Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it's all about the money, nobody cares a whit that it's the second biggest religion and widely seen, discussed and known. Only money counts to those Thais. The fact it's in the constitution and a

It’s more of a problem with arrogant uneducated racist rather than a certain religion, And I don’t know what is bothering you; you should help me to stop them from going since they are that bad.

Posted Images

When you wear your socks and sandals mate, you are free to do so. It is many peoples opinion that these women are ordered to cover up, and such mistreatment of women can be offensive and even ruin the OPs fun, just as seeing a woman yelled at or slapped would. imho.

Local shop UK, the daughter of the owner dressed western until she got married. Then she dressed in traditional gear and headscarves. Did her dress taste change overnight? Or did her new hubby tell her what to wear?

Opinions perhaps. but if she is happy to cover, who are we to question it. None of our God Damn business, if you ask me. Their religion, their business.

If it takes the sight of 3 covered women to ruin a holiday, then that is something else. thumbup.gif As far as I am aware, there is no formal dress code in Pattaya, and people can wear what the hell they like providing it is decent. They are paying to stay in Pattaya, just like everyone else, and have the right to wear what clothes they want, or what their husband wants, whichever the case. Take a trip up to Krabi town one day and you will see loads of Muslim Thai women covered too and some in Pattaya.

Just because a person travels to another country, surely it doesnt mean that they have to change from what they wear in their own country. ?? If it upsets some to see it, then tough for them. Whether we as Westerners like it, is neither here nor there and if people dont like or offended by seeing Arabs in Pattaya, then they should fuck off elsewhere. nod.gif

Not all muslim women are forced to cover, and many chose to themselves, it is only ignorance that breeds prejudice. nod.giflove.gif

As long as the Thais accept it, then so should we, since we are also, just visitors. Some may frown on Western decadence too, ex tourism and the like, but there is space for all in the Metropolis. .

California Beach 1905

Good one. I have a number of such pictures and photos myself. It wasn't very long ago. I simply don't understand the huge obsession with how societies dress. And to me, the idea that "they" are "wrong" is... well, yes, stupid.

What is wrong is FORCING people to wear such-and-such, and controlling them. There's surely enough of that going on everywhere to engage more interest than what some woman tourist in Pattaya is wearing.

It may ruin your fun, but it would hardly bother me what someone else is wearing. I am more offended by seeing farangs walking around in black socks and sandals, or swaggering into bars and restaurants with no shirts on TBHyikes.gif

I am usually too busy looking at semi clad Thai ladies to notice what anyone else is wearing, let alone be bothered by it.

Not everyone who visits Thailand is a sex tourist unsure.gif

" I was having a great time, drinking in bars, shagging women, having a laugh with my mates, but then..........................................I saw a woman covered, in Walking street. It completely ruined my fun." well I wonder ???yikes.gif

I'll agree that I'm to busy looking at the sexy women to notice Burqa's or even the fat women. I did however have to spend the day in a government office last month. There was a man there with I assume his two wives, both in the Burqa's that just have a slit for the eyes. It got me wondering, if there were 20 or 30 women dressed just the same, how would the man know which ones were his wife's. Had he gone to the toilet, he would have had to remember his exact seat, so that he didn't come back and sit next to someone ease's wife. Or if there were other friends or family members walk in, they wouldn't even know it, because they would all look alike. A girl could sit down right next to her sister or mother, and unless one of them spoke, they would never know. It seemed really strange to me.

I'll agree that I'm to busy looking at the sexy women to notice Burqa's or even the fat women. I did however have to spend the day in a government office last month. There was a man there with I assume his two wives, both in the Burqa's that just have a slit for the eyes. It got me wondering, if there were 20 or 30 women dressed just the same, how would the man know which ones were his wife's. Had he gone to the toilet, he would have had to remember his exact seat, so that he didn't come back and sit next to someone ease's wife. Or if there were other friends or family members walk in, they wouldn't even know it, because they would all look alike. A girl could sit down right next to her sister or mother, and unless one of them spoke, they would never know. It seemed really strange to me.

I am sure that they will have way of knowing who is who, especially in countries where it is common place for women to be covered. Otherwise as you say, it could be confusing if not interesting

I wondered how long it would be before Pastry jumped to the defence of the Muslims and turned this into a holy war. :rolleyes:

I wondered how long it would be before Pastry jumped to the defence of the Muslims and turned this into a holy war. :rolleyes:

Someone has to be the voice of reason, although I think it is quite light hearted. No holy war here, or defence of Muslims. Were they being attacked then ????

