Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

BLACK CAVIAR Wins Again

Hi,

Ortensia, another Aussie mare, wins the Group 1 Nunthorpe, at York today. The Aussie sprinters are much better than ours.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why Would i Stop To Re-Explain A Post To You That Was Perfectly Self Explanatory In The First Place. Shes Done Enough And 25 A Nice Number What A Load Of Bollox. Moodys Not Stupid He Doesn't Want To

You Turn In To a Nasty Bit Of Work When Someone Disagrees With You. And You Seem To Have Some Toady's [http://thesaurus.com/browse/toady ] Upset The Board Horse Whisperers Have I .. :rotflmao

You left the best of the Lot out Secretariat, his Belmont win was unbelievable.   Your right that well never really know who the best in the world really was but bookmakers and professional punters

Posted Images

Guest Fatboyfat

Frankel certainly the best I've ever seen on the flat... Truly magnificent up at York. At least in modern times we get a bit longer to witness them racing before the top ones are packed off to the "Equine Brothels" ! Mind, the horse is totally unbackable nowadays at any time. Odds only dropped to 1/10 based on the fact she had never raced that far before.

• 1 month later...
Guest Fatboyfat

For those with access to Eurosport (Astro or cable), coverage from Ascot of Frankel's last race begins at 10.00 pm Thai clock on Saturday.

I'm wondering whether Sir Henry will be standing down at the same time; But then again that would be conceding defeat to the affliction.... never a good thing to do.

• 3 months later...

Frankel certainly the best I've ever seen on the flat... Truly magnificent up at York. At least in modern times we get a bit longer to witness them racing before the top ones are packed off to the "Equine Brothels" ! Mind, the horse is totally unbackable nowadays at any time. Odds only dropped to 1/10 based on the fact she had never raced that far before.

I read in the Sydney Morning Herald that undefeated Black Caviar had a trial race and will be coming out of retirement. The owners must think there is a lot more money to be made.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes.....there is a lot of money to be made.....thats why people buy racehorses....in the hope of winning money!

The undefeated champion mare will be shooting for 23 straight wins tomorrow in the Group 1 Black Caviar Lightning Stakes at Flemington.....which is named in her honor and she is aiming for her third straight win in this time honoured race.

BLACK Caviar's trainer Peter Moody last night said Saturday could be his champion mare's swansong.

Moody's statement came as bookmakers tipped big punters to back the superstar despite the tiny odds on offer in her comeback.

TAB opened unbeaten Caviar at $1.05 for the Black Caviar Lightning (1000m) at Flemington -- a return of five cents on the dollar if she wins.

Moody ruled out a return to Royal Ascot in June, but held some hope of the mare racing in Sydney and Brisbane before her retirement.

In any case, with race No.23 looming, he suggested the six-year-old would not get any further than 26 or 27 starts.

"It would be a wonderful tribute to her and her fans to have her grand final on the eastern seaboard," Moody said. "I've been saying for her last four or five starts that it could be her last run, and even Saturday could be her last one."

Edited by Rickster59

TAB opened unbeaten Caviar at $1.05 for the Black Caviar Lightning (1000m) at Flemington -- a return of five cents on the dollar if she wins.

Hi,

Better than the bank...if she wins.

Hi Wacmedia.....She won and paid $1.10.

It was easy and she was not extended yet she broke the course record.

The first horse to ever win 3 Lightning Stakes. She is faster than ever.

A Champion sprinter.

Hi Wacmedia.....She won and paid $1.10.

It was easy and she was not extended yet she broke the course record.

The first horse to ever win 3 Lightning Stakes. She is faster than ever.

A Champion sprinter.

Hi,

Money for nothing.

• 1 month later...

Black Caviar had her 25th start yesterday at Royal Randwick.

She came, she saw....and she conquered Sydney for the second time in her career.

But this victory was sweeter than ever as Black Caviar put a top-quality field of opponents to the sword, winning the $1 million TJ Smith Stakes comfortably from the Darley three-year-old Epaulette, with the Victorian-trained galloper Bel Sprinter, who had spreadeagled the field in the group 1 Galaxy last start, running third.

Black Caviar displayed all of her magic as she cruised down the straight, taking the lead from long-time leader Rain Affair and sprinting away. Her odds of $1.14 made her unbackable, but that doesn't matter. With a phenomenon like Black Caviar it is the experience and the emotion that count, not the punt.

This was her 25th straight victory, her 15th group 1 success but only her second in Sydney. The Sydney trainers had claimed the daughter of Bel Esprit had been getting things easy in Melbourne, with races run to suit and riders showing an exaggerated sense of respect for the Peter Moody-trained superstar.

