Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Super Bowl XLIX

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mad Bro?

Guys, he won't stop until you agree with him or stop replying...and ttk, you accused joekicker of being one who had to have the last word   By the way, just to keep this in perspective, bad call o

Unlike buzz head, I know how many CB's are in the leaque and how many most teams have.I also know that he was exactly right wben he said Sherman only had 3 tackles because they do do run plays his way

Posted Images

It's pretty clear who the sore loser is.

I am not defending or making excuses for losing. I am trying to get people to understand that a bad outcome does not make the play the worst call ever......it appears to be almost impossible . In fact, many coaches don't understand and get dumped every year for poor performance based on their calls. What hope is there on a mongers board

Edited by ttk

You do know we are talking American Football and not Soccer?

I am not defending or making excuses for losing. I am trying to get people to understand that a bad outcome does not make the play a stupid call......it appears to be impossible

Most are talking American football, you on the other hand appear to be talking about the chip on your shoulder over some imagined diss like a 10 years old little girl.

The good news is Sherman may hesitate the next time he is tempted to get in Brady's face and ask him "You mad bro"

The good news is Sherman may hesitate the next time he is tempted to get in Brady's face and ask him "You mad bro"

You clealy have no clue on Sherman's all-in playing style. He plays at 100% all of the time. "In your face " should be his middle name. He will not hesitate a second to do it again. He remembers everything about the game. Just look at his comments after the tip in the 2013 NFC championship. His tirade on the sidelines caught everyone by surprise.... It was only much later that we found out it was about something that was said to him in the previous off-season.

A league with players showing up and going through the motions would be like watching the NFC south every game

You clealy have no clue on Sherman's all-in playing style. He plays at 100% all of the time. "In your face " should be his middle name. He will not hesitate a second to do it again. He remembers everything about the game. Just look at his comments after the tip in the 2013 NFC championship. His tirade on the sidelines caught everyone by surprise.... It was only much later that we found out it was about something that was said to him in the previous off-season.

A league with players showing up and going through the motions would be like watching the NFC south every game

You mad Bro?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You clealy have no clue on Sherman's all-in playing style. He plays at 100% all of the time. "In your face " should be his middle name.

Dude was barely visible during the game. That's not "In your face" football nor playing "100% all of the time". Hell, I watched him make one of his 2 solo tackles by going low and turning his back to the runner to protect himself more than wanting to punish the running back. Nothing wrong with it, he stopped the runner, but please don't trot out "100%" and "In your face". He's not in that league and doubtfully ever will be other than trash talk.

You're probably a good guy and obviously passionate about the Seahawks, but believing that others here 'just don't get it' is absurd and arrogant. It wasn't the brightest play, never will be. Rattling off stats and couldabeens won't change that. Lynch had, by your own words, fumbled a paltry 3 times in what, 18 games. He was averaging 4.3 yards a run in the game. By that measure he had at least a 90% chance of scoring on both runs they could have managed. Instead, you think a play with seconds left in a title game is a 'throw away play' . Please, there's no such thing in that situation. You play to win. Not shrug your shoulders and go: 'meh, oh well that wasn't important'.........

• Upvote 1

Dude was barely visible during the game. That's not "In your face" football nor playing "100% all of the time". Hell, I watched him make one of his 2 solo tackles by going low and turning his back to the runner to protect himself more than wanting to punish the running back. Nothing wrong with it, he stopped the runner, but please don't trot out "100%" and "In your face". He's not in that league and doubtfully ever will be other than trash talk.

You're probably a good guy and obviously passionate about the Seahawks, but believing that others here 'just don't get it' is absurd and arrogant. It wasn't the brightest play, never will be. Rattling off stats and couldabeens won't change that. Lynch had, by your own words, fumbled a paltry 3 times in what, 18 games. He was averaging 4.3 yards a run in the game. By that measure he had at least a 90% chance of scoring on both runs they could have managed. Instead, you think a play with seconds left in a title game is a 'throw away play' . Please, there's no such thing in that situation. You play to win. Not shrug your shoulders and go: 'meh, oh well that wasn't important'.........

