Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Well Done Andy Murray

Broke the UK's duck!!!

He has just won the US open and his first major...and the UK's for an age.

Link

Sorry about the original location there MM.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

Broke the UK's duck!!!

He can't be accused of making it easy for himself. Great stuff ... worth staying up for.

Edited by CheshireTom

Bugger...I got up and watched the first 3 sets...... thought I couldn't take the disapointment of him losing another final which looked likely in the 4th and decided to get in an early 9 hloes of golf before I was too depressed......Got home and he's kissing the cup. I should have more faith!

Well done.

Here we go again!

He's from Glasgow SCOTLAND and he "broke the UK's duck?

That's akin to me saying a player from the USVI or Puerto Rico won it for a change.

At least Fred Perry was from Britain.

(I am entering this disclaimer now to avoid the rush)I AM KIDDING!

Now trying to understand a Scotsman is another question entirely.The 2 I usually hear are the old lad on the right and David Moyes.I can understand Murray and that old bloke on the left w/o a problem though.

It was a great match.Now the pressure is off and I see him winning 2-3 additional majors.His conditioning really paid off.The last player to accomplish what he did the best player of all time-John McEnroe,back in 1980.

Broke the UK's duck!!!

Link

Sorry about the original location there MM.

Edited by bigdelta
  • Downvote 2

Here we go again!

He's from Glasgow SCOTLAND and he "broke the UK's duck?

That's akin to me saying a player from the USVI or Puerto Rico won it for a change.

At least Fred Perry was from Britain.

(I am entering this disclaimer now to avoid the rush)I AM KIDDING!

Now trying to understand a Scotsman is another question entirely.The 2 I usually hear are the old lad on the right and David Moyes.I can understand Murray and that old bloke on the left w/o a problem though.

It was a great match.Now the pressure is off and I see him winning 2-3 additional majors.His conditioning really paid off.The last player to accomplish what he did the best player of all time-John McEnroe,back in 1980.

No it isn't, you are talking drivel. Britain also includes Scotland by the way. Scotland is also part of the UK, and that is what it says on the front of Murray's passport.

Actually I was being very specific when I said UK. Well done that Scotsman.

I always thought he was Australian for some reason.

He has the right attitude for sport I see him on a program the other day nutting off. A bit of a spoilt sport when things dont go his way. :angry2: http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20120620/Bad_boy_Mac_offers_temper_counseling_to_Murray

Edited by samfreeland

Apparently you missed "(I am entering this disclaimer now to avoid the rush)I AM KIDDING!" in my post.

Get a sense of humor.

Britain covers all of the UK. Fred Perry was English.

Edited by bigdelta
  • Upvote 1

jacko,the front of his passport says "Scotland is part of the UK"?Does the front list all the countries that are part of the UK?

You and pattaya_mad missed "(I am entering this disclaimer now to avoid the rush)I AM KIDDING!".

No it isn't, you are talking drivel. Britain also includes Scotland by the way. Scotland is also part of the UK, and that is what it says on the front of Murray's passport.

Actually I was being very specific when I said UK. Well done that Scotsman.

So if it's a team sport like soccer,they play for their COUNTRY but if it's an individual sport,they are a UK(ingdom) subject,correct?Or every team player is a UK subject representing his country?

Somebody 'hep me.

He won, so he's British. If he'd lost he'd have been Scots.

So if it's a team sport like soccer,they play for their COUNTRY but if it's an individual sport,they are a UK(ingdom) subject,correct?Or every team player is a UK subject representing his country?

Somebody 'hep me.

Not a lot different from Ben Johnson - Canadian Sporting Hero or, Ben Johnson - Cheating Jamaican Bastard. :thumbup

Edited by CheshireTom

Murray is a proud Scot thru and thru. His victory in the US Open is for Scotland first and Britain second. His Gold medal is for Scotland first and Britain second. Nothing wrong in that! Connery and Ferguson would have him by the pubic hair if it were any other way. 99% of the kudos and the credit goes to Scotland. That's how it is.

As a proud Englishman first and a Briton second I support the English over everyone and Britons over everyone else, so I wanted Murray to do it and was pleased that he did.....

....But 'If' there was an Englishman out there, that was in Murray's 'parish' in terms of ability to thwack a tennis ball, and they were matched together then...... I'd be damning Murray as a'scotch' (winds them up) bastard........... That's only natural, isn't it??

As it stands, well done Murray you thoroughly deserved both these victories...... And if us English take a measly 1% of the kudos, it's only fair, as being British you've had fer' yerselfs a similar % in that English twat, Fred Perry's success for 76 years.

I think that explains it bigDelta

• Upvote 1

As it stands, well done Murray you thoroughly deserved both these victories...... And if us English take a measly 1% of the kudos, it's only fair, as being British you've had fer' yerselfs a similar % in that English twat, Fred Perry's success for 76 years.

Not really. We always regarded Don Budge as having been a Scot. :thumbup

Not really. We always regarded Don Budge as having been a Scot. :thumbup

Despite the muslim Mona Lisa avatar, and the English sounding board persona I 'ken' you're a proud and unbiased 'Scotchman' yourself. And I'll add as cannie as a jewish bookie on Derby Day. So not surprised to find you're right.....As always!

However, I was surprised to learn that Don Budge joined a Scottish duo already well known, for their wee pipes, called the 'Gay Gordons' And formed with them a new group called 'The Kilt-Lifters'....The full band line-up, (best read with a scottish lilt) was.....Ben Doone....Phil Mc'Cavitie and .....Don......Budge.