Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Large studio for rent in View Talay 2 A

Then you should have compared it against condos and not hotels.

I'm not interested in hotel rooms worldwide, only in Pattaya. Bottom line is that your room is smaller than even the smallest rooms offered at The Hilton - a local hotel of similar size and design.

I know you are a smart guy, not a dumbass, so I assume you was only too lazy to create any better windups...

I compared the offered prices in the same building... ( a hint.... links... click.. )

Pattaya Hilton... yes... 10.000+ baht / day

I have a 60 square meter condo with a separate bedroom located in the Lalana complex on Soi Chaiyapruk. The grounds and the swimming pools are spotless. It is a gated complex and security is second to none. I had it temporally rented to a friend of mine for 9,600 baht per month until he found a permanent place. I am now using myself it for my infrequent on the road trips. It's nice to have a getaway place.

As many says... location, location, location.... ( and quality... )

http://www.expat-con...lalana-map.html

by the way.... ( 16.000 baht / month for a year rent )

http://www.walkingst...IdProperty=5483

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know you are a smart guy, not a dumbass, so I assume you was only too lazy to create any better windups...   I compared the offered prices in the same building... ( a hint.... links... click.. )

My biased thoughts.... growing the new condo projects like mushrooms the prices must go down logically.... logically... but this is Thailand... The new View Talay projects are heavily overpriced ( a s

Actually there are 14 pictures of the interior and 2 from the balcony...

Certainly smart enough to realise that 42 m2 does't equal "a large apartment". :thumbup

It does if you are a midget.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Was VT2 about 10k rent , around 6 years ago? And 1 beds were 15k, back then? Sounds like they have gone up at the same rate as P4P.

How much are these to buy? 1.5 mil? Or less for a tired unit?

Seven years ago I rented out my small condo on the second floor for 15.000 baht without problems... Until the last year 15.000 was written in stone, ( apart from Dancewatchers more expensive units, but it's an other story, they offers the best quality condos with hotel service... my mate rented out this year a 3 unit, 1 bedroom condo for 55.000 baht / month ) In this years started to increase the prices to 15-18.000 for a studio... I reserve every year ( in the last 5 year ) one bedrooms for my mates, usually bertween 25-30.000 baht...

I bought my recent condo 8 years ago for 1.5mill. and bought this condo in may this year for the same price. It's an other question, the asked price was 1.65mill and I was hunting about 3 months to find this one... However, easy to find really nice, even large condos for 1.6mill...

just open your eyes, minds and brain.... :thumbup

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I bought my recent condo 8 years ago for 1.5mill. and bought this condo in may this year for the same price. It's an other question, the asked price was 1.65mill and I was hunting about 3 months to find this one... However, easy to find really nice, even large condos for 1.6mill...

Thanks for the info Gabor. No price appreciation in 8 years? What do you reckon from now? I noticed Spanish Condo on Sukhumvit near soi Arunothai had went down a good bit in price.

I remember a BM named Alan who done a good budget thread. He was renting a 1 bed in VT2 for 15k. And I thought Bruce Mangosteen used to pay 10k for a studio. Those were the figures I was basing my post on. I must have remembered wrong.

And I better declare that it wasn't me who gave you that negative.

Seven years ago I rented out my small condo on the second floor for 15.000 baht without problems... Until the last year 15.000 was written in stone, ( apart from Dancewatchers more expensive units, but it's an other story, they offers the best quality condos with hotel service... my mate rented out this year a 3 unit, 1 bedroom condo for 55.000 baht / month ) In this years started to increase the prices to 15-18.000 for a studio... I reserve every year ( in the last 5 year ) one bedrooms for my mates, usually bertween 25-30.000 baht...

And sometimes when you are just trying to enlarge your view on an Android, you instead, cast a negative vote. :sh Hate it when that happens. :toilet_claw:

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info Gabor. No price appreciation in 8 years? What do you reckon from now? I noticed Spanish Condo on Sukhumvit near soi Arunothai had went down a good bit in price.

I remember a BM named Alan who done a good budget thread. He was renting a 1 bed in VT2 for 15k. And I thought Bruce Mangosteen used to pay 10k for a studio. Those were the figures I was basing my post on. I must have remembered wrong.

And I better declare that it wasn't me who gave you that negative.

