Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Taxi's during Songkran?

Any reason you didn't quote me as writing that? (Because it was irrelevant nit-picking shite as to whether we can call water chucking in Naklua Songkran when 'I know everything' Joe says it isn't)

Readers can go back and read can't they Joe, as you have said.

What is your problem?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, Naklua will be having their day. Likely to be some affect.

Agreed. What I wrote and Fondles got a little bit right, was that Bangkok, the airport and the highway TO Pattaya will be business as usual, not the Pattaya area. Parts of the Pattaya area will be post-Songkran as normal and busy and maddening as Hades.

Edited by joekicker
Readers can go back and read can't they Joe, as you have said.

They can go back and read what's there. Since there's nothing there in this case, then, no, they can't.

But by all means stamp your little feet in the puddles and splash yourself.

Are you sure you guys are not married? lol

I'm married.

Edited by joekicker

Jaime, this is from Bell Bus Service. If I am reading it correctly you can use them to get to Pattaya, but will have to get another mode of transport to get to the DD.

"Please be informed that on April 19, 2011,

Bell Travel Service in Pattaya will not provide

a pick-up or drop-off service

between Bell Office and hotels in Pattaya

due to Songkran Festival in Pattaya city.

A service between Pattaya and the airport and Bangkok city will remain the same.

Passengers will have to manage your own transportation from Pattaya Bell office to your hotel and from your hotel to Pattaya Bell office.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your kind corporation"

Good Luck Mate!

CB

EDIT: duh this is for the 19th, I just realized you are getting there on the 18th, so hopefully if you do use Bell, they will take you to DD, no matter how long it takes. Sorry Mate

CB

Edited by cannonball83204
Jaime, this is from Bell Bus Service. If I am reading it correctly you can use them to get to Pattaya, but will have to get another mode of transport to get to the DD.

A service between Pattaya and the airport and Bangkok city will remain the same.

Passengers will have to manage your own transportation from Pattaya Bell office to your hotel and from your hotel to Pattaya Bell office.

Good Luck Mate!

CB

EDIT: duh this is for the 19th, I just realized you are getting there on the 18th, so hopefully if you do use Bell, they will take you to DD, no matter how long it takes. Sorry Mate

CB

Thanks Reggie, will sort it out when I get to swampy, thanks to all for all your posts, J. :rolleyes:

Good Luck Mate!

CB

CB

Unless they have two more letters prepared one saying the 17th and the other the 18th :whistling:

Unless they have two more letters prepared one saying the 17th and the other the 18th huh

The 19th is (always scheduled to be) the really big day. It is always thus. I'm a little surprised the biggest transport companies are begging off and not just rerouting and adapting -- but I'd be really gobsmacked if they did it more than once.

By that I mean, the highways into Bangkok the night of the 17th from the north will be really packed and jammed and you'll think stop-and-go is an achievement -- but not only do all the buses run, they put on a lot of extra ones. I'm a little weirded that Bell and others are not even going to try to meet demand.

I obviously don't know Pattaya yet but for locals aren't there local roads off the main highway to use for just this sort of problem, that wouldn't be as efficient during normal times but are clearly better during busy times.

That said thank goodness I didn't elect to arrive the 19th.

Will Soi 6 , Lolitas et al operate on these days? I hope so as they can serve as a refuge and a place for a hummer at the same time which in think is a fabulous notion.

I obviously don't know Pattaya yet but for locals aren't there local roads off the main highway to use for just this sort of problem, that wouldn't be as efficient during normal times but are clearly better during busy times.

That said thank goodness I didn't elect to arrive the 19th.

Will Soi 6 , Lolitas et al operate on these days? I hope so as they can serve as a refuge and a place for a hummer at the same time which in think is a fabulous notion.

The streets in Pattaya for the most part are on a North South, East West grid. The problem is not finding a different East West street that isn't jammed. The problem will be corssing the jammed North South streets. I wouldn't expect that the locals can save much time with alternate routes towards the beach road direction from Sukhumvit Road.

They can go back and read what's there. Since there's nothing there in this case, then, no, they can't.

I am bored today so I shall troll the board and look for months old posts where I can act all arrogant and condescending and smarter than you with a swoosh of sarcasm thrown in. Joe...PBUH.

Fuck Off Joe.

Edited by jacko
Why such hostility so early in the morning Jackie? Are you constipated? Have you had your prunes? :whistling:
I've had me coffee..... bad back mate, bad sleep. :grin-jump
Hit your thumb with a hammer. You will forget all about the bad back. :whistling:
Nah, giving up on do-it-yourself.

I'm arriving the evening of the 16th (Saturday) in BKK around 5pm. What do you think getting to Pattaya (Beach Rd area) will be like that evening. Will there be road closures and major traffic jams or is that only on the 18-20th.

Any advice on the best way to get there would be appreciated.

Bhatman

I'm arriving the evening of the 16th (Saturday) in BKK around 5pm. What do you think getting to Pattaya (Beach Rd area) will be like that evening. Will there be road closures and major traffic jams or is that only on the 18-20th.

You'll be fine on the 16th. It's over in Bangkok, it's not too seriously started in Pattaya. The only problem will be Bangkok people leaving Pattaya to get back home early - but you won't see much of that, if any. I don't think Pattaya will be any worse traffic-wise than any other Saturday night, meaning it will be horrible but moving fairly often.