Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Mick, manager of Sweethearts, is retiring

Hi lads,

Just received word by the miracle of e-mail that Mick, the friendly hand shaker nonpareil of Sweet Hearts ("Swede Tarts") a Go Go, is retiring.

Mick is 66 and has had some health issues so he is moving to his girlfriend's hacienda in her village. Going away party will be at the bar All Saints Day, with the Sportsman supplying the catering.

Drop by and say goodbye to a real nice guy and well liked personality in P-titty. Sorry I won't be able to make it myself.

• Upvote 1

Hi lads,

Just received word by the miracle of e-mail that Mick, the friendly hand shaker nonpareil of Sweet Hearts ("Swede Tarts") a Go Go, is retiring.

Mick is 66 and has had some health issues so he is moving to his girlfriend's hacienda in her village. Going away party will be at the bar All Saints Day, with the Sportsman supplying the catering.

Drop by and say goodbye to a real nice guy and well liked personality in P-titty. Sorry I won't be able to make it myself.

Sorry to hear that, as you say a nice-guy......Mr Handshaker.

Going away party will be at the bar All Saints Day, with the Sportsman supplying the catering.

Just so those who don't follow the Christian calendar know, All Saints Day is Nov 1 (I had to look it up).

Everybody knows All Saints Day is the day after Hallowe'en.

Moot point as nobody will find this thread now that it is buried in this section. :( 

Everybody is proven untrue by my uncertainty about the date. I count myself as a (small) part of "everybody"...so therefore, I must say your statement is false.

Q.E.D.

From mobile phone.

I was just talking to Mick himself and he said he didn't know what day Ali Saints Day was either LOL.

I asked if I could quote him, and he said "yeah, sure!"..

From mobile phone.

Everybody knows All Saints Day is the day after Hallowe'en.

Moot point as nobody will find this thread now that it is buried in this section. :(

We're not all religious nuts. I'm another who never knew it.

Edited by yogi100

To get back on topic...

Mick is a great guy, one of the best in the business, and I will drop by to wish him well in his retirement to the village up north. Hes really looking forward to it, and unlike many (including me), he likes village life.

Best of luck to the fellow.

Out with the old, in with the new...the new manager is a younger fellow named Jason, who used to run Horn Bar on Soi Happy. I had to work hard to get him to shake my hand. He's a strong one, and maybe that will be the last handshake I solicit from him. He's got big shoes to fill, and I wish him luck.

The times they are a changin'.

Okay, I thought you guys knew what day All Saints Day was. Well never mind, I'll be back on time for Saint Crispin's feast anyway.

All the best to Mick, tell him Don the Canadian groper said hello.