My biased thoughts.... growing the new condo projects like mushrooms the prices must go down logically.... logically... but this is Thailand... The new View Talay projects are heavily overpriced ( a studio 2-3 mill ) ... and still more, than half empty. Already years....It increase the question who will pay the annual maintenance fees ? I visit some mates in the mentioned buildings ( VT5 and VT7 ) and what I see is the low service level....not enough money probably. In the VT 7 the whole two back wings of the Y still totally empty.... The VT8 on Jomtien ( bad location, far away ) almost empty... The VT2 was the big sucess encouraged to built the newer buildings and it is full, good services, continous prosperity... I could buy cheaper, more attractive - in the brochures - condo, but living myself in the building I know this is a good building, I wouldn't consider to change... An other aspect is the location... The VT2 is right on the bahtbus route.... the newer condos may look close to everything, but if you don't drive you will need to walk 5-10-20 minutes to get there or use the motorcycle taxis or the bahtbuses as private taxis.... I was living years ago on the Pratamnak hill....big walk until I got a bahtbus ( no private taxi bahtbuses around ) and hire a bahtbus as a private taxi to go back. Then it was 100 baht... ok, not a big deal, but see... two big walk daily ( once to the beach, once to the city ) and 200 baht back.... ( the minimum plan ) it means 6000 baht + the hassle vs. 600 baht and comfy.../ month... nowadays the difference would be bigger....

I never visited the Spanish condo on the Sukhumvit, my only infos are, two of my mates were " wise " to find themselves a condo... Following the very first day, they better lost their deposit and moved to the VT2....

BM Alan living in the VT2 and I meet him very often on the corridors and in the elevator... I don't know how much he paid, but usually the long term renters get 1-2-3.000 discount....following his trial period he bought his own condo....

Bruce Mangosteen always lived in the VT1 which was always cheaper... More tired building, smaller rooms, problems with the unwanted strangers around the pool area ( one pool for the two building ) , noticable longer distance from the beach... However I doubt in the 10.000 as he renting a corner condo in a very high floor....

The negative... never mind.... secretologists or someone with the buttons in the hand.... only proves of my conspiracy theories....

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

VT 6 you will pay 4million + some are asking 5 million and are getting 28k rent million for a decent room 48 metres, VT 2 has a very small angled balcony you cant use... they are good value but you get what you pay for... I agree re 8 too far out and 7 is a poor design, 6 and 5 are the best IMHO the market prices also reflect that...

A market is a market and you get what you pay for, you are looking at a 12% yield very tidy....makes me laugh when people say don't buy in Thailand . don't pay 12% rent is what I think ...

• Upvote 4

Thanks guys. It was me who gave you both a + . Don't worry, I won't be posting all my votes lol.

As you know Parky, I am in the don't buy in los camp, but let's not start that again

The negative... never mind.... secretologists or someone with the buttons in the hand.... only proves of my conspiracy theories....

It would appear that Google is more sinister than I imagined, and obviously the real money behind the Secrets Empire. Apple just won my business!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks guys. It was me who gave you both a + . Don't worry, I won't be posting all my votes lol.

As you know Parky, I am in the don't buy in los camp, but let's not start that again <grin .

For sure there are the buys and not buys each to their, own issues arise when one tells the other camp what they should do :uh-uh: its up to individuals what they buy and what they rent ...

I am more than happy with my (Gestapo Khazi ) modest investment in Los I would have paid 480k in rent in that time.... but each to their own...

Hope the old fella is OK .. :chogdee

• Upvote 2

Too dear for me, unless you are into Jomtien of course. I stay in Patts for B6000 per week, B7 electric, no water charge!

Is the place the same size and you have a pool ? sounds a good deal where is it ?

• Upvote 2

Hope the old fella is OK .. :chogdee

Thanks Parky, that's kind of you to say :chogdee2

I am more than happy with my (Gestapo Khazi ) modest investment in Los I would have paid 480k in rent in that time.... but each to their own...

You and BMs like Gary and Gabor are sitting pretty with a few years ownership behind you. It's going forward that I am always wary about , with Pattaya changing so much. However I still may buy there. I would view it as a luxury and gamble , rather than a sound investment and I think you guys probably thought that way too when you bought and it's worked out for you. Would be great to be able to have a decent sound system, TV, big monitor , guitar and leave hot weather clothes there and travel light. And like you, I utterly abhor renting stuff.

