Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

on top of being one of the most expensive airlines around more strikes are now being threatened, I hope they go bust the the fuckers will have something to moan about. I know I will never use them again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12882499

Well seeing that it is the company,BA, that sets the prices,high or otherwise and it is the workers,unionised, that will be striking i dont know how you blame the company.

My wife and daughter recently flew from Philly to Paris. They thought the service was good and they received a free upgrade both ways.

I'm with them at Easter. Booked with Qantas, found out later that "flight operated by BA". Bugger. :banghead

At least they say they will operate all long-haul flights regardless, they did last time, so here's hoping.

I have like others here travelled many times long haul and short haul I have flown once with ba and that was a last minute thing to accompany my parents to the usa, the price then in 1998 was ok through Trailfinders but I have bever found BA anywhere near competative on any flight since. As for their staff well thats a story on its own! they get the best pay way ahead of any others in their field the best perks and working conditions, they need to be sacked the lot of them and replaced with people who want to, and appreciate work in this day and age. From what I can gather they cannot grab the aspect of either economise or go bust which is what they are going to end up doing to the company. Poor Willie Walsh has not his sorrows to seek!

Apparently BA staff are the best paid in the business

WHY do they want to shut down BA and lose their jobs ???? Beggars believe they are trying again :chogdee :rotflmao :rotflmao

I know for myself and I'm sure for many others will never book BA again

BA used to be the worlds favourite airline and was my choice when I worked in the Middle East Now no more the unions are intent on making them bust WHY :rotflmao

Reminds me of car industry in UK SELF DESTRUCTION

Anyone heard of of Emirates or Etihad staff going on strike NO If you make booking with them you know you can fly

BA which used to be great is now fucked

Tilacno1

BA used to be the worlds favourite airline and was my choice when I worked in the Middle East Now no more the unions are intent on making them bust WHY :D

Tilacno1

Think you will find they were self appointed "Worlds Favourite Airline".

:clueless :D

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and daughter recently flew from Philly to Paris. They thought the service was good and they received a free upgrade both ways.

A free upgrade? Do they OFTEN fly BA? I have a mate who works at thiefrow front desk and he tells me that there upgrade policy Worldwide is almost non existent, unless you have "Connections"? :D Maybe our Henry K, put in a good word!

Edited by stevoman
Cant be worse than Air France.

I dont know what all the fuss is about, most people here couldnt afford to fly with them anyway :D They make most of their money from business travellers, not sex tourists :grin

Just kidding, a little bit

I dont know what all the fuss is about, most people here couldnt afford to fly with them anyway :allright They make most of their money from business travellers, not sex tourists :clueless

Just kidding, a little bit

Bastards they are, YOU KNOW THAT!

Edited by The Gunslinger
Where did you glean this surprising gem from? :chogdee :D :rotflmao

Article from The Times in 2009 says it all :-

The average pay for BA cabin crew is £29,900, according to the UK Civil Aviation Authority. This compares with an average of £20,200 at easyJet and £14,400 at Virgin Atlantic Airlines. At XL Airways UK crew receive an average of £6,900.

But wages among BA’s 13,500 cabin crew are far from uniform. The majority work out of Heathrow, where they earn far more than colleagues at Gatwick. Long-haul staff receive several thousand pounds more than those working short-haul routes.

The wages paid to cabin crew on board a single aircraft also vary wildly. The most senior grade, cabin services directors, earn basic pay of £38,006, which is almost £20,000 higher than the average pay of the main crew.

When allowances for overtime and food are included, the most senior crew earn an average of £56,325 on long-haul flights, which includes £18,319 in allowances. Pursers earn £49,810, including £17,670 in allowances. Main crew earn £34,980, including £16,287 in allowances.

This compares with £27,422 paid to BA crew managers working out of Gatwick, £23,778 to pursers flying from there and £18,323 for main crew.

The company says that cabin crew working on a four-day return flight between Heathrow and Tokyo receive £935 in allowances on top of their salary every time they make the trip. Those on a six-day return trip to Shanghai receive £866 in allowances.

BA’s allowances are jealously guarded by cabin crew but their union does not list them as the main cause of the looming industrial action. Instead the removal of one or two cabin crew members from all flights is seen as the driving force behind the strike.