Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Will post a hundred or so monochrome pix from recent trip. These need converting from colour to b/w,then resizing,so will upload in batches of ten over the next few days. The b/w versions often have more atmospheric effect than the polychromatic originals.

Enjoy.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

a10.jpg

• Upvote 1

Will post a hundred or so monochrome pix from recent trip. These need converting from colour to b/w,then resizing,so will upload in batches of ten over the next few days. The b/w versions often have more atmospheric effect than the polychromatic originals.

FYI, I've just updated the forum software to allow you to upload up to 100 images at a time.

Billions, something you might consider is to load these pictures into the GALLERY as a group of albums. You can then link to the gallery album from your posts.

Up to you, of course.

I didn't know there was a gallery.

The reason I'm loading ten at a time is that I have to work on converting them from colour to b/w or sepia,this is what takes the time and effort,not the actual uploading process.

If anyone is interested,this is done using a programme called Silver Fx Pro 2. A colour photograph is converted to black'n'white with 38 preset options available. Each is significantly different from the other,and there's always one there which suits the particular picture well. There are loads more tweaks,where you can work on specific areas of the photo to micro manage it's detail,but I haven't done any of that.

I'll load some more tonight after I have finished work.

Real 'B' movie stuff - atmospheric indeed. Something about all that neon with no colour that's weird though....

Thanks for letting us have a look.

Andy

One of the presets is actually called "film noir",and I used that one quite a lot!

Glork...thank you...can't get a better compliment than that.

Puts me under a bit of pressure though....I was only in Patts for a few days,and have posted nearly all the photos I took! It was my first trip,and I just fired off shots on the hoof,whatever was in front of me.I didn't go looking for pictures,but will do next time now I know the layout.

If I run out of Pattaya ones,I'll revert to some I took in Bangkok.

Glad they are appreciated.

Anyway,here's the next batch.....

a3.jpg

a7.jpg

a5.jpg

a2.jpg

a4.jpg

a1.jpg

a6.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

a10.jpg

Here are a few more.

Taking photos in Pattaya seems to produce some much paranoia....if you photograph a bargirl,they assume you have absolute bad itentions,if you photograph some signage,the owners think they are about to be exposed for something scandelous,and if you photograph a westerner they assume you are working for the media. And of course Thais shout "No foto no foto" for no reason whatsoever,just on the off chance you will argue the point and they can then lay into you with a dozen of their mates. Add that to the very fluid and fast moving street scene in Pattaya and its a wonder any pictures get taken at all.

Lots of bars have signage with girls in martini glasses...so many!

ab4.jpg

ab5.jpg

ab6.jpg

aB10.jpg

ab7.jpg

ab8.jpg

ab9.jpg

ab3.jpg

ab2.jpg

ab1.jpg

Here's the final ten pictures in this set. Makes 100 this time.

I'll get back to colour for the next series.

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a4.jpg

a6.jpg

a5.jpg

a1.jpg