Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

In a recent contact with someone I met on my first trip in 2008, and was living in Pattaya, has recently moved to Bangkok. He listed some personal reasons that he would be closer to things that were essential to him there, but then he said "Pattaya is becoming a sewer of epic proportions and the Russian mob and other eurotrash are making it worse". I know this is completely subjective on his part, but would like to hear viewpoints of the boardmembers here.

In short......THEY BOTH SUCK!

Who wants to live in one of the worlds largest "parking lots" (Bangkok)? ;)

Who wants to live in a town that is only known to the world as a city full of whores, and piss pot foreigners (Pattaya)? B)

I find it very nice living right in between the both of them. :D

Living in Bangkok might be a little more expensive, but all things being equal, I'd live in Bangkok rather than Pattaya. You can always take a trip now and then to the beach. Of course, those aren't the only places to live in Thailand.

I lived in BKK for my 1st year in Thailand and although I found it fascinating, its pollution, traffic and sze counted it out for me, I have lived in Pattaya for 5 years now and its far from a sewer, far cleaner in general than BKK, as for the Russian mod etc that is rubbish.

Sounds like a guy that shouldn't be in Thailand.

Sounds like the type that live here and constantly moan about everything, no doubt the same where ever he lived.

I lived in BKK for my 1st year in Thailand and although I found it fascinating, its pollution, traffic and sze counted it out for me, I have lived in Pattaya for 5 years now and its far from a sewer, far cleaner in general than BKK, as for the Russian mod etc that is rubbish.

Sounds like a guy that shouldn't be in Thailand.

Sounds like the type that live here and constantly moan about everything, no doubt the same where ever he lived.

Agree 100% Dave

Wht the fuck should Russians be a problem in Pattaya for the average holiday maker or expat,i dont even know one Russian.Pattaya is a lovely sewer and Bangkok is a shithole sewer

I'm simply amazed at the massive numbers of white couples and single white girls visiting Pattaya these days. They are undoubtedly from the former Soviet states, and have become a larger demographic than any other group at this time...or at least it seems so. Coming in from Jomtien/Pratumnak each night, I see baht bus after baht bus full of these people.

They shop, they eat, they listen to music, and they go to places that cater nearly exclusively to them.

They are a clean bunch, and they don't seem to be too affected by the "sewer of epic proportions" in Pattaya. In fact, they seem to be quite happy to shop at Central, in the markets, in the food stores.

I'm simply amazed at the rapid transformation of Pattaya from a monger's destination to an eastern bloc shopping and seaside holiday "resort".

The damned place is getting way too spiffy for my taste.

I'm simply amazed at the massive numbers of white couples and single white girls visiting Pattaya these days. They are undoubtedly from the former Soviet states, and have become a larger demographic than any other group at this time...or at least it seems so. Coming in from Jomtien/Pratumnak each night, I see baht bus after baht bus full of these people.

They shop, they eat, they listen to music, and they go to places that cater nearly exclusively to them.

They are a clean bunch, and they don't seem to be too affected by the "sewer of epic proportions" in Pattaya. In fact, they seem to be quite happy to shop at Central, in the markets, in the food stores.

I'm simply amazed at the rapid transformation of Pattaya from a monger's destination to an eastern bloc shopping and seaside holiday "resort".

The damned place is getting way too spiffy for my taste.

There is always Soi 6 to bring you back to reality. :whistling:

Living in Bangkok might be a little more expensive, but all things being equal, I'd live in Bangkok rather than Pattaya. You can always take a trip now and then to the beach. Of course, those aren't the only places to live in Thailand.

I considered living in both BKK and Pattaya ... for all of about 5 minutes - I've never been a 'big city' guy and absolutely hated the time I lived in Hong Kong. Whereas some guys see having a large ex-pat population near at hand a bonus, I'm perfectly happy mixing it with the locals. I don't view the Russians, Chinese, Indians, Japanese or Arabs in either Pattaya or Bangkok as any sort of problem - quite the opposite if anything, and they all contribute to the cosmopolitan feel of both places. That said, when I head north for a visit these days, I tend to head into BKK rather than taking a cab to Pattaya. For me, as a visitor, the Big Mango still offers the variety that Pattaya can't match.

Its been well talked about that Pattaya/Thailand has realized it is missing out on a huge Tourist market in couples and families, thats why the Beach road are is slowly getting cleaned up and such as Central mall to lure such people.

The soi Baukao area is growing all the time and this area will be the future of Pattaya Monger's heaven.

I considered living in both BKK and Pattaya ... for all of about 5 minutes - I've never been a 'big city' guy and absolutely hated the time I lived in Hong Kong. Whereas some guys see having a large ex-pat population near at hand a bonus, I'm perfectly happy mixing it with the locals. I don't view the Russians, Chinese, Indians, Japanese or Arabs in either Pattaya or Bangkok as any sort of problem - quite the opposite if anything, and they all contribute to the cosmopolitan feel of both places. That said, when I head north for a visit these days, I tend to head into BKK rather than taking a cab to Pattaya. For me, as a visitor, the Big Mango still offers the variety that Pattaya can't match.

