Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well done, Costa Rica!

Composed on a mobile phone.

They did what Mexico could not do, score good goals from the penalty spot. Costa Rica will have to play the Netherlands now in the Quarter Finals. :scared:

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Group of death lol. Try group G for a real challenge.   Looks like the lowest ranked team will win the group.

Hi,   The World Cup is in a very glamorous setting this year, Brazil. I’m sure some on here find Brazilian women almost as hot as our Thai ladies so there are a few reasons to go if one has the mone

Saintly Mrs Gonzo was smart enough to have a good sleep last night instead of watching the poor games shown. She seems to know more about football than I do. One thing is for sure, if it would not hav

Posted Images

Hi,

Well done Costa Rica, played nearly an hour with 10 men. Can USA follow them into the last 8 ?

I really hope so. Belgium are a big threat and as strong as any European or South American team. The USA have been the big surprise of this World Cup so far and now have a huge following all over the world, including their own country.

They did what Mexico could not do, score good goals from the penalty spot. Costa Rica will have to play the Netherlands now in the Quarter Finals. :scared:

Are you referring to Mexico or Chile? Chile went to penalty shots and lost by 1 against Brazil.

Mexico lost to Robbens theatrics, some might say.

Then again, I'm exhausted from these all night football matches...so I might have it all mixed up.

Brazil is a bit disappointing so far.

Only with a little help from the referees they will make it to the final is my estimation.

Not all referees are as good and unbiased as Howard Webb .

My vote for the final goes to Germany vs. Argentina and for the outcome of that game : ask Gary Lineker.

Amazing how well the Americans play. It wouldn't even surprise me if they would beat Belgium.

Would this become the breakthrough for the popularity of football in the USA?

""USA World Cup 2014 fever shows popularity of soccer is growing

The US has brought more fans to Brazil than any other country and this may be a genuine tipping point""

• Upvote 1

Are you referring to Mexico or Chile? Chile went to penalty shots and lost by 1 against Brazil.

Mexico lost to Robbens theatrics, some might say.

Then again, I'm exhausted from these all night football matches...so I might have it all mixed up.

I was referring to Chile and the penalty shoot out against Brazil. You didn't have things mixed up, I did. All those late nights watching football (soccer) are taking their toll on me as well. I find it hard to get more than a couple of hours sleep during daylight, unlike Mrs Gonzo. She just goes to bed in the morning and sleeps like a log. :sorry

• Upvote 1

Brazil is a bit disappointing so far.

Only with a little help from the referees they will make it to the final is my estimation.

Not all referees are as good and unbiased as Howard Webb .

My vote for the final goes to Germany vs. Argentina and for the outcome of that game : ask Gary Lineker.

Amazing how well the Americans play. It wouldn't even surprise me if they would beat Belgium.

Would this become the breakthrough for the popularity of football in the USA?

""USA World Cup 2014 fever shows popularity of soccer is growing

The US has brought more fans to Brazil than any other country and this may be a genuine tipping point""

I would not put money on a Germany-Argentina final. My tips are wrong more often than not. Germany might find it hard tomorrow morning at 3AM Thai time to beat Algeria, who will be heroes forever, should they win against the Germans. :glare:

I was referring to Chile and the penalty shoot out against Brazil. You didn't have things mixed up, I did. All those late nights watching football (soccer) are taking their toll on me as well. I find it hard to get more than a couple of hours sleep during daylight, unlike Mrs Gonzo. She just goes to bed in the morning and sleeps like a log. :sorry

I'm taking tonight off from football..France v Nigeria, Germany v Algeria...I'll catch them on the news, and save my energy for tomorrow night's matches.

Looking ahead, more matches are going to be starting at 2 or 3am (more than 11pm) here in Thailand, but at least there are a few non-playing days to get other things done during the daytime.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I just saw it on Facebook and thought it worth sharing here.

football children.jpg

• Upvote 1

The best save by the Nigerian goal keeper you will ever see around the 25 min. mark of the first half. Still 0:0 after 30 minutes play. Great game this. :thumbup

I'm in SugarBaby trying to keep my mind on the game while peering thru the legs of the pantyless dancers.

