Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thanks for the 3 mentioned i'll have a look for them!

Hear is ok and i have done plenty of reading believe me but due to work i am on a plane every second week, just looking for something to pass the time. Drug smuggling and crime books are what i have been reading lately just looking for something a bit more fun

Thanks for the 3 mentioned i'll have a look for them!

Hear is ok and i have done plenty of reading believe me but due to work i am on a plane every second week, just looking for something to pass the time. Drug smuggling and crime books are what i have been reading lately just looking for something a bit more fun

Have you tried Roger Hargeaves .......... Mr. Tickle

Its about a right pervert that went around feeling everyone up . From his teacher - the Postman :rolleyes:

Edited by villayouth

Not a real reply but heres my suggestion. A few weeks before you travel start visiting every web site that you can on the areas that you propose to visit. Copy and paste all that you can that interests you and before you travel print this off.

I have been doing this for years because when I visit the area I tend to travel about a bit and I have limited time. I just dont have the time to waste looking for the sights, bars, clubs, restaurants etc when I get there. I also add basic language words to this list as well as costs for airports, visa etc as well as land and air transport schedules.

If you want to add to this have one page with a photo copy of all your credit, medical and bank detail cards and drivers license.

This 'book' is now 100% personalised to you and is as up to date as you can get.

As the title says i am looking for some recommendations for books about thailand, not the usual travel crap more the sex tourist stuff :rolleyes:

Anyone read any good ones?

The always popolour

Money number One

Fool in paradise

The fool is back

are light hearted looks at the Thailand bar scence, there is some good information and quite humorous

My name is Lon: is about a Thai bar Girl who starts work at 14 in the bars and is the story of her life (excellent read)

The road of Lost Innonce : Story of Somaly Mam a girl who was Sold into Sexual slavery in Cambodia (again highly recommended)

I have a heap of others but the above two are the best reads and Money Number One is is a very good light hearted read.

Not on the Thailand but if you have been reading prison books Marching Powder is an excellent book.

As the title says i am looking for some recommendations for books about thailand, not the usual travel crap more the sex tourist stuff :banghead

Anyone read any good ones?

private dancer by steaven leather(think its his name) ausome book evry thai bar go er shoud read it

can evan b downloaded for ya i pad

I read it after my first trip and would also recomend it . I think it might be what your looking for. :chogdee

Thailand Fever - It's written from a Farang perspective on one page and Thai the other and shows some of the misunderstandings.

It's available here quite freely in English or German.

I will also endorse Private Dancer - Written in the 1st 2nd and 3rd Person fantastic read I read it all the way through on a flight from BKK to Mumbai last year couldn't put it down.

and My name is Lon too as been mentioned above. A sad story and shows the route many girls take to the bars.

Hello My Big Big Honey makes interesting reading.

"Hello My Big Big Honey!" is a never before told expose of the love lives of Bangkok's bar girls and the foreigners who rent them -- confessed in their own words.

A collection of love letters from all over the world, to ladies of the night working in bars on Bangkok's famous Patpong Road. Plus revealing, in-depth interviews with the women who receive them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hello-My-Big-Honey/dp/0867194731

private dancer by steaven leather(think its his name) ausome book evry thai bar go er shoud read it

can evan b downloaded for ya i pad

Yeah i read that a while back now great book couldn't put it down.

Thanks for the others mentioned i'll look out for them.

Edited by __CMC__
Yes Private Dancer is also a good book. I read it before my first trip to Thailand in 2005 and it helped me a lot.

If somebody has not read it yet they can download it for free:

http://www.stephenleather.com/unpub.html

"The download doesn’t have the Epilogue that says what happens to all the characters, so hopefully you’ll still want to buy the book after reading the free download!"

If you are in Pattaya I suggest that you head for the Canterbury Tales Cafe. This has a great library and I would think that all the books mentioned here would be available. As they have a buy, read and return service for most books this will give you a chance to read and return for another book at a reduced price.