Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premiership 2010-11

Winners?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Arsenal the victims of Lodge refs again. Song had 2 yellow cards and neither was one IMO.

Oh come on, you dont believe that crap do you?

The Arse are no more picked on by refs or get bad decisions than other teams

Wenger needs to stop moaning and go to "Specsavers" :thumbup

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I right in thinking that if Man City win their next game and go 3rd, then Arsenal will have to qualify for the champs league through play offs?   And who is the new American shareholder? Is he l

Is that because they speaka de language of Brazil ?

Hi,

I'll post on this later in the week. Berbatov put on a classic show for Man Utd yesterday. Carragher has been a great servant and has a future as a coach but is it time for him to retire? Tevez drives Man City into the Champions League places and City v Chelsea seems a great tussle next week. Looking forward to that.

Everton are going to have to pick themselves up, after we knock them out of the cup next Tuesday week. Oo - R - Ya ?

:whistling: :thumbup :clap2

It was Hollywood stuff, even Vic would have liked it.

Goal down in 5minutes, equalisere just before half time- missed penalty- extra time- Jermain Beckford has a penalty saved and their next one hits the post- pitch invasion......

Just four of their players cost more than our stadium, team and snack bar, put together. Fans actually sponser players kit at Brentford. Oh and we own the club too. As it says on our programme - Real fans- Real Football.

I think Moyes has lost the dressing room.

:thumbup :clap2 :clap2

It was Hollywood stuff, even Vic would have liked it.

. As it says on our programme - Real fans- Real Football.

I think Moyes has lost the dressing room.

Hi,

Well done Brentford. :chogdee That will get back the scousers for robbing our ciggie machines. :chogdee

The Arse are no more picked on by refs or get bad decisions than other teams

Wenger needs to stop moaning and go to "Specsavers" :banghead

Hi,

I’ve spent a little time to write this so I hope you reflect on it and ask yourself a few questions.

The Premiership is a massively successful venture which is all about money rather than football. Sky have managed to seduce a more affluent market into football supporting. They may not have the love or knowledge of the game as the working class but they have more money.

Manchester United are the flagship club for the Premiership. They drive subscriptions in UK and Worldwide. As such they must not fail. They were relegated to the old 2nd division shortly after winning their first European Cup. That was bad for English football and must not be allowed to happen again. That will not have gone unnoticed by any young, smart, ambitious referee. They know that if they please their paymasters it will quicken their progress up the ladder. No ref ever got the sack for giving them a dodgy penalty for instance.

The FA deserve some respect as the oldest FA in the World but they have abdicated responsibility to the money men. Some of these have very dodgy connections and histories. Wembley Stadium cost much more than budgeted and was late. Arsenal built the Emirates on time and under budget. That showed the FA up.

When I talk about Lodge refs and managers I mean people who tend to back each other up and criticize anyone who criticizes any of their number, be it a manager or a referee. Journalists are also in this group. They refuse to write anything too bad about some appalling behaviour and performances. They get much more money now the game has become middle-class and they don’t want to upset the applecart either. See what happened the BBC when they ran a programme about Alex Ferguson’s son ? I think much more interesting things would have come out in that instance only Fergie suddenly decided he didn’t own Rock of Gibraltar after all. The Murphia are not to be messed with.

Howard Webb is an excellent referee, when he is so inclined, as he proved in the Champions League Final. However, we saw another side of him at the World Cup! He allowed the Swiss to kick Spain off the park and repeated the dose in the final. I’m sure the Spanish FA tried to prevent him getting the final but the FA are a powerful force in football politics and they were unable to stop him.

I was amazed how little criticism there was of him on the BBC and Talksport radio. I only read one article in a free magazine called Sport (tony.hodson@sport-magazine.co.uk) which called into question his appalling performance. It was like all these writers and broadcasters had agreed that the guy is English, and in the Lodge with us, so lets overlook his desperate game. I think it would have been different if England were on the end of such thuggery.

It took an outsider to expose MP’s corruption, a woman from US, and it will take somebody from outside the gravy train to expose all the dodgy goings on in the Premiership. Managers, Agents, Referees it’s all there. Wenger knows this which is why he gets upset about it. He is not in the Lodge so gets little support for his views in the media. That’s the way it is.

Edited by wacmedia
Hi,

I’ve spent a little time to write this so I hope you reflect on it and ask yourself a few questions.

Where was that a quote from? The beano :rotflmao Fergie gets pelters all the time on Talksport.

Paranoia. You always get it from tha also rans.

Hi,

Hi

You may well believe what you say, but I am afraid that I dont.

Wenger will always see what he wants to see, and moan about what he does not like. He may not be the only manager to do this

but please dont try to convince anyone that he or his team are victimised, they are not, and he is at times a blatant

hypocrite.

Edited by dodger2005
Hi,

Good comeback by Everton. Chelsea look very solid with Essien back to his best. Arsenal play well despite losing an in form Walcott to injury. Good weekend of competitive games for the Premiership. Villa start out with a new manager against Stoke.

I heard feedback of when Aston Villa played at Newcastle, they were completely stuffed 6-0 there.

