Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattayatalk forum software upgrade - problems?

I've tested it on two laptops. Same same.

I've noticed other posters have had the same problem.

I've tested it on two laptops. Same same.

I've noticed other posters have had the same problem.

Really? :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not gonna talk to anyone unless they've cleared their cache. These problems sound very much like local configuration issues.

I had the same problem with Chrome, but I closed all tabs, closed the browser and rebooted, then everything was fine.   Evil

MM we use exactly the same software, Invision with a lifetime license. Haven't had any problems though. Do your patches and updates auto update via the ACP?.   I did ticket Invision the other month,

Okay, that was pretty funny :beer

Martin, If you recall, I've always had problems with this site and Chrome so I switched to FF and everything was fine. This post is on Chrome and in the past I could neither post links nor use emoticons and I still can't. I am in Patts at the mo if that makes a diff.

Martin, If you recall, I've always had problems with this site and Chrome so I switched to FF and everything was fine. This post is on Chrome and in the past I could neither post links nor use emoticons and I still can't. I am in Patts at the mo if that makes a diff.

On a Samsung Chromebook, which may or may not be the same Chrome software as you download to your laptop. :bhappy :clueless :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes, I go into the 'quoted' area, and I can't get out!

Happened to me a few times tonight. Didn't bother posting in the end. Some people will be pleased about that I suppose!

I've said it a few times already but I'll say it again, this version of the forum software sucks. It hasn't been right since I started posting again last September after a six month break.

It hasn't been right since I started posting again last September after a six month break.

Could say something about the one following the other but post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and all that.

Could say something about the one following the other but post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and all that.

I think you have a point, but my Latin is near non-existent.

Do you have a mouse? Click in the area outside the quoted part, and you should be fine. Works for me, anyway.

Happened to me a few times tonight. Didn't bother posting in the end. Some people will be pleased about that I suppose!

I've said it a few times already but I'll say it again, this version of the forum software sucks. It hasn't been right since I started posting again last September after a six month break.

I'm going to be up all night try to imagine what you were going to post now.

The forum software is what it is...any Invision board (and there are a few related to Pattaya) will be similar once they upgrade to the more "advanced" version.

The only board that hasn't upgraded (that I know of) is pattaya-live. Perhaps you'd be happier there? :poke

Do you have a mouse? Click in the area outside the quoted part, and you should be fine. Works for me, anyway.

Yes of course, I use a laptop.

It's a sometimes thing, and mostly happens when I go into the quoted area prior to entering any characters outside of it.

Haven't nailed the SOE down yet, but it requires me to reload the page. No big deal.