Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Post your favorite music

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure many people in the Uk are familiar with this………But forgive me, living in Thailand, I wasn't….. Today I entered another youtube wormhole and came across it.   I'm not sure why I filled up

Outdated sad old pensioners,,,good for the nostalgy... I can understand.it ...but not for me....I look better forward.... ( OK.. to be honest... when I was young even then, they were more noise for me

Posted Images

Hi,

I wanted to see Paul Simon and James Taylor at Hyde Park but they were on the same time as the World Cup final.

Hi,

I wanted to see Paul Simon and James Taylor at Hyde Park but they were on the same time as the World Cup final.

I went to see Roger Waters in Hyde Park a few weeks ago. Awesome.

I went to see Roger Waters in Hyde Park a few weeks ago. Awesome.

Hi,

Yeah, great. I remember listening to Pink Floyd in my teens and drinking a bottle of cough mixture, can't remember the name but i felt like I was flying through space. :D

Hi,

Yeah, great. I remember listening to Pink Floyd in my teens and drinking a bottle of cough mixture, can't remember the name but i felt like I was flying through space. :D

First the original version of Astrominy Domine with original lead guitarist Syd Barrett

David Gilmore on lead guitar, live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQhQeDAMU0E

I was fortunate to see Pink Floyd at Winterland, San Francisco for their Echoes tour.

Edited by midlifecrisis

First the original version of Astrominy Domine with original lead guitarist Syd Barrett

I was fortunate to see Pink Floyd at Winterland, San Francisco for their Echoes tour.

Hi,

Nice one. :clap2

Hi,

Nice one. :clap2

Syd Barrett went nuts...Shine On You Crazy Diamond. If I recall it was from too many psychadelics but regardless he was no longer able to function. I would say David Gilmore was pretty good replacement.

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.

You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom,

Blown on the steel breeze.

Come on you target for faraway laughter,

Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!

You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.

Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.

Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,

Rode on the steel breeze.

Come on you raver, you seer of visions,

Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!

Anyway, here is something about Barrett.

Hi,

Have you ever done acid? I did loads of it in my teens and used to listen to Floyd a lot when I was tripping.

Great track. The build up to the crescendo is awesome when it's up really loud. I've got every album they ever made but I'm not old enough to have seen them live. I've seen Roger Waters twice however, once at the 02 in London in 2011 when he performed The Wall and a few weeks ago in Hyde Park when he performed hits from Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Wish You Were Here and Animals. It was one of the best concerts I've been to. The sound system was fucking amazing. He was supported by Richard Ashcroft and Seasick Steve who were also very good.

Edited by Siam Sam

Astronomy Domine was cut 1 on side one of album one of the LP Ummagumma.

Here is cut two also a great buldup to a sudden cresceno and then back down.

Pink Floyd was psychedelic classical music quite often. They weren't alone of course.

From King Crimson sprung Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

Edited by midlifecrisis

Have you ever done acid? I did loads of it in my teens and used to listen to Floyd a lot when I was tripping.

Hi,

In my teens and 20's. Never had a bad experience like Sid. In fact I think it helped make me the visionary and creative person I am today. Wine is my only high now.

Edited by wacmedia

Astronomy Domine was cut 1 on side one of album one of the LP Ummagumma.

Here is cut two also a great buldup to a sudden cresceno and then back down.

Pink Floyd was psychedelic classical music quite often. They weren't alone of course.

From King Crimson sprung Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

ELP and one more from Pink Floyd

All great stuff man. :thumbup

Hi,

In my teens and 20's. Never had a bad experience like Sid. In fact I think it helped make me the visionary and creative person I am today. Wine is my only high now.

In my teens I reckon I took acid about 100 times. I've done mushrooms several times and smoked salvia twice as well. The only bad trip I ever had was in Amsterdam on mushrooms when I was 23 which was fucking horrific and very scary. They say the environment you take them in effects the experience and I was with several people I didn't know then. The experience was compounded by some people thinking it was funny and deliberately trying to mess my head up. It put me off doing psychedelic drugs for years until I took mushrooms at a full moon party the first time I went to Thailand. I did mushrooms again at a full moon party 8 years ago but I haven't done them since and I haven't done acid for over 20 years. I, like you, believe that psychedelic drugs expanded and enhanced my mind and gave me a totally alternative perspective on life. I've been meaning to try DMT and peyote for years but I haven't got round to it yet and I doubt it'll ever happen now because I'm in recovery. I don't know if I'm headstrong enough for that stuff now. :D

While we're on the Floyd trip:

The lunatic is in my head...you lock the door and throw away key.There's someone in my head and it's not me.

Great stuff.

Hi,

I know the feeling, sometimes. :D

• 2 weeks later...