I guess they must have been, if I am to come to the defence ?????alright.gifalright.gif

Tell yer what, just for you, next time someone has a go at Muslims I will jump on the bandwagon and say what a jolly rotten lot they are, and how they should not be allowed to walk around in the same areas as the superior white Christian counterparts and how terribly offended by their appearance we should all be. rotflmao.gif

How about having a big sign made up at the beginning of Walking street, saying "NO BURKAS TO BE WORN" or even better "NO ARABS" yikes.gif as the sight of them could seriously ruin your holiday thumbup.gif

Perhaps they should all be forced to hang around like this on Soi corners so that white sex tourists can wank themselves off over them ??yikes.gif Then everyone will be happy. Maybe we should stop any woman we see wearing a burka and ask her to get her tits out ??biggrin.gif

burka_catwalk.jpg

Edited by Gawd Elpus
  • Downvote 1

Someone has to be the voice of reason

I don't think that person is you.

Tell yer what, just for you, next time someone has a go at Muslims I will jump on the bandwagon and say what a jolly rotten lot they are, and how they should not be allowed to walk around in the same areas as the superior white Christian counterparts and how terribly offended by their appearance we should all be.

Don't do anything for me. Do something for yourself and stop being so predictable and over sensitive everytime Muslims are mentioned on the forums. I haven't said anything disparaging about them, I even said in this thread that they have no less right to be in Pattaya than anyone else in this world. Although I don't think the OP was suggesting so, my problem with women wearing burkas is that it forms part of the oppression that they suffer in certain places. I don't agree with this as things have moved on from the time of Muhammad. Perhaps you feel it is right to flog a woman to death, when her only crime was to be raped? :yikes:

I don't think that person is you.

Don't do anything for me. Do something for yourself and stop being so predictable and over sensitive everytime Muslims are mentioned on the forums. I haven't said anything disparaging about them, I even said in this thread that they have no less right to be in Pattaya than anyone else in this world. Although I don't think the OP was suggesting so, my problem with women wearing burkas is that it forms part of the oppression that they suffer in certain places. I don't agree with this as things have moved on from the time of Muhammad. Perhaps you feel it is right to flog a woman to death, when her only crime was to be raped? :yikes:

Nope, I don't believe it is right to flog a woman to death, and certainly have never heard of it happening in Walking Street. Whether one thinks it is right or wrong for some women to wear a Burka or not, it does not mean that they should not. It maybe outlawed in France, but it is not in Pattaya, to the best of my knowledge. Hence my original reply to the OP. I dont think that is being over sensitive, particularly as I am not a Muslim. It is just about freedom to wear as you wish in Pattaya. It may ruin one or two peoples holiday, but perhaps it is them that are being "over sensitive" rather than me happy.gif

You were the one that mentioned in your post about me being predictable. Should be no surprises there, and my right to post my views on a subject by reply. That is my prerogative.

Here to stay........for a while...we all know how accomodating Thailand is to other cultures, religious beliefs and the money it brings in. It's a revolving door.

I was with a girl I've known on and off for 10 yrs in BKK last week. I'd not seen her for 2 yrs and I asked her how things have changed.

'MMMM before Sabai Sabai have falang 90% now Arab, Indian, Chocolate man 90% China and falang little bit'

And then she expanded on her theme...... ' When I go disco, everywhere have chocolate man....... We learn and can work, but they all same..They run away, or not pay what they say. If falang like me he cannot come because chocolate man come to me first. I ask taxi can take me disco where not have Chocolate man...........It long way, and EVEN HERE have chocolate man! One offer me 5000 baht but I not go. I scare he live long way and will not give me.'......

........."Now have soi called, 'soi chocolate'' I guessed this was the low odd number sois off Suk but she said in another area I didn't know. "Here everyone Arab,or India or Chocolate it's very funny".

I don't see it being a problem if this new influx adapt to Thai ways. Or meet half-way. It's if the girls start needing protection and pimps become involved that the whole scene changes. I suspect it won't come to that and in the meantime the comparatively docile and honest falang mongerers are becoming highly sought after. Not quite her words but exactly the sentiments she expressed.

Pattaya will have its' own Burqa boutiques..........I can imagine the scene......"Humm ......Fatima, does my bomb look big in this"?

Made me laugh how you wrote what the Thai girl said.. FAF

Wait till the Ugandans get there killing children for good luck, who are we to interfere in thiet culture ...

A far cry from 3 women wearing Burkas in Walking street, though. I dont think I have ever seen a Ugandan in Pattaya, but then I would not know for sure.

Perhaps they are hatching a plot to invade huh2.gif

They are Witch Doctors carrying out that vile practice BTW, nothing to do with Muslims. Uganda is predominantly a Christian country

The Ugandans are none to fond of Gays either teeth.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnrLt3VuSM

Edited by Gawd Elpus

Nope, I don't believe it is right to flog a woman to death, and certainly have never heard of it happening in Walking Street. Whether one thinks it is right or wrong for some women to wear a Burka or not, it does not mean that they should not. It maybe outlawed in France, but it is not in Pattaya, to the best of my knowledge. Hence my original reply to the OP. I dont think that is being over sensitive, particularly as I am not a Muslim. It is just about freedom to wear as you wish in Pattaya. It may ruin one or two peoples holiday, but perhaps it is them that are being "over sensitive" rather than me happy.gif

You were the one that mentioned in your post about me being predictable. Should be no surprises there, and my right to post my views on a subject by reply. That is my prerogative.