It's a challenge!

• Upvote 1

I'm in SugarBaby trying to keep my mind on the game while peering thru the legs of the pantyless dancers.

It's a challenge!

France will be the team to beat in this World Cup, the way they played against Nigeria tonight. It would have been 5 to 0 instead of 2 to 0, if it would not have been for the Enycama, the excellent Nigerian goal keeper. The dancer without her pants on would have distracted me from the game as well.

Great game, superb Algerian goalkeeper, Rais. . He held off Germany for much of the game. I'm sorry to see him go. Both teams played well.

Germany didn't play well in the first half of normal time. Algeria had the measure of them and looked dangerous in attack.Germany improved in the second half, but the 0:0 result at full time was unchanged. Schürrle, who plays for Chelsea in the EPL, scored in the second minute of extra time and Arsenal's Mesmet Özil made it 2;0 in the 119th minute. Islam Slimani pulled a goal back in added on time in the 121th minute and the Germans won the match 2:1.

The Algerian goalie made some very good saves. Neuer had to work hard to keep Algeria at bay as well and had to play at times as a defender outside the box of the penalty area. This seems to be a goal keeper's tournament.

Germany now has to play France in the Quarter finals and I don't like their chances to win against them.

• Upvote 1

Why are the commentators constantly calling the whole of the World Cup the finals? Surely the finals are the last game and everything else should be relegated. It can't be the fucking finals if you can lose and yet there are 4 more rounds.

Edited by steamer

Great game, superb Algerian goalkeeper, Rais. . He held off Germany for much of the game. I'm sorry to see him go. Both teams played well.

Fabulous keeping.

Why are the commentators constantly calling the whole of the World Cup the finals? Surely the finals are the last game and everything else should be relegated. It can't be the fucking finals if you can lose and yet there are 4 more rounds.

207 teams from the six FIFA confederations around the world had to compete in the qualifiers for the 32 available places in the World Cup. I guess that why they call it the finals. Only Brazil, the host nation, did not have to qualify.

This has been a giant-killing World Cup, with so many players from "also-ran" countries playing at top level for major clubs.

I thought France put on a lacklustre performance against Nigeria, who dominated ball possession with skill and pace, making French players look incompetent at times, and were greatly aided by a superbly athletic goalkeeper. I thought Nigeria deserved to win.

France will need to play much better to beat Germany, who also failed to shine but have a reputation for upping their game when it counts. Should be a good game on Friday.

And tonight, for me personally, is the big "what if" match....what if USA beats Belgium and goes to the next level? I was going to take last night off but ended up watching Germany v Algeria...a very exciting match indeed.

So, another sleep deprived night and then a break for two days to try to recover the ability to sleep at night again.

Hi,

Algeria could have buried Germany in the first half. Couldn't take their chances. IMO the overall standard is up but there is no outstanding team in this WC. Spain maybe spoiled us with their quality in recent years.

According to the Bundesliga website. Manuel Neuer made 19 trips into the outfield and saved Germany's arse (ass). He prevented at least three goals and Algeria would have won, if it wouldn't have been for him playing as a "Libero", as good as Franz Beckenbauer was in the old days. They are saying he could easily play as a back or as a midfielder. He always gives 100% and plays without fear, always putting his body at risk. He has certainly has given Joachim Löw fresh hope, when Germany are up against France next Friday.

Go Switzerland and USA. The Switzerland - Argentina match is underway. Switzerland has 7 Bundesliga players playing for them. Ottmar Hitzfeld is the trainer of Switzerland. His brother Winfried died last night. R.I.P. No score after 20 minutes play.

This game is well into extra time with five minutes to go before another penalty shoot out. Messi had a couple of good shots at goal, but didn't set the world on fire. The Argentinians, unlike the Swiss are good at taking dives in typical South American fashion and then roll on the ground in agony to get free kicks and have Switzerland punished with yellow cards.