• Upvote 1

I actually don't like condo living. I especially don't like the narrow dark hallways in the high rises and the fear of fires is always there. That made my condo shopping quite a challenge. I refuse to live in a shoe box and a separate bedroom was a requirement. A TV in the living room and another in the bedroom makes living with a Thai lady much easier.

I discovered Lalana and I immediately liked the buildings. They are only five stories high and built in a rectangle shape. I open my front door and have open air. The center part of the building is garden area open to the sky.

The monthly maintenance is ten baht per square meter per month and the electricity is billed directly from the power company. The maintenance fund has a big surplus and is very healthy.

I would advise anyone shopping for a condo to check the electricity rates because some complexes double or triple the rates. That is a plain and simple rip off. Check the monthly maintenance charge and what it covers. My ten baht per square meter covers trash disposal as well as basic insurance. I had some water damage from the condo above mine and the insurance covered it.

A gated complex with a high wall all around the complex is also a big plus. I had a painter come in and I had to go to the front gate to authorize his entrance. It is a big complex and is quiet with no pets permitted. The grounds are very well kept and the swimming pools are sparkling clean.

Last but maybe not least, I didn't buy my condo for an investment. I bought it because rent is usually a big part of my living expenses. It's like a security blanket for me. No one is going to throw me out or raise my rent, After seven years I don't expect my wife to throw me out of her house but one never knows for sure.

:sh

Edited by Gary

Large condo? It's a studio.

Gary,

That does remind me of the fat and useless manager from the Jomtien Beach Codominium. About a year ago he called the cops when I opened the fire escape door next to my end unit to let the breeze in. He called the cops without telling me first. When the young Thai copper turned up, gun and all, he seemed rather bemused and embarrassed about getting called out over such a trivial situation. He asked who owned the condo. My missus told him we bought the 45sqm "condo" about 5 years ago. The fat and useless manager then declared that it was not a condo, but a room. Well, the building complex complex has a big sign out front calling it Jomtien Beach Condominium or Rimhad Condominiums in Thai. The young copper left bewildered.

Gabor, sorry about the thread fuck, but it might be prudent to find out if you are advertising a condo or a room.:smile:

• Upvote 2

Parkwahn, I don't see the point in continuing this badgering of Gabor. You've given adequate explanations for the difference in pricing and style of build for the various VT sites.

Let's drop this and let anyone who wants to consider the property read what is said so far. I can't think of anything that needs to be added, and since this is in a market thread, there should be a limit at some point to the tire-kicking and criticizing of the offered product.

We've reached that point.

• Upvote 2

I actually don't like condo living. I especially don't like the narrow dark hallways in the high rises and the fear of fires is always there. That made my condo shopping quite a challenge. I refuse to live in a shoe box and a separate bedroom was a requirement. A TV in the living room and another in the bedroom makes living with a Thai lady much easier.

I discovered Lalana and I immediately liked the buildings. They are only five stories high and built in a rectangle shape. I open my front door and have open air. The center part of the building is garden area open to the sky.

The monthly maintenance is ten baht per square meter per month and the electricity is billed directly from the power company. The maintenance fund has a big surplus and is very healthy.

I would advise anyone shopping for a condo to check the electricity rates because some complexes double or triple the rates. That is a plain and simple rip off. Check the monthly maintenance charge and what it covers. My ten baht per square meter covers trash disposal as well as basic insurance. I had some water damage from the condo above mine and the insurance covered it.

A gated complex with a high wall all around the complex is also a big plus. I had a painter come in and I had to go to the front gate to authorize his entrance. It is a big complex and is quiet with no pets permitted. The grounds are very well kept and the swimming pools are sparkling clean.

Last but maybe not least, I didn't buy my condo for an investment. I bought it because rent is usually a big part of my living expenses. It's like a security blanket for me. No one is going to throw me out or raise my rent, After seven years I don't expect my wife to throw me out of her house but one never knows for sure.

:sh

Great post!

Some last minute discount... 500 baht / day until 1st of august... ( + electric, water, cleaning )

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

500 baht lol..

Yupp.... why not ? No long term rent is available as the next tenant arrives on 2nd of august...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yupp.... why not ? No long term rent is available as the next tenant arrives on 2nd of august...

You wont get a decent condo in VT5 or 6 for 500 baht a nite, that tells you something.

Anyway good luck in filling the place....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3