Sherman was "barely visable" because NE did not run plays his way.

Quick test....

Who do you challenge.

1. Pro Bowl CB who had an interception in each of the other playoff games?

2. Lane's replacement...second year player and 138th overall choice Simon?

NE was far too smart to challenge Sherman when thay had other targets far more lucrative.

Bonus question

6 seconds left in the first half and trailing 7-14. Ball on the 11. What do you do?

1. Take sure field goal and escape trailing 10-14

2. Try pass for TD.

Seattle picked a pass....brilliant call or stupid also? And why?

Yes. Lynch was not fumble prown so no great worry there. But as I also pointed out NO team in 2014 passing from the 1 yard line had been intercepted.

If you have a chance at 3 palys versus 2, how many coaches would say...sure I choose only 2? And again, Seattle needed to use as much time as posiible to keep Brady off the field if they did score.

What everyone overlooks is that the play NE lined up for before the off sides penalty and the display of rooster fighting would not have been a kneel down. A kneel down would have resulted in a safety, two points and a free kick with enough time on the clock for a play or two. Brady was clearly going to dive forward to keep it out of the end zone. He would probably have kept the ball and gotten it out of the end zone but the Seahawks solved the problem for him.

Sherman was "barely visable" because NE did not run plays his way.

Quick test....

Who do you challenge.

1. Pro Bowl CB who had an interception in each of the other playoff games?

2. Lane's replacement...second year player and 138th overall choice Simon?

NE was far too smart to challenge Sherman when thay had other targets far more lucrative.

Bonus question

6 seconds left in the first half and trailing 7-14. Ball on the 11. What do you do?

1. Take sure field goal and escape trailing 10-14

2. Try pass for TD.

Seattle picked a pass....brilliant call or stupid also? And why?

Yes. Lynch was not fumble prown so no great worry there. But as I also pointed out NO team in 2014 passing from the 1 yard line had been intercepted.

If you have a chance at 3 palys versus 2, how many coaches would say...sure I choose only 2? And again, Seattle needed to use as much time as posiible to keep Brady off the field if they did score.

Oh please. It's big friggin' field. Your "In your face", "100% all the time" guy was not noticeable. Brady only missed 13 out of 50 passes, 2 of which were intercepted and your story is Sherman couldn't be involved because he was always covering the one who didn't get thrown to? If he's the stud of the secondary he should have been in on more plays. It's not Rocket Science.

I throw to the open receiver and it was gutsy, as I said during the game.

Other than folks such as you trying to justify the loss, I haven't heard too much from the 'great pass attempt from the 1' crowd. Me, I run Lynch and take my T.O. if he doesn't get in and decide what to call next. I'd even have considered bootlegging Wilson before I'd throw from the 1.

What's the % of people who thought they should throw????

And for a bonus :D out of 100 times how many times would you have thrown the ball in that situation?

Edited by brotherbuzz

Oh please. It's big friggin' field. Your "In your face", "100% all the time" guy was not noticeable. Brady only missed 13 out of 50 passes, 2 of which were intercepted and your story is Sherman couldn't be involved because he was always covering the one who didn't get thrown to? If he's the stud of the secondary he should have been in on more plays. It's not Rocket Science.

I throw to the open receiver and it was gutsy, as I said during the game.

Other than folks such as you trying to justify the loss, I haven't heard too much from the 'great pass attempt from the 1' crowd. Me, I run Lynch and take my T.O. if he doesn't get in and decide what to call next. I'd even have considered bootlegging Wilson before I'd throw from the 1.

What's the % of people who thought they should throw????

And for a bonus :D out of 100 times how many times would you have thrown the ball in that situation?

No Ricket Science. football 101

. One of the finer nuances of the game that is hard to comprehend is the area of responsiblity players have.

