Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattayatalk forum software upgrade - problems?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not gonna talk to anyone unless they've cleared their cache. These problems sound very much like local configuration issues.

I had the same problem with Chrome, but I closed all tabs, closed the browser and rebooted, then everything was fine.   Evil

MM we use exactly the same software, Invision with a lifetime license. Haven't had any problems though. Do your patches and updates auto update via the ACP?.   I did ticket Invision the other month,

No I didn't. How do you do that? Forgive my ignorance.

Did you clear your cache for this site?

I have cleared the cache and it worked.

• Upvote 1

I closed the other topic so we could start fresh with this latest upgrade.

As of about 4 hours ago, I was informed by Invision that the problems we were encountering should be fixed.

Are you having any problems now?

If so, please describe them and provide screen shots or captures to help with identifying them.

Okay...the quote function got a little too smart for us. It does a nice formatting, but it makes it difficult to add text outside the quote...which I why we are seeing many quotes with added text from the responder.

My workaround is to click the box in the upper left of the toolbar..I think it looks like a light switch.

That will turn the post into unformatted format. You can then see the quote begin and end thingies...if you start typing after the ending quote thing ( [ slash quote] is what it shows), then your text will be outside the quote. Click the light switch (upper left again) to get back to formatted text.

To split the quote into multiple pieces, copy/paste the entire quoted area as many times as you want to slice and dice it. Then, in each copied area, remove what you don't want to reply to...do this for each copied quote. Like this...

I closed the other topic so we could start fresh with this latest upgrade.

Replying to this part...

As of about 4 hours ago, I was informed by Invision that the problems we were encountering should be fixed.

Are you having any problems now?

And then this part...

If so, please describe them and provide screen shots or captures to help with identifying them.

And, finally this part.

Remember...nothing will work right unless you clear your browser cache after using this new forum software at least once.

This upgrade seems to have eliminated the problem of having to copy, refresh, paste which was a royal pain in the arse. Definitely worth the short term teething problems imho :thumbup

Edit: Damn it, spoke too soon! Think I'll upgrade to IE10 on the weekend and see if that's the solution.

Edited by papillon

Okay...the quote function got a little too smart for us. It does a nice formatting, but it makes it difficult to add text outside the quote...which I why we are seeing many quotes with added text from the responder.

TEST

My workaround is to click the box in the upper left of the toolbar..I think it looks like a light switch.

That will turn the post into unformatted format. You can then see the quote begin and end thingies...if you start typing after the ending quote thing ( [ slash quote] is what it shows), then your text will be outside the quote. Click the light switch (upper left again) to get back to formatted text.

TEST

To split the quote into multiple pieces, copy/paste the entire quoted area as many times as you want to slice and dice it. Then, in each copied area, remove what you don't want to reply to...do this for each copied quote. Like this...

Replying to this part...

And then this part...

And, finally this part.

TEST

Remember...nothing will work right unless you clear your browser cache after using this new forum software at least once.

I think I have worked out how to do that. :thumbup I wonder if BigDUSA will master it quickly? :D

Before when you scrolled down you could see who was reading the thread and who had visited now I just see my name and zeros.

Yes, unfortunatly, that was a mod that hasn't been updated for the latest release of Invision software. I haven't found an equivalent mod that is as convenient or works as well (or correctly).

I'll keep looking for the updated version...it was free, so the author might not be motivated to update it in a timely fashion.

Yes, unfortunatly, that was a mod that hasn't been updated for the latest release of Invision software. I haven't found an equivalent mod that is as convenient or works as well (or correctly).

I'll keep looking for the updated version...it was free, so the author might not be motivated to update it in a timely fashion.

Thanks to a pointer from LaaMok at pattaya-addicts, we have an updated version of this "users who read this topic" mod. :bow :clap2

Smileys and all the fonts etc. in the blue area above the text area are not working for me on chrome. And I have refreshed per your instructions.

:a2m :a2m :dbh :lsmile :llaugh :ninja: :flames: :hijack: :thumbup :sosad :cry2 :chogdee2 :angry2

Those were smileys (with Chrome)...if they show up, they worked.

And this is Tahoma 24 pt...is it bigger?

:a2m :a2m :dbh :lsmile :llaugh :ninja: :flames: :hijack: :thumbup :sosad :cry2 :chogdee2 :angry2

Those were smileys (with Chrome)...if they show up, they worked.

And this is Tahoma 24 pt...is it bigger?

Not there for me. The area is there, but it's 'greyed out' for a lack of a better way to say it.

Not there for me. The area is there, but it's 'greyed out' for a lack of a better way to say it.

If you see the toolbar at all, click on the button in the upper left of the toolbar (lightswitch?).

That enables all the other buttons.

If you see the toolbar at all, click on the button in the upper left of the toolbar (lightswitch?).

That enables all the other buttons.

K, it highlighted as BBCode Mode and the blue section came back to life. All explained by you in post #29. My bad for not reading through the thread properly........ TY sir. :D

Thanks to a pointer from LaaMok at pattaya-addicts, we have an updated version of this "users who read this topic" mod. :bow :clap2

Where's that?

Where it used to be...bottom of the topic.

Not the same as before.

Before I could hover over a name and it would tell me when that BM had last visited the topic. Now it tells me what other topic that BM is reading.

What was the point in this upgrade? What are the improvements?

Not the same as before.

Before I could hover over a name and it would tell me when that BM had last visited the topic. Now it tells me what other topic that BM is reading.

What was the point in this upgrade? What are the improvements?

The upgrade was to fix some other problems that were being reported.

Also, with any software, it's prudent to stay at their latest version.

I still do not get any voting buttons on my posts and emoticons are greyed out. Done all the suggested fixes on this thread. Using Google Chrome.Emoticons do work though using I.E ???

Edited by N3RGT

I still do not get any voting buttons on my posts and emoticons are greyed out. Done all the suggested fixes on this thread. Using Google Chrome.Emoticons do work though using I.E ???

You won't ever get voting buttons on your posts...only on the posts of others.

Regarding the emoticons...press the upper leftmost button on the tool bar above the post entry area...looks like a light switch to me.

Thanks MM that was pretty dumb of me, BUT, you are able to see the voting results displayed as a result of others actions, whether they be positive or negative...right ! That was my misunderstanding ! :smile: Oh yes, and I just found the light switch!!! Cheers :chogdee BTW Activating that "switch" has also affected the font and text editing for the better.

Edited by N3RGT

The upgrade was to fix some other problems that were being reported.

Also, with any software, it's prudent to stay at their latest version.

Not sure I'd agree in all cases. When the update is a "routine" one, fixing bugs, improving performance, etc., I do agree. But when new features are being introduced, if those new features are actually entirely new and represent significantly expanded or brand new functionality, I'll usually let them simmer for perhaps a month or two, and then review user comments before I jump in. 'The same logic as not being an "early innovator" when it comes to installing a new Windows or browser version, or brand new videocard, etc. I'd rather let others be the guinea pigs, and sometimes wonder if development teams aren't deliberately using consumers that way.

Nearly every time I hit the quote button, the post is displayed twice in the reply box and I need to delete one of them.

No, it's not my mouse.

It might be. The only way that happens to me is when I click QUOTE twice before the reply window opens up.

Maybe stop drinking so much coffee or take something for the DTs.