I've heard of the book the "Big Mango", but never heard of Bkk called that.

In short......THEY BOTH SUCK!

Who wants to live in one of the worlds largest "parking lots" (Bangkok)? :thumbup

Who wants to live in a town that is only known to the world as a city full of whores, and piss pot foreigners (Pattaya)? :ph34r:

g C, Carrfour

I find it very nice living right in between the both of them. :thumbup

Chonburi is a good place for people who like to spend their day walking around in supermarkets and they have ample parking there as well. Big C, Lotus, Carrfour and Makro are all located in close proximity on the main highway. Chonburi's Big C is far superior to the two Big C's in Pattaya. I would not hesitate to move there, if Chonburi had any other attractions. :thumbup

Chonburi is a good place for people who like to spend their day walking around in supermarkets and they have ample parking there as well. Big C, Lotus, Carrfour and Makro are all located in close proximity on the main highway. Chonburi's Big C is far superior to the two Big C's in Pattaya. I would not hesitate to move there, if Chonburi had any other attractions. :rolleyes:

Oh but it does my friend. It absolutely does.

How does a 900 baht 90 minute soapy sound to you?

How about what most would consider one of the top Soapies in all of Thailand?

How about 500 baht short times with freelancers?

How about Thai massage places where you can get full service?

Coyote dancers?

Karokee girls?

Coyote dancers?

Karokee girls?

I must have a better look around then, the next time I visit Chonburi. I like driving on the A7 motorway. Unfortunately, my copilot insists on coming along most of the time. :rolleyes:

Coyote dancers?

Karokee girls?

So u live in an area very similar to Pattaya then,strange world u live in.Anything else to occupy your mind,oops i mean cock

So u live in an area very similar to Pattaya then,strange world u live in.Anything else to occupy your mind,oops i mean cock

In defence of Stinky, Chonburi seemed very dissimilar to Pattaya during my brief visits. I never saw more than a handful of Farangs up there, at times I did not see any. The Thai people there seemed to be more courteous and friendlier than the average Thais or Farangs you meet in Pattaya.

In defence of Stinky, Chonburi seemed very dissimilar to Pattaya during my brief visits. I never saw more than a handful of Farangs up there, at times I did not see any. The Thai people there seemed to be more courteous and friendlier than the average Thais or Farangs you meet in Pattaya.

Yes you are correct. But don't let the secret out, or it will be ruined hahaha!

I know Chonburi,and it was tongue in cheek mate,as Stinky said Pattaya a shithole then proceeded to tell everyone that Chonburi has exactly the same,lol lol

I know Chonburi,and it was tongue in cheek mate,as Stinky said Pattaya a shithole then proceeded to tell everyone that Chonburi has exactly the same,lol lol

It is just not in your face like Pattaya, and not on the same scale. You wont find many dark skinned Essahn girls in the trade here. Thai guys want white skinned girls. I like them that way, so it suits me.

It is just not in your face like Pattaya, and not on the same scale. You wont find many dark skinned Essahn girls in the trade here. Thai guys want white skinned girls. I like them that way, so it suits me.

We'll be bringing some bar crawls up there to ruin it for you :allright

We'll be bringing some bar crawls up there to ruin it for you :banghead

I highly doubt your bar crawlers would be entertained with the establishments here. The locals here might just sort them out as well, when they start showing their ass as they do on other bar crawls. We are civilized mongers up here. :rolleyes:

We are civilized mongers up here. :chogdee
yeah right... lost your telephone lately.
yeah right... lost your telephone lately.

Not lately. But that could be because I use a 500 baht Chinese piece of crap phone now. I do not want to carry the iPhone to work and crack the screen again. That is 10k baht everytime it happens.

My point is, you wont find any places here in Chonburi that will do dance contests here with neked girls and monger with their faces in places that they shouldn't be. The locals are much more civilized in their mongering around here. The closest thing to a dance contest is going to be the coyote dancers on the 1st level of Galaxy Entertainment Complex. They are not naked, and if you touch them in a way they don't like, you will be out on your ass pretty fast.

Not lately. But that could be because I use a 500 baht Chinese piece of crap phone now. I do not want to carry the iPhone to work and crack the screen again. That is 10k baht everytime it happens.

My point is, you wont find any places here in Chonburi that will do dance contests here with neked girls and monger with their faces in places that they shouldn't be. The locals are much more civilized in their mongering around here. The closest thing to a dance contest is going to be the coyote dancers on the 1st level of Galaxy Entertainment Complex. They are not naked, and if you touch them in a way they don't like, you will be out on your ass pretty fast.

Stinko, me boyo, it sounds very high class there!

Can you tell us the name of "one of the top Soapies in all of Thailand" in Chonburi? I'd be interested in checking that out.