Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattayatalk forum software upgrade - problems?

I closed the other topic so we could start fresh with this latest upgrade.

As of about 4 hours ago, I was informed by Invision that the problems we were encountering should be fixed.

Are you having any problems now?

If so, please describe them and provide screen shots or captures to help with identifying them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not gonna talk to anyone unless they've cleared their cache. These problems sound very much like local configuration issues.

I had the same problem with Chrome, but I closed all tabs, closed the browser and rebooted, then everything was fine.   Evil

MM we use exactly the same software, Invision with a lifetime license. Haven't had any problems though. Do your patches and updates auto update via the ACP?.   I did ticket Invision the other month,

With Chrome:

1. No first unread post;
  2. Quote function doesn't work;
  3. Edit doesn't work.

Edited by nkped

With Chrome:

• No first unread post;
  • Quote function doesn't work;
  • Edit doesn't work.

Using Chrome...just quoted this.

Been using First Unread Post all afternoon.

Are you sure you aren't reporting problems from much earlier today?

I'll EDIT this post in a moment.

Now editing the post I just made.

Edited by MM
edited to show edit working or not

Think there is something with Chrome.  I couldn't quote your message and the edit on my earlier post didn't actually take.

Also, no red or green voting arrows.

Must be something wrong on your end as everything you have mentioned is working on mine. BTW, I use Chrome. I had a problem with it about a week ago and had to uninstall it and install it again and all is well, Try that to see if that cures your problems.

CB

Now that I just posted that, I do notice something that is missing. At the bottom of each post there used to be an option to go to the top of the page. It is now missing. That is a very useful option, I hope it can be restored.

CB

Also, no red or green voting arrows.

Okay, could quote this on my Nook which is a big Android. Still, no voting arrows. And can edit it as well. Don't know WTF is going on with my Google Chromebook. Edited by nkped

Try doing a full refresh when you first open the forum page. That's easily done with a CTRL-F5. That will reload the cache... I'm thinking you have some leftover stuff from earlier.

Okay, could quote this on my Nook which is a big Android. Still, no voting arrows. And can edit it as well. Don't know WTF is going on with my Google Chromebook.

Try to find out his to clear your cache. Worth a try!

Reformat your hard disk and reinstall the operating system?

that seems like a pretty drastic step to me. If he has that kind of problem getting a new computer might be the best way to fix it....................5555

CB

Quote function doesn't work and I use Chrome.

Quote function doesn't work and I use Chrome.

This happened to me earlier today but now appears to be working ! I'm also using chrome.

MM we use exactly the same software, Invision with a lifetime license. Haven't had any problems though. Do your patches and updates auto update via the ACP?.

I did ticket Invision the other month, they had some really big problems with the new version they released, our intelligent spam filter was showing as out of date despite a valid license, hence we got shedloads of spam email applications, thats sorted now but still seems like the bugs are not fully ironed out yet.

I'm using IE to view at the moment, will switch to chrome and then firefox to see if there's any difference.

IE fine

Firefox fine

Chrome - getting lines within the message field. Otherwise fine.

Netscape Navigator - get a message telling me to get into the 20th Century.

Cheers

Butch

• Upvote 1

I'm not gonna talk to anyone unless they've cleared their cache.
These problems sound very much like local configuration issues.

• Upvote 2

I'm not gonna talk to anyone unless they've cleared their cache.

These problems sound very much like local configuration issues.

Cleared cache--mo betta now :thumbup

that's great news!

At the end of the first page of each topic you used to have a list of members who had visited the topic - that doesn't appear to be showing now. At least for me - OS X.5 and Safari

At the end of the first page of each topic you used to have a list of members who had visited the topic - that doesn't appear to be showing now. At least for me - OS X.5 and Safari

Ah, yes. That was a mod I need to get a new version for.

Still can't quote people.