Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Cant they leave anything how it is?

KFC is one of my favourite foods Ian, the removal of trans fats is only a good thing for the new up and coming generation, these were removed in the UK in 2007 and i doubt many people noticed.

Fish and chip shops have also started to eradicate this artery clogging fat, we actually will later be thankful, as for the quality KFC is still a best seller

KFC removes trans fats from products sold in KFC stores in the UK and Ireland

Roll out to commence in restaurants from mid-June 2007

KFC today announced plans to remove Trans fats from products sold in KFC stores in the UK and Ireland.

From mid-June, a new, low Trans fat blend of cooking oil will be rolled out across all 713 KFC stores in the UK and Ireland, with the result that all products will contain less than one per cent Trans fat. The new oil is blended predominantly from sunflower oil and rapeseed oil.

Martin Shuker, CEO, KFC UK and Ireland, said: “At KFC, we are committed to serving foods that meet the changing needs of our customers. We have worked hard over the past two years to remove Trans fats without sacrificing the great taste that is the foundation of our brand.”

The move follows KFC’s launch of a successful salt reduction programme. Since 2005, the company no longer salts its fries and has reduced the salt by up to 30% in a variety of products, including buns, popcorn chicken, BBQ beans, tomato ketchup dip pots, the dressing and croutons used in its salads and the butter used on its corn cobettes.

Shuker concluded: “We recognise the importance of a balanced diet and strive to provide our customers with a wide range of menu options – from Original Recipe chicken to salads.”

From NHS

Trans fats are chemically altered vegetable oils. They are produced artificially in a process called hydrogenation which turns liquid oil into solid fat.

Trans fats can be found in thousands of processed foods from sweets and biscuits to ready meals. They are used because they are cheap, add bulk to products, have a neutral flavour and give products a long shelf life. They have no nutritional value.

Are trans fats bad for you?

Trans fats have been linked to high cholesterol, which can lead to health conditions such as heart attacks and strokes.

A study suggests that trans fats can also increase the risk of fertility problems. Researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, USA, say that consuming just 4g of trans fats every day can lead to infertility in women.

Avoiding trans fats

In the UK, there is no specific requirement for the trans fat content of products to be included on food labelling. However, some manufacturers have started to do so voluntarily.

Trans fats can be formed during a process called hydrogenation. Hydrogenated fats must be declared on the label so if a product contains hydrogenated fats, it may contain trans fats. Look out for the words partially hydrogenated on food labels these products may also contain trans fats.

If you want to avoid trans fats you should:

avoid products that list hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated or shortenings on the label,

include lots of fruit and vegetables in your diet,

use fat-free or low-fat dairy products,

avoid fast food, high and full fat margarine and baked goods such as doughnuts, pastries and biscuits,

use lean cuts of meat and poultry and cook them without skin, without adding trans fats,

use liquid vegetable oil for frying, and

ask about trans fat content when eating at a restaurant or café.

Edited by berettakid
As long as my Zinger tastes the same I'll be happy

Never heard it called that before.

Clever trick though...Must be all that low-fat yoga you do (as well as the Kung Fu)!

I'm jealous.

Andy

Edited by capdagde
:whistling: :gulp :banghead :banghead :banghead

Link

Removing trans fats will not affect the taste of the food but will stop thousands of people dying of heart disease. This is an improvement in the quality of the food as far as am I concerned and I think adding trans fats to foods should be completely banned. Adding crap to food to increase shelf life I can live with but after it is shown to be seriously damaging to health still adding it is not on. They have probably changed now before it is made illegal and/or they are sued.

Removing trans fats will not affect the taste of the food but will stop thousands of people dying of heart disease. This is an improvement in the quality of the food as far as am I concerned and I think adding trans fats to foods should be completely banned. Adding crap to food to increase shelf life I can live with but after it is shown to be seriously damaging to health still adding it is not on. They have probably changed now before it is made illegal and/or they are sued.
Every little helps, and we have come some way from frying our fish and chips in beef dripping......

But someone who indulges in frequent KFC will lilkely get their trans-fats elsewhere.

Never heard it called that before.

Clever trick though...Must be all that low-fat yoga you do (as well as the Kung Fu)!

I'm jealous.

Andy

You know it Andy :-)