Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

THAI AIRWAYS now offers continued Non-Stop service between LAX and BKK

They have changed their mind again. It was supposed to be 1-stop via KIX from 29MAR09.

http://www.thaiairwaysusa.com/EN/News/News...tion.aspx?Id=34

THAI AIRWAYS now offers continued Non-Stop service between Los Angeles (LAX) and Bangkok (BKK) and beyond 4 days per week, flying TUE/THU/FRI/SUN.

TG795 / TG794 operates using A340-500 aircraft configured for 60 seats in Royal SIlk Business Class, 42 seats in Premium Economy Class, and 113 seats in Economy Class on the following schedule:

FLT NBR.........A/C......OPERATING.DAYS..............DEPART......................................ARRIVE...............

From 19JAN2009 to 07MAR2009..........

TG795..........A345..........2 / 4 / 5 / 7.............Los Angeles (LAX) 2130.............Bangkok (BKK) 0630+2

TG794..........A345..........2 / 4 / 5 / 7................Bangkok (BKK) 1930..............Los Angeles (LAX) 1920

From 08MAR2009 to 28MAR2009..........

TG795..........A345..........2 / 4 / 5 / 7.............Los Angeles (LAX) 2130.............Bangkok (BKK) 0530+2

TG794..........A345..........2 / 4 / 5 / 7................Bangkok (BKK) 1830..............Los Angeles (LAX) 1920

From 29MAR2009

TG795..........A345..........2 / 4 / 5 / 7.............Los Angeles (LAX) 2310.............Bangkok (BKK) 0640+2

TG794..........A345..........2 / 4 / 5 / 7................Bangkok (BKK) 1920..............Los Angeles (LAX) 2125

For further information on THAI's flights and reservations, please call our USA Reservations Department at toll-free 800-426-5204 or 310-640-0097 ext 730. You may also visit us on the web at www.thaiair.com for additional and updated infomation.

That may mean the A340-600 will stay on the LHR route on the summer schedule.

I wish you were right, but I doubt so. According to expertflyer.com TG 910/911 will operate an A340-600 until 28/03/2009. From 29th onwards it is back to the good, old 747-400.

Anyway, recently Thai Airways has changed equipment more often than most of us change ladies in Pattis....so who knows??

Can always hope...

I wish you were right, but I doubt so. According to expertflyer.com TG 910/911 will operate an A340-600 until 28/03/2009. From 29th onwards it is back to the good, old 747-400.

That's assuming they're still flying on 29/3.

I think the operative word is yet.

Transport Minister: THAI not broke yet

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 19/01/2009 at 10:40 AM

Transport Minister Sopon Zarum on Monday brushed off the news about Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI)'s lack of liquidity and its decision to borrow 70 billion baht to increase the liquidity and pay for its airplanes.

According to Mr Sopon, the company is asking its supplier to postpone the payment and delay the aircraft delivery schedule. He said the result of the negotiation would be forwarded to the cabinet for consideration.

However, the minister admitted that THAI will need a strong injection to boost itself.

Previously, there were rumours that the company was planning to borrow 55 billion baht to strengthen its liquidity position.

The hours really suck. The flights arrive at LAX at the end of the day when its impossible continue on to the rest of the US on the same day.
I guess they have uses for the aircraft all day. Arrival in LOS isn't bad.....
  • 2 weeks later...

If Thai air sticks with the direct BKK to LAX then the redeye to the eastern part of US is okay. I landed and got thru customs and had about 2hrs or so to wait for the 1230 to Houston, then two more hours to wait in Houston for my flight further East. I thought the connections were ok.

Anyway, recently Thai Airways has changed equipment more often than most of us change ladies in Pattis....so who knows??

Can always hope...

I didn't think a 747 could fly that far without stopping?

J

I didn't think a 747 could fly that far without stopping? J

Correct, which means when the 747 goes on line, the non-stop flights are history (until the next time Thai Air changes their mind and switches to the 777-200LR :) ).

(edit in: The above is in reference to the non-stop flights between LAX and BKK)

Edited by Scalawag
That's assuming they're still flying on 29/3.

I think the operative word is yet. :bigsmile:

Transport Minister: THAI not broke yet

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 19/01/2009 at 10:40 AM

Transport Minister Sopon Zarum on Monday brushed off the news about Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI)'s lack of liquidity and its decision to borrow 70 billion baht to increase the liquidity and pay for its airplanes.

According to Mr Sopon, the company is asking its supplier to postpone the payment and delay the aircraft delivery schedule. He said the result of the negotiation would be forwarded to the cabinet for consideration.

However, the minister admitted that THAI will need a strong injection to boost itself.

Previously, there were rumours that the company was planning to borrow 55 billion baht to strengthen its liquidity position.

The gov't will continue to prop up the "national" airline.It's a image thing for them.Like Frank Zappa said,

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline-it helps if you have some kind of football team,or some nuclear weapons,but at the very least you need a beer".

That may mean the A340-600 will stay on the LHR route on the summer schedule.

Can always hope...

Seems like you got it right CheshireTom!

TG has updated its long-haul schedule for Summer 2009. TG 910/911 will be on a A340-600. But as always with Thai, they can always make last-minute changes....

Edited by natureofnorway

I hope it works for Thai.

I am an LA resident who loves the non-stop option.

When I stop burning my NW FF miles, and return to paying for flights - this is my flight of choice (assuming the fare is reasonable).

Zeus