Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Having Trouble Copying And Pasting

I've typed out what I want to post on word and when I've copied/cut and paste it wont let me do it, When I've right clicked "paste", "paste" isn't an option. Tried control c and v as well to no avail. Can anybody advise??

Cheers

parry, on 06 Sept 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

I've typed out what I want to post on word and when I've copied/cut and paste it wont let me do it, When I've right clicked "paste", "paste" isn't an option. Tried control c and v as well to no avail. Can anybody advise??

Cheers

Same for me.

This was typed in Notepad.

Then used Control C and V... Firefox. But I have seen that problem under other circumstances.

My web browser is internet explorer 11 on windows 7. I cant even cut and paste within the forum or even in the reply boxes. It was only a bit of a review of nice places I've been eating at recently

My web browser is internet explorer 11 on windows 7. I cant even cut and paste within the forum or even in the reply boxes. It was only a bit of a review of nice places I've been eating at recently

It's a compatibility issue between IE 11 and the editor used by the forum software. Fixes will be available "someday" in teh future, but if you insist on continuing to use IE 11 (rather than another browser, like Chrome) you can Paste as follows:

1) Just before pasting, click on the light switch icon in the far upper left top row of the editor buttons. Once you do that, the "rich text feature" of the editor goes away and all the other buttons are greyed out.

2) Place your cursor where you want to insert copied text

3) Paste via right mouse or CTRL-V to insert your text.

4) then click on the light switch again to restore the Rich Text Editor and enable all the other buttons

That is your workaround for now.

If you want to read about the technical issues involved, go here.

Yes that's worked fine. Much obliged MM

Great..sorry about the incompatibility...IE is a problem for this forum software..perhaps if I upgrade to their latest and greatest it will work, but that's asking for even more trouble, I fear.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I use IE11 on this new computer.

I agree that the functions that are failing me on this board with my new computer work in Chrome and they also work on my still usable IMAC (Safari). I will switch to Chrome starting tomorrow for accessing this board. This is not the only site that issues (not just those discussed here) are problematic with IE11.

Chrome it is. My understanding is it is more secure as well. I conduct most of my online business transactions on my Mac. My former company's IT department did instruct employees to use Chrome for any personal business conducted at work on their computers (all Windows 7 in my facility). They are a huge company and have to deal with many IT issues including phishing. Apparently Chrome is more secure but I am not an expert.