A couple of years back Pattaya was suffering from an acute water shortage when all the reservoirs dried up for lack of rain. No chance of that this year.

Rainy season finishes at the end of October and usually that would mean virtually no rain again till next June. This year though is anyone’s guess.

It's only water.

So buy an umbrella.

And quit being a pussy. Sheesh, grown men complaining about water.

Little Roy :ang2

Today is a lot better (so far) but yesterday was my first full day here and was not nice. I can cope with the rain but when it is totally overcast, dark and miserable as well I find it depressing. I can understand why people have moaned about it.

It's only water.

So buy an umbrella.

Little Roy :D

After a 15-20 rain,I like to watch 2nd Rd turn into 2nd Lake.Drainage is an afterthough here.

After a couple of dry days the rain is back.. but it is just an afternoon thing. It doesn't seem to stop these idiots walking about town shirtless.

Always fun when Pattaya Klang turns into Pattaya Klong.

My schedule is such that I get home about 4am, sleep at 7am, wake at 3pm, and go out about 8pm. I've seldom seen this rain everyone talks about. In Pattaya, if you're a vampire or a night person, you won't notice any rain, since it seems to occur mostly during the daylight hours.

Yesterday 8th November the rain started about 12.00 and it really hammered down for about 2 hours but eased to just moderate rain untill about 6.00 in the evening. Pattaya seemed more like back home in England than the tropics. Today seems rather cool with many Thais walking about in sweaters.

I think the weather is on the turn. We had a breezy day or two and the evenings seem cooler. Normally indicates the start of the cold season, as Thais call it, great weather for European farangs and a time when my electric bills are less.

Apparently it is quite cool up north now, 17 deg daytime in Chiangrai.

Edited by jacko
It's only water.

So buy an umbrella.

Little Roy <grin

Obviously you don't rely on TOT for internet/phone service.

Today really seems like the weather has changed to the cool, dry season. Humidity is low, there's a cool breeze from the north, and the maximum temperature today was 29°C, plus it was very hazy. It feels completely different. The water in the condo swimming pool has also plunged several degrees overnight. There will still be occasional showers but, just in time for Loy Krathong, the Thai winter seems to have arrived.

Good points: no need for aircon to sleep.

Bad points: most of the girls will soon have colds, and will end up passing them on to us.

Agreed, this morning I went back into my bedroom where the AC has been on all night, when I came back into the lounge, where all the windows are open, it is the much cooler place. I went to get a T-shirt. Brrrr must be down to 22 degC :D...