Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Great American Rib Company, Jomtiem

I had an early dinner today at the Great American Rib Company in Jomtiem. There located on Thaprasit Road, I ordered ribs, pulled pork with corn, potato salad and cole slaw. Meal was served quickly and the pulled pork was excellent. Ribs were not over cooked and very tasty. I recommend them highly. They open at 11:30AM.

thats it dusa, you done me up, im stuck for words, you eatin at my favoriye rib place and it aint cheap either, so your not the cheap charlie we thought you were or were you jus celebrateing because you won your challenge, any how the ribs are great there and its a nice place to eat day time or night time

Agreed, I have eaten here and would go along with the above recommendation.

Prices anyone?I walk past it every day from View Talay to Tesco/Locust.

Your wish is my command...

Menu

Thx.Are the D2D prices the same as the dine in menu & are more items offered on the dine in menu?
Although I haven't sat comparing the two, I think they are indicative, and the D2D menu seems similar to wehat I recall. Anyhow it gives you an idea and since I couldn't find anything else......

I compared both and the D2D menu prices are higher. I ate there again last night and the food was excellent.

I believe the restuarant owner was the old owner of Blues Factory many moons ago.

That's correct, Greg Carroll was one of the founding partners of 'The Blues Factory'

An accomplished singer / blues harpist / entertainer, he has performed worldwide with many established names.

Having moved to Hua Hin for about a year, he is back in Pattaya and currently in partnership with Tony on a project at 'Tony's Food Court' "T&G's American Kitchen" is now open and serving great food along the lines of Great American Rib.

He is also fronting Tony's New All-Star show band.

Check out the food, and the show.

I believe the restuarant owner was the old owner of Blues Factory many moons ago.

That's correct, Greg Carroll was one of the founding partners of 'The Blues Factory'

An accomplished singer / blues harpist / entertainer, he has performed worldwide with many established names.

Having moved to Hua Hin for about a year, he is back in Pattaya and currently in partnership with Tony on a project at 'Tony's Food Court' "T&G's American Kitchen" is now open and serving great food along the lines of Great American Rib.

He is also fronting Tony's New All-Star show band.

Check out the food, and the show.

He was indeed the music director and part of the original bar when it opened. never an owning partner though i'm afraid. :D

Although I haven't sat comparing the two, I think they are indicative, and the D2D menu seems similar to wehat I recall. Anyhow it gives you an idea and since I couldn't find anything else......

Thanks.

I compared both and the D2D menu prices are higher. I ate there again last night and the food was excellent.

And thanks.

• 4 months later...

Couple of weeks ago, I compared the Great American Rib Companies offering to Tequila Reef's I thought the American Rib was head and shoulders above the Reef. The ribs at the Reef was overcooked and dry.

• 1 month later...

There seems to be a question if Bob's BBQ has shut down? I've never eaten there but I thought I'd bring the Great American Rib Company up to the top of the pile if someone is interested in great tasting BBQ down Jomtiem way. During my last few trips I make a point of going there at least twice during my stay in Pattaya. Well worth the trip. :devil

There seems to be a question if Bob's BBQ has shut down? I've never eaten there but I thought I'd bring the Great American Rib Company up to the top of the pile if someone is interested in great tasting BBQ down Jomtiem way. During my last few trips I make a point of going there at least twice during my stay in Pattaya. Well worth the trip. :devil

he ain't telling lies this time......honest

he ain't telling lies this time......honest

Now your just being silly.

I haven't eaten there since just after it opened. It was excellent then; glad to know the quality hasn't slipped.

Greg is a friend and an excellent harp player. After opening the GARCo here he did indeed move to Hua Hin (to open a GARCo there) for a spell. Can't imagine he's doing all that well in the Tony's food court as it seems to be deserted whenever I pass. Good luck to him though.

Bruce,

I like the food so much, I plan on having a couple of meals there when I'm in pattaya next month.

I haven't eaten there since just after it opened. It was excellent then; glad to know the quality hasn't slipped.

Greg is a friend and an excellent harp player. After opening the GARCo here he did indeed move to Hua Hin (to open a GARCo there) for a spell. Can't imagine he's doing all that well in the Tony's food court as it seems to be deserted whenever I pass. Good luck to him though.

T & G kitchen has moved from the food court, into Tony's new "Cool Spot'

Brand new club, ( just in the entrance to the Entertainment complex on Walking street. ) Where Greg now plays.

There seems to be a question if Bob's BBQ has shut down? I've never eaten there but I thought I'd bring the Great American Rib Company up to the top of the pile if someone is interested in great tasting BBQ down Jomtiem way. During my last few trips I make a point of going there at least twice during my stay in Pattaya. Well worth the trip. :banghead
I was there a few weeks back. Ribs and food were pretty good but the noise from the market and what they charge for a beer spoiled the experience for me.
I like the food so much, I plan on having a couple of meals there when I'm in pattaya next month.
I remember it as having great food. Might have to try it again myself. :D

T & G kitchen has moved from the food court, into Tony's new "Cool Spot' Brand new club, ( just in the entrance to the Entertainment complex on Walking street. ) Where Greg now plays.
Unfortunately, that'll pretty much guarantee that I never try it. :D

TGAR Co just opened in Pattaya??? Are you guys sure about that???
Who said that? AFAIK it opened something like 3 years ago.
Who said that? AFAIK it opened something like 3 years ago.

Bruce,

I mis-read something in the following quote that I interpreted as the poster saying it was a new place under less than a year. It's the whole just coming back from Hua Hin thing where my comprehension went off the rails. Sorry about that. My comment was questioning the poster on time (I'd been there several times and over a period longer than within the last year.)

THE GARCo, used to have adverts on the baht buses about the buffet dinner they had on offer there. Is this the right place I'm thinking of, and if so, has anyone tried it and gotten a price?

I'd be interested in anything that had the words American food, and all-u-can-eat in the same sentence lol.