Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I don't get it. The pump says 1330 but the real price is 1130? Do they enter the 1330 manually? Why doesn't the amount on the pump automatically correspond to the amount purchased?

Probably because the previous sale was 200 baht and not reset so reads as 1330 but when pushed to do so they pressed buttons to show the actual amount delivered in "your" transaction

Probably because the previous sale was 200 baht and not reset so reads as 1330 but when pushed to do so they pressed buttons to show the actual amount delivered in "your" transaction

Naah. The meter showed nothing in the liters delivered..it was blank. They just keyed in a number "similar" to the actual amount.

Hi.

This Shell petrol station has a very bad reputation for years :(

but it's the only one in the area so many people continue to go there.

We already talk of this scam years ago here and on many Pattaya forums.

In 2008 the managment take some action and even published photo of scammers.

We even had here a topic about it : Shell Station Scammer Photos

I suppose they should make a update with some new pictures ;)

I try to not use this station, but easy for me as I often go on Sukhumvit Rd.

I always use the place near the house....... (except when on a road trip), a tiny 10 baht tip every time I fill up and I feel I am remembered, given good service by the cute young girls and have never felt they would cheat me...often get the free bottle of water or box of tissues.

Paying attention in Thailand should be the general rule, people taking cash are frequent cheats worldwide. Even had the girl at the bus-station in Moe chit trying it on for the few baht difference between the motorway bus and the non-motorway one. I find it most offensive in the hospitality 'industry'. people you would normally tip short changeing you or playing stupid games hiding coins.

I swear one guy was just filling up bike after bike without resetting the pump at this place. He just said 100 baht or whatever.

RDS is a pretty big company. An email to Holland might get noticed.

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen this at this same petrol station many times in the past. When i go to put petrol in the car, i go to a petrol station on Sukhomvit and never say "fill it up" i always say to put in 1000 baht

That is probably the most clever way to get fuel, as long as you make sure the pump is reset to zero before the start filling your fuel tank.

After reading about petrol station scams in Pattaya I made a point of, pulling up at the pump, getting off and lifting the seat, I then put my hand on the filler cap and stare at the pump. It's only when I see the zeros that I then undo the cap for the attendant to insert the nozzle.

Just so simple.

• 4 weeks later...

If filling Station, Bar or Supermarket ....

often give or trying to give u rong cash change. Have experienst so often. Speak loud wenn giffing 500B or 1000B and pay direct to cacher.

Last proplems on Shell StationPattaya Tai Rood, **JP Bar Walking Street** 7/11 So ko pai, Club Insomnia ... :wanker