Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Well actually we did.

I was a bit surprised to just get up and see my pool near overflowing, and my bowl with fish in it full to the brim.

That means we had substantial rain during the night. The Mrs tells me it happened about 12.30am, I slept through it.

Did you get it in Pattaya (I am 10km out)? Any flooding?

Still a bit of rain now, I was wondering whether Pattaya Klang turned into Pattaya Klong last night.

• Upvote 1

Yes, in my microclimate (near BCE), it started to pour after 1:00 am. I can often see storms from my balcony in other parts of town, but not at my location and visa versa; but I think last night's storm was pretty heavy as was this mornings at 6:20 am while I was at the gym.

From my limited 6-7 years experience it looks like the usual Sept storms are here in October. You long-term residents may have more input into that assessment. I know it rained north of Bangkok last month, but we seem to miss those storms until now.

Well, my home State of California in the USA could really use these storms. Another dry winter would make them look further than a hundred years into the record books.

Enjoy the cleaner air, sidewalks and wet puddles instead of dust on 2nd Road.

A quiet night having been up til 4 watching England Vs San Marino the night before…. So I was tucked up with a glass of wine and a couple of new films from my android……'.Prince' was good…….Homesman I gave up on……and so watched a Downton Abbey…..Love that Box

It pissed down in the night so much it woke me.Glad I was home. Coming back from the dark side yesterday I could see the lake still needs a lot more to fill it up…..and also I noticed some pot-holes that would have been hidden in the rain…….That would have my exhaust off.

Careful if you're out on a bike lads.

We are having a sunny spell so ranging 32 DegC to 25 Deg C.

We are having a sunny spell so ranging 32 DegC to 25 Deg C.

With some morning fog and some afternoon breezes (sometimes a wind).....maybe Thai winter is approaching.

With some morning fog and some afternoon breezes (sometimes a wind).....maybe Thai winter is approaching.

We had a very breezy day yesterday, which often indicates the season change, ie dry and cooler now.

My Mrs thinks the dry season is here already, but rain is forecast over the weekend.

Edited by jacko

No question this has been the lightest rainy season for ages. I'm starting to get worried about the water supply for the rest of the year.

I really thought, if September didn't yield much rain, October would make up for it, but here we are midway into October and the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and it looks like bright skies are coming our way.

I'm missing wading through knee deep filthy flood waters as they cascade down the drains and streets from eastern Pattaya. I never thought I'd say that.

It just occurred to me, with my accursed market timing and Bitcoin purchases, I might have inadvertently stopped the rainy season by purchasing the best rain gear I've ever had this year. It's a poncho raincoat that I've not yet had the chance to open, and it's been over a week since I bought it.

The last 20 minutes, it's been coming down pretty hard, but let's see how long....

Cleans the air and the dogshit on the sidewalks, but I won't be able to go for my walk until it slows (already rode my bicycle to the gym and back earlier today when it was dry).

Enjoy the day.

I would have struggled with that thought yesterday as I rode through quite deep water on Soi Buakhao. Some of the side streets running to third were closed and in others I could see people wading thigh deep.

I didn't have much choice as I certainly was not going to risk 2nd Rd!

We are still well down on rainfall this year but nice to know the drains are still not quite up to it!

The skies looked black but I headed over to the dark side at about 11.45 for my pre-Sunday Roast shag…….The bar I usually stop in was having some maintenance done and no rooms were available…….So went to see a regular at Butterfly. Back for the food and it starts to rain. You all saw it. Cat's and coyotes ………and a plague of frogs for measure.

I lingered over the food but the rain wasn't letting up. So decided to risk it. Last time I'd struggled through 'Lake Rumpole Market' I'd lost my front number-plate….I've mastered driving in snow and fog….but floods make me feel hesitant and out of my depth.

Debris and mud had been washed down the soi turning it into an African wadi. I got through one but chickened out at the next which seemed yaris exhaust deep.

Back up the road…….Found a bar……..had another short-time……An hour passed and the water had receded ….Still took an hour to fight my way back to Jomtien through the traffic jams.

But I agree we need the rain for the roses.

And at least here as long as you've the money, there's alway's somewhere you can find an open pair of thighs to shelter out the storm between……,

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Having some heavy rain right now where I am, north of town.

It just seems to be bubbling up here rather than coming from any specific direction.

Radar Image

Edited by jacko