Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Moving boxes...

Well, I finally got in gear and found a nice® house and am moving next week.

So... I need boxes. Would like to find some strong medium size boxes similar to the ones UHaul sells in the US... Any idea where I can find a place that sells them in Pattaya?

Any idea where I can get them?

TIA

Well, I finally got in gear and found a nice® house and am moving next week.

So... I need boxes. Would like to find some strong medium size boxes similar to the ones UHaul sells in the US... Any idea where I can find a place that sells them in Pattaya?

Any idea where I can get them?

TIA

When I move, I go and buy big plastic tubs with lids. They store easily because one fits in another, are water tight, and strong. Can't remember what I paid in Pattaya, but in the states, rubber made tubs were as cheap as u-haul boxes. I used them over and over, as well as for storage that was rat proof. water tight, and stackable.

• Downvote 2

When I move, I go and buy big plastic tubs with lids. They store easily because one fits in another, are water tight, and strong. Can't remember what I paid in Pattaya, but in the states, rubber made tubs were as cheap as u-haul boxes. I used them over and over, as well as for storage that was rat proof. water tight, and stackable.

+1

(check out the cheapo hardware shop opposite the back of 2nd Roads Big C if you go down this route)

A good idea. In australia when I move I go down to a local supermarket or electrical store. Pick up the cartons that they use for food deliveries or appliances. They usually just throw them out the back for disposal.

+1

(check out the cheapo hardware shop opposite the back of 2nd Roads Big C if you go down this route)

That's what I was looking for. Will go take a look. Didn't know they had anything like that back there... used to be a ceramic/pottery type place I think. Bought some stuff there years ago. Will go check them out here in a bit, once I know for sure they are open lol.

A good idea. In australia when I move I go down to a local supermarket or electrical store. Pick up the cartons that they use for food deliveries or appliances. They usually just throw them out the back for disposal.

Exactly what I used to do, years ago when the boxes were in good shape. That last several years I was in the US the stores either stopped doing that or they dismantled them first, or they recycled them... so I started using Uhaul boxes, which while expensive were very very good quality.

Unfortunately the scrounging free boxes route is a non starter in LOS as all cardboard boxes are worth money...no store's going to give them away, if they did there would be a scrum of cart pushers outside fighting to get at them :)

In the past I've gotten boxes from Foodland. Down the soi on the W. side of the store to the loading dock. There's an employee entry door and the boxes are through another door on the L. as you enter. Ask the employees who are usually hanging about.

Big C on 2nd Road also has boxes but they're in the locked storage unit on the SE corner of the property. I happen to catch them when they were loading a truck and they were happy to help me choose good boxes, but normally they won't be accessible

-redwood

There's a shop in BR Soi 13/2 selling sturdy boxes. I do like the big plastic tubs with lid you buy at Big C/Tesco etc, but they cost more.

That's exactly where I got them.

Its opposite and a little down (toward 2nd road) from the post office. I actually had gone that way to check the post office, but they only had small ones. Nice big ones for 60 baht there, and she dropped that to 40 baht for 15, and threw in a couple bungie cords to tie them down to the motorbike.

Now I just gotta pack. Not looking forward to that. A guy like me can buy a lot of shit in 4 years. :/

That's exactly where I got them.

Its opposite and a little down (toward 2nd road) from the post office. I actually had gone that way to check the post office, but they only had small ones. Nice big ones for 60 baht there, and she dropped that to 40 baht for 15, and threw in a couple bungie cords to tie them down to the motorbike.

Now I just gotta pack. Not looking forward to that. A guy like me can buy a lot of shit in 4 years. :/

How many trips you gonna have to make on the motorbike to get everything from the apt to the new place?

grins-jump.gifgrins-jump.gifgrins-jump.gifgrins-jump.gif

How many trips you gonna have to make on the motorbike to get everything from the apt to the new place?

grins-jump.gifgrins-jump.gifgrins-jump.gifgrins-jump.gif

Probably about 50 lol.

No, actually am going to hire a truck and the door guys from FLB and do it in one go. Will pack things up over the next few days, then move on either Wed or Thurs, tho I might have to leave the computer here for a few more days depending on the scheduling of my internet move.

Going to have the puppy go in to the Vet on Tuesday and stay until I'm moved, and they will de-flea him 100%... and will have the new place sprayed before I move in. Little thing has fleas and the frontline doesn't work because there are other dogs here where I'm at and their owners don't do anything about fleas or ticks, and the yard here is full of them. Am determined to make sure that problem is finished before I move.

I likely will move some things over there by motorbike, but most will be trucked. I have way too much shit, tho a lot of it won't even be needed at the new place. I bought a countertop dishwasher, and the new place has a full size one, I bought a oven, and the new place has one lol. The only big appliance I bought and will still need is the washer and dryer - new place has a washer, but no dryer. I fucking hate moving.

Probably about 50 lol.

No, actually am going to hire a truck and the door guys from FLB and do it in one go. Will pack things up over the next few days, then move on either Wed or Thurs, tho I might have to leave the computer here for a few more days depending on the scheduling of my internet move.

Going to have the puppy go in to the Vet on Tuesday and stay until I'm moved, and they will de-flea him 100%... and will have the new place sprayed before I move in. Little thing has fleas and the frontline doesn't work because there are other dogs here where I'm at and their owners don't do anything about fleas or ticks, and the yard here is full of them. Am determined to make sure that problem is finished before I move.

I likely will move some things over there by motorbike, but most will be trucked. I have way too much shit, tho a lot of it won't even be needed at the new place. I bought a countertop dishwasher, and the new place has a full size one, I bought a oven, and the new place has one lol. The only big appliance I bought and will still need is the washer and dryer - new place has a washer, but no dryer. I fucking hate moving.

I know what you mean about hating moving. I just keep my extra stuff in storage and wherever I am living, I just take what I need to live day to day. Take care and be careful moving.

CB