Fair do's. I buy all my T shirts from Sukhumvit Road traders when I'm in Thailand. Maybe that's just as flagrant for some. :mellow:

Fair do's. I buy all my T shirts from Sukhumvit Road traders when I'm in Thailand. Maybe that's just as flagrant for some. :mellow:

You are lucky, I cant get into a T shirt any more, on account of my progressive waistline biggrin.gif That would be a truly offensive sight indeed

Edited by Gawd Elpus

A far cry from 3 women wearing Burkas in Walking street, though. I dont think I have ever seen a Ugandan in Pattaya, but then I would not know for sure.

Perhaps they are hatching a plot to invade huh2.gif

They are Witch Doctors carrying out that vile practice BTW, nothing to do with Muslims. Uganda is predominantly a Christian country

The Ugandans are none to fond of Gays either teeth.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnrLt3VuSM

Just the mixing of cultures, dont seem to work too well... bet the Thais would go made if they chopped a Thai kid up ..

The Burkhas could be used for bombs, one guy has just gone guilty in the states he had a bomb in his pants, caught fire never exploded on a plane from Amsterdam to America..

YOU CANT MAKE IT UP.. France wont swallow the Burkhas, Joanna Lumley wants to swallow the Ghurkas..

What a carry on...

Just the mixing of cultures, dont seem to work too well... bet the Thais would go made if they chopped a Thai kid up ..

The Burkhas could be used for bombs, one guy has just gone guilty in the states he had a bomb in his pants, caught fire never exploded on a plane from Amsterdam to America..

YOU CANT MAKE IT UP.. France wont swallow the Burkhas, Joanna Lumley wants to swallow the Ghurkas..

What a carry on...

I am sure that no country would tolerate chopping kids up and I dont think there are many Ugandan Witch Doctors about in Pattaya

A burka as a bomb ?? how does that work, they would have pretty misshapen heads, don't you think ??yikes.gif a bomb strapped to their face

Edited by Gawd Elpus

What a carry on...

:grin :grin

To be honest I wish those shirtless falangs who walk around Walking Ater at night would wear a burqa as quite frankly they are an embarrassment.

Absolutely. One has to ask who are the indecent ones walking around Pattaya. Two extremes perhaps, but at least the covered woman is showing more decency than the farang louts walking around without shirts on and also disrespecting Thai culture. Perhaps as westerners, we should get our own house in order, before we start criticising other cultures for their dress codes. I also wonder how many covered Muslim women we see falling over drunk in the early hours of the morning and being sick everywhere . ??? biggrin.gif I know who's company I would feel easier in, for sure

Edited by Gawd Elpus

It may ruin your fun, but it would hardly bother me what someone else is wearing. I am more offended by seeing farangs walking around in black socks and sandals, or swaggering into bars and restaurants with no shirts on

So it does bother you what others are wearing! :clueless

Opinions perhaps. but if she is happy to cover, who are we to question it. None of our God Damn business, if you ask me. Their religion, their business.

If it takes the sight of 3 covered women to ruin a holiday, then that is something else. thumbup.gif As far as I am aware, there is no formal dress code in Pattaya, and people can wear what the hell they like providing it is decent. They are paying to stay in Pattaya, just like everyone else, and have the right to wear what clothes they want, or what their husband wants, whichever the case. Take a trip up to Krabi town one day and you will see loads of Muslim Thai women covered too and some in Pattaya.

Just because a person travels to another country, surely it doesnt mean that they have to change from what they wear in their own country. ?? If it upsets some to see it, then tough for them. Whether we as Westerners like it, is neither here nor there and if people dont like or offended by seeing Arabs in Pattaya, then they should fuck off elsewhere. nod.gif

Not all muslim women are forced to cover, and many chose to themselves, it is only ignorance that breeds prejudice. nod.giflove.gif

As long as the Thais accept it, then so should we, since we are also, just visitors. Some may frown on Western decadence too, ex tourism and the like, but there is space for all in the Metropolis. .

It was you who disagreed with the OP's opinion. I was merely saying that it can dismay a person to see these poor mistreated women walking along behind their husbands, not allowed to drive or even speak to people directly. It's feckin abominable imho. A receptionist told me a while back that when trying to talk to a " bhurka'd woman" regarding her dental appointment in the UK, the husband wouldn't let her speak. Women in bhurkas remind you of their barbaric treatment , and I am free to say so.

-------------------------

Comparing burkha'd women to shirtless men is ludicrous. Maybe some of the people defending the mistreatment and subordination of women secretly envy the way muslim men treat their wives and sisters. :banghead I can't understand why anyone wouldn't be appalled.

• Upvote 1

It was you who disagreed with the OP's opinion. I was merely saying that it can dismay a person to see these poor mistreated women walking along behind their husbands, not allowed to drive or even speak to people directly.

How do you know this? I've certainly not met every Muslim woman, but I've never met one who was not allowed to drive or speak. I know they exist, but how do you know about this one?