Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

18 Coins Restaurant & Bar

Sorry but I ate there twice last March and it was poor

If you are looking for gourmet food this is not the place. However I ate there quite a bit this past June, July, and August simply because Sutus Court Hotel across the street is where I usually stay now. It was fine if you are looking for decent, basic farang food at reasonable prices. And the girlfriend seemed satisfied with the Thai food. She even wanted to go a couple of times to eat a club sandwich. The longer we are together the more she seems to be taking a liking to farang food and the more I seem to be doing so with Thai food.

If you are looking for gourmet food this is not the place. However I ate there quite a bit this past June, July, and August simply because Sutus Court Hotel across the street is where I usually stay now. It was fine if you are looking for decent, basic farang food at reasonable prices. And the girlfriend seemed satisfied with the Thai food. She even wanted to go a couple of times to eat a club sandwich. The longer we are together the more she seems to be taking a liking to farang food and the more I seem to be doing so with Thai food.

I just didnt like the food mate. Your right it isn't the place if your looking for gourmet food. I was looking for decent, basic farang food, and it still isn't the place. I stay in the Soi Diana/Boukow area and with Le Katai/ Devonshire seriously gone downhill I now have to nip over to the Pig and Whistle which is about the best farang food at a reasonable price in my experience. I understand Robins Nest has improved greatly of late so will give that a go on my next trip. Will also try the 18 coins again I suppose

I just didnt like the food mate. Your right it isn't the place if your looking for gourmet food. I was looking for decent, basic farang food, and it still isn't the place. I stay in the Soi Diana/Boukow area and with Le Katai/ Devonshire seriously gone downhill I now have to nip over to the Pig and Whistle which is about the best farang food at a reasonable price in my experience. I understand Robins Nest has improved greatly of late so will give that a go on my next trip. Will also try the 18 coins again I suppose

I should try the Robin's nest as ALL the other places you mentioned are shite.

I should try the Robin's nest as ALL the other places you mentioned are shite.

Try the Golf Club on LK Metro. Usually they are pretty good, though I was disappointed the last time I was there.

Unless Robin's Nest has improved in the last years, I crossed them off my list about 5 years ago...abundant portions, but the ingredients were sub par.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Try the Golf Club on LK Metro. Usually they are pretty good, though I was disappointed the last time I was there.

Unless Robin's Nest has improved in the last years, I crossed them off my list about 5 years ago...abundant portions, but the ingredients were sub par.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Eat regularly from The Golf Club. Usually order from the Metro Apartments and they bring it across. The Penang Curry is especially excellent.

had a few decent meals at the Golf Club. They do have this weird obsession with raw onion as a garnish tho. :clueless

Eat regularly from The Golf Club. Usually order from the Metro Apartments and they bring it across. The Penang Curry is especially excellent.

Agreed, its the only way to do it. The Golf Club clientele not my cup of tea, Metro Bar much nicer

Agreed, its the only way to do it. The Golf Club clientele not my cup of tea, Metro Bar much nicer

I like to sit at an outside table and perv on the Devil's Den girls. I never paid attention to the customers.

You know, they have regular (thrice weekly it used to be) barbecue dinners....pick your steak, pork or salmon, and they cook it on a genuine Weber charcoal grill (none of that gas crap) with near perfect baked potatoes. It doesn't get better than that in Pattaya.

I like to sit at an outside table and perv on the Devil's Den girls. I never paid attention to the customers.

You know, they have regular (thrice weekly it used to be) barbecue dinners....pick your steak, pork or salmon, and they cook it on a genuine Weber charcoal grill (none of that gas crap) with near perfect baked potatoes. It doesn't get better than that in Pattaya.

I just think that golfers think that we don't know why they are in Pattaya. Us mongers are here for the tash, so are they, but they chose to hide behind 'golf'.

Anyway, thanks for that I will try the BBQ next time Im over and will perv at the Devils Den girls from an even better vantage point.....Devils Den. Cheers

I just think that golfers think that we don't know why they are in Pattaya. Us mongers are here for the tash, so are they, but they chose to hide behind 'golf'.

Anyway, thanks for that I will try the BBQ next time Im over and will perv at the Devils Den girls from an even better vantage point.....Devils Den. Cheers

As you enter the Golf Club, try to get one of the the outside tables to the right..otherwise, you only get food and not a perv.

The BBQ is top notch...really very good, and if I were closer to the place, I'd go at least once a week.

I can't disagree with you on the subject of golfers :P (Sorry, doghaus).

Guest Fatboyfat

I always reckon that is the "next great expose documentary" waiting to be unleashed on the British TV viewing public, especially as it has the added "shock" factor that most of them have wives and family back home. :shame: :dbh

I ate there with my GF several times last month and the food was great. A couple of times we arrived late and the Special was sold out. That is the only complaint I had. Very friendly and efficient service.

Have eaten at coins loads of times in the last 4 or 5 years and never had any cause for complaint.

I think a lot of folks prefer to have their veg boiled to a un-nutrisious slush, if thats what they are looking for maybe its best for them to stay at Robbins

Edited by Wobbly