Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

am returning to pattaya in november for 21 nights flight already booked - looking to book apartment in lk metro area obviously without a pool and was wondering if anybody has used the swimming pool on top of mike's shopping mall recently (if it's still open?) and can give me any info on cost, cleanliness etc - planning to visit pattaya park but only once

also any pools at hotels that they allow non-residents to use for a fee? areca lodge?

any advice welcome guys

cheers

al :allright

I was at Mike's in April and it was going strong. Reasonable price. I think it was 80 baht for the whole day. I could be wrong. Looked clean. A fair crowd, but not too crowded.

Some hotels without pools have an arrangement with one that does. One is on or near LK Metro, but I don't know the name.

Try this place:

Mind resort

I've been a few times.

120 Bth for the day. Includes towel, gym, sauna, steam-bath, Jacuzzi.

The food there is reasonably priced and fairly good, both Thai and farang.

Just pay attention when you pay your bill, both the wenches running the bistro tried to add a little extra to the bill. They will ever get a tip from me again.

C.

Areca Lodge pool use is 200 Baht.

Just confirmed this with reception as I am here right now !

I always thought that was the case , have stayed at Areca before, in september last year stayed at Pasadena and went to Arecas reception and asked if we could use the pool for for a fee and was told " no, for guest's only"

to the op, The pool on top of mikes is ok, its clean, however can get crowded on weekends , I can't remember the exact price but its under 100 baht, only problem by the time you walk back to your hotel from Mikes your all hot and sweaty again.

If a pool is important this time of year you can get plenty of good hotels that include a pool for under 1000baht a night

For christs sake just book the Flipper lodge with the best rooftop pool in Pattaya-why the fuck anyone would book rooms in LK metro and suchlike is beyond me.

You guys spend more in motos and taxis from that area then it would cost you to spend in a proper hotel right on the baht bus route ??

It's a great pool. Bring your own towel though.

post-19773-1277779515.jpg

Great view as well.

post-19773-1277779576.jpg

thanks lantern

the pool looks good on the photos but hope the weather is better when i'm there :D

never been a big fan of mike's shopping mall as a shopping centre but at 80 baht i'll be giving the pool a go

cheers

Areca Lodge pool use is 200 Baht.

Just confirmed this with reception as I am here right now !

thanks, i stayed at areca lodge a few years ago and thought you could use the pool as a guest but didn't know the charge and if they still did it, will certainly give it a go when i fancy abit of sunbathing and a few lengths of the pool :D

cheers

For christs sake just book the Flipper lodge with the best rooftop pool in Pattaya-why the fuck anyone would book rooms in LK metro and suchlike is beyond me.

You guys spend more in motos and taxis from that area then it would cost you to spend in a proper hotel right on the baht bus route ??

superior room in flipper lodge quoted at 1400 or 1600 dependent on view, i can get a better room for 850 baht in lk metro, only thing missing is the pool, but we all pay the money and make the choice chivas :rolleyes: .

as for motors and taxis never use 'em shanks pony is cheaper, lk metro walk 50 metres get a baht bus on soi bukhaow south to walking street area or 2nd road outside kiss foods and a 2 min walk on return journey or heading north.

i can then spend more money on beer :D and girls :D , but i'm still a cheap charlie at heart cos i'm from yorkshire :allright .

cheers

al :D

superior room in flipper lodge quoted at 1400 or 1600 dependent on view, i can get a better room for 850 baht in lk metro, only thing missing is the pool, but we all pay the money and make the choice chivas ;) .

as for motors and taxis never use 'em shanks pony is cheaper, lk metro walk 50 metres get a baht bus on soi bukhaow south to walking street area or 2nd road outside kiss foods and a 2 min walk on return journey or heading north.

i can then spend more money on beer 2guns and girls 2guns , but i'm still a cheap charlie at heart cos i'm from yorkshire :sosad .

cheers

al 2guns

The Lodge is 880 baht per night !!! Check it out yourself.

Unless you walk in looking a slob with your tail hanging out and an attitude.

Edited by Chivas
The Lodge is 880 baht per night !!! Check it out yourself.

Unless you walk in looking a slob with your tail hanging out and an attitude.

been on their website and sent 'em an email saying I'm staying 21 nights in november, promotions end 30th sept and best rates they quoted me were 1200 for standard room and 1400/1600 for superior room, maybe you get special repeat rates as previous customer.

if they'd quoted me 880 baht i'd have booked, but they didn't and i booked elsewhere paying 850 baht for better room but no pool hence the post :D

al :D

• 2 weeks later...

The LK mansion hotel is right next to the roof top pool. Its 850 a night, room is quite small.. mainly only a bed, but newer items, and modern decoration. My room was dirty though.. mainly the walls had scuff marks from dirty hands... The bathroom is quite nice and spacious however. But the room size must be 20 or 22 meters squared, so long term livability is hard to maintain there. The pool across the street is fun, and not busy.

The LK mansion hotel is right next to the roof top pool. Its 850 a night, room is quite small.. mainly only a bed, but newer items, and modern decoration. My room was dirty though.. mainly the walls had scuff marks from dirty hands... The bathroom is quite nice and spacious however. But the room size must be 20 or 22 meters squared, so long term livability is hard to maintain there. The pool across the street is fun, and not busy.

thanks dude

just been on their website which looks quite impressive and gives the impression the roof top pool is part of the same building

better still room rates are now 800 baht and weekly rate seems to work out at 643 baht per night??? but you have to pay in full at booking on credit card?

have already booked now for my stay but will pop in to the lk mansion and try and have a look at the rooms and facilities when i'm there in november

cheers

al :clueless

• 5 years later...