Someone working in a Newcastle area hotel saw the team getting completely shitfaced the Saturday night early Sunday before the early (12.30) match.

I think that was when they lost their manager and obviously the team was like a gang of schoolkids with the teacher out of the classroom.

Very unprofessional.... little kids with big bank accounts.

Very unprofessional.... little kids with big bank accounts.

Hi,

Very disappointing news for their fans. I laugh when ex-players and managers say things like "lovely guy" "model pro" etc when some thuggish guy has broken another players leg. :D The truth is that most the best players come from the back streets of the World and most of their schoolmates are drug dealers or criminals of some sort(or dead in a shooting). Still great players, though flawed people.

Hi,

Very disappointing news for their fans. I laugh when ex-players and managers say things like "lovely guy" "model pro" etc when some thuggish guy has broken another players leg. :D The truth is that most the best players come from the back streets of the World and most of their schoolmates are drug dealers or criminals of some sort(or dead in a shooting). Still great players, though flawed people.

A couple of surprises last night..... European efforts draining the stamina of the teams?

Chelsea lose, Arsenal beaten at home by lowly WBA, Liverpool held to a draw by Sunderland.

Edited by jacko
A couple of surprises last night..... European efforts draining the stamina of the teams?

Chelsea lose, Arsenal beaten at home by lowly WBA, Liverpool held to a draw by Sunderland.

If the England W.C efforts are a guide to Premiership football, something is wrong with it, or the players.

Evertons recent visit to Griffin Park, left me with the impresion that their players were not really up for it. Perhaps it was post WC fatigue for them too ? Some attractive football, but not outstanding. As mentioned before, the Gaffer has possibly 'lost the dressing room'.

Wayne Rooney's efforts of shooting inside the box, in the bedroom, were not matched on the field in SA. He is being 'rested' a bit.

Evertons recent visit to Griffin Park, left me with the impresion that their players were not really up for it. Perhaps it was post WC fatigue for them too ? .

Hi,

I think Arsenal were still celebrating their win over Spurs. West Brom look a team that will stay up this time with Di Matteo in charge. Tevez is looking a steal and a mistake by Fergie. :whistling:

Hi,

I think Arsenal were still celebrating their win over Spurs. West Brom look a team that will stay up this time with Di Matteo in charge. Tevez is looking a steal and a mistake by Fergie. :allright

Fergie making a mistake....... :rolleyes:

Well they went the couple of miles down the M61 to Bolton and this year didn't give them their usual drumming. I watched that and didn't think Bolton looked that good.

Fergie making a mistake....... :whistling:

Well they went the couple of miles down the M61 to Bolton and this year didn't give them their usual drumming. I watched that and didn't think Bolton looked that good.

I'm glad I watched Pattaya instead even though that was 2-2 as well.

He was offered a contract by Man U, but went to city for the money. He could have played in the champions league, but went for dosh.

Hi,

I believe you. :whistling: :whistling:

Hi,

Arsenal perform well but are beaten by the champions. Man City move into 2nd place and raise the hopes of those who have backed them for the Premiership this season. Man Utd seem out of sorts and are lucky to draw at Sunderland. Van der Vaart puts on a great show at Spurs.

Hi,

Arsenal perform well but are beaten by the champions. Man City move into 2nd place and raise the hopes of those who have backed them for the Premiership this season. Man Utd seem out of sorts and are lucky to draw at Sunderland. Van der Vaart puts on a great show at Spurs.

I'm not surprised , people have forgotten about Liverpool already!

At least they haven't got Everton fans gloating at their demise.

I have to say a good word about Birmingham City ( sorry Villa) but they are being very generous with the Cup game against Brentford this month.

Entrance to the match for Brentford Season ticket holders is £3 for seniors/ juniors and £5 for others. £5 for any senior and £10 for others.

I think that is a nice gesture, or they want to humiliate as many Londoners as possible ! :D

Hi,

Well Liverpool seem to have a good owner now in NESV so should be back at the summit soon where they belong.

Hi,

Well Liverpool seem to have a good owner now in NESV so should be back at the summit soon where they belong.

But I for one, am enjoying the moment. :rolleyes:

Hi,

Well done to Danny Murphy for fingering some of the guilty in the "breaking legs" scenario. At least now its not just Arsenal players something might be done about it. :mellow:

Do you get people handing our cards at the entrance to Premiership and other games for Englands next ficture(s) ?

We get them at Griffin Park before England Games, to show special offers. Funny, before the W.Cup, you couldn't get a ticket for Wembley to see them play, now they are offering cheap tickets. A little bit of fan power ? My nephew went last night and was well pissed off. That German Ref' didn't help much either. :hairout

They are in Thailand next June.

Edited by nidnoyham
We get them at Griffin Park before England Games, to show special offers. Funny, before the W.Cup, you couldn't get a ticket for Wembley to see them play, now they are offering cheap tickets. A little bit of fan power ? They are in Thailand next June.

Hi,

I think it's a combination of poor performance and the recession. Some English players seem weighed down by "personal problems".