<iframe id="dcAd-1-4" src="http://ad-apac.doubleclick.net/adi/onl.bt.sport/sport/horseracing;cat1=horseracing;cat=sport;ctype=article;pos=3;sz=300x250;tile=4;ord=2.2447541E7?" width='300' height='250' scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0"> </iframe>

Moody suggested her NSW rivals would get windburn chasing her tail at Randwick, and the big Queenslander was proved right. ''I'm just really pleased she's put on a hell of a show for such a big crowd that's come out here. Sydney haven't had the pleasure of her as much as Victoria, and I am just really proud,'' he said.

Jubilant jockey Luke Nolen declared: ''They were going to make her earn it today but she still kicked their arse. If there are any knockers today they can come and see me and I will sort them out.''

Where to next?

Stay tuned!

There is talk, and great anticipation, of a further Ascot visit again this year. Hopefully lessons would have been learnt after last time, nobody wants to see her lose the "undefeated" tag due to transportation or condition mistakes. We don't have "truly" great sprinters in the UK, and an opportunity to see the best in the world in action is greatly appreciated. :thumbup

There is talk, and great anticipation, of a further Ascot visit again this year. Hopefully lessons would have been learnt after last time, nobody wants to see her lose the "undefeated" tag due to transportation or condition mistakes. We don't have "truly" great sprinters in the UK, and an opportunity to see the best in the world in action is greatly appreciated. :thumbup

The horse could be spooked by someone eating a steak pie in the UK!

• Upvote 1

I agree. I don't think she's ran near her best for a while and I think it would be better to retire with her record intact.

IMAHO!!

She has won 3 group 1's since this statement.

Lucky your not in charge of the campaigns TOM. She has won about $1.2million since you wanted to retire her.

Never knock the real champions in sport, too much egg ends up on the face. :llaugh

IMAHO!!

She has won 3 group 1's since this statement.

Lucky your not in charge of the campaigns TOM. She has won about $1.2million since you wanted to retire her.

What ratings did she achieve?

Never knock the real champions in sport, too much egg ends up on the face. :llaugh

I didn't knock the horse.
Edited by CheshireTom

That's correct Wacmedia. Trainer Peter Moody says she wont be going to Royal Ascot.

However the owners are very keen to take her to Royal Ascot for her swansong. Moody said he made an error by running her in the Diamond Jubilee (1200m) last time......and if she does go to England she will be set for the Kings Stand (1000m). His reason being the upward slope of the track.

In the meantime Moody will wait two more days and see how she is......and if all is ok she will have her next start on May 11 at either South Australia (Goodwood) or Queensland (BTC Cup)..........both races are Group 1 events. I think they will opt for the Brisbane event.

She will then be spelled.

I agree. I don't think she's ran near her best for a while and I think it would be better to retire with her record intact.

Tom while you didn't knock her you did state that she has not been at her best 'for a while'.

I can't agree with that....prior to Ascot her wins were so easy they could have been described as trackwork. She was never extended at any stage.

At her first run back in the Lightning Stakes (now named in her honour) she broke the course record which had stood for 25 years proving she is faster or as fast as ever.

On Saturday at Randwick she was up against Australia best sprinters including 5 Group 1 winners. She (imho) was extended to win .....but she did win easily in the end.

I got a good laugh out of that.....she is a rising 7 year old and has only had 25 starts......most of her wins have been so easy she rarely gets struck with the whip.

All horses that race run the risk of breaking down......but you can hardly say she has been raced into the ground.

Tom while you didn't knock her you did state that she has not been at her best 'for a while'.

No, I didn't. I said "she has not ran near her best for a while", in agreement with nus01 and Wacmedia's comments. I didn't speculate as to why.

Edited by CheshireTom

Hi,

Another great victory. Channel 4 said she is not coming to Ascot this year.

Actually it was Channel 4 "Morning Line" where I heard that the owners were considering it again. I notice that the "enlightened" :rolleyes: British press have her coming over as a "sex-tourist" ! :o Make a bit of cash from the race and pay for a shag off Frankel ! :llaugh

I got a good laugh out of that.....she is a rising 7 year old and has only had 25 starts......most of her wins have been so easy she rarely gets struck with the whip.

All horses that race run the risk of breaking down......but you can hardly say she has been raced into the ground.

Well your easily amused then. you don't have to strike a horse for it to breakdown. it also runs round the track every morning.

I wonder why they have a vet and a chiropractor making these decisions when they could of saved the money and just asked you. :P http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/superracing/connections-of-black-caviar-to-meet-this-week-to-decide-how-the-wonderful-tale-ends/story-fn67vb4s-1226620280291

Samfeeland....the amusement came from your negativity.

You stated 'As long as they don't push her to hard and she breaks down'

What were you implying?,,,,,or what was your point? The way I read it was that you were warning the trainer not to 'push her too hard'?

We all know that horses get checked by vets and chiropractors....and Trainer Peter Moody has the horses best interests at heart.....so why make the comment 'as long as they don't push her too hard and she breaks down'?

WOW!

BREAKING NEWS!............its over!

Trainer and owners have just announced that BLACK CAVIAR has done enough and has been retired.

25 from 25.

Australia's best ever sprinter.