Perhaps this helps http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-positions-in-a-football-secondary.html

Sherman's roll is to prevent a receiver on HIS side of the field from making a play. Simple as that. He is not free to roam to the other CB area because that would leave his responsibilty wide open. He is not free to blitz the QB again leaving jphis receiver open. In this game, the other CB was a backup who replaced the starter injured in the first quarter after intercepting Brady. You are absolutly correct. Sherman was not more involved because they in fact were concentrating on exploting a second year backup and not challenging a back who has more interceptions (24) and defended passes (61) than any other NFL player.

1 of 5 from the one for Lynch scoring.. 4 of 5 for loosing yards.

So your decision is to run twice even though NE had the short yardage run defense in and no one was expecting the pass

Since you objected to throw away play earlier lets now say you will leave one play on the table intead of having 3 chances to score. Funny how the key people involved (Carrol and Wilson) still say it was a good call.

You did not answer the question. Was the play at the end of the half stupid or great? Best not say great beacuse they scored. That would mean the end of the game play would have been great if it had worked too.

No Ricket Science. football 101

. One of the finer nuances of the game that is hard to comprehend is the area of responsiblity players have.

Perhaps this helps http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-positions-in-a-football-secondary.html

Sherman's roll is to prevent a receiver on HIS side of the field from making a play. Simple as that. He is not free to roam to the other CB area because that would leave his responsibilty wide open. He is not free to blitz the QB again leaving jphis receiver open. In this game, the other CB was a backup who replaced the starter injured in the first quarter after intercepting Brady. You are absolutly correct. Sherman was not more involved because they in fact were concentrating on exploting a second year backup and not challenging a back who has more interceptions (24) and defended passes (61) than any other NFL player.

1 of 5 from the one for Lynch scoring.. 4 of 5 for loosing yards.

So your decision is to run twice even though NE had the short yardage run defense in and no one was expecting the pass

Since you objected to throw away play earlier lets now say you will leave one play on the table intead of having 3 chances to score. Funny how the key people involved (Carrol and Wilson) still say it was a good call.

You did not answer the question. Was the play at the end of the half stupid or great? Best not say great beacuse they scored. That would mean the end of the game play would have been great if it had worked too.

Hard to comprehend? Cover the receiver, stop the run. Stop the runner, cover the receiver. Stop the run/keep the blockers off the linebackers, rush the passer. Have I missed any nuanced defensive assignments? All based on the defensive call for the play. Would you like me to say which foot each player starts his move with..... Football 1

Sherman's responsibilities (that's a football term and plural, btw) are NOT simply to keep his receiver from making a play. When you figure that one out please get back with me.

1 out of 5 and lost yards 4 out of 5 from 36 inches out? You bet.

After a few days to absorb tne outcome, lets look at who really blew the call. Seatle had the ball 1st and goal. The first down play gained 4 to place the ball on the 1 yard line. First thought...give the ball to Lynch and run...BUT looking closer.

80% or so chance to score on a run. 2 runs 96%.

By your new.....theory..... the only logical way they could have scored is to have passed. Anything short of that and they have what, about a 5% chance of success. Based on that you have no option other than to defend the call so no point in having any more discussion about it. Obviously every coach, player, fan and cheerleader who disagrees must be wrong because you, the head coach and the QB who has to work for him liked the call. Funny how that works. But please, g'head, take 3 guesses as to why "nobody expected the pass" when by your stats from wherever it was the perfect call in the situation. Defensive coordinators all over the nation just slapped themselves in the forehead and wondered why they never learned that until now. Well, except for the NE coordinator cus he must have known exactly what was going to happen or he would have stacked the line and blitzed.........

I answered your question, you didn't answer mine. And of course scoring the probable winning TD would have been a great play for Seattle. Just as the game ending interception was a great play for NE. Seattle receiver catching the ball on his back was a great play. Not running Lynch, twice if need be.....not a great play.

Honestly, if they had run and not scored you'd be arguing that the obvious next play would be a pass and they would need to run because nobody would be expecting it.

• Upvote 1

From what computer did you get the 5% chance from...even a sixth grader should be able to figure out 1 of 5 is 20%. My first estimate was based on his overall results from anywhere on the field. Since they were now at the goal line with NE defending the run, I revised the estimate based on the year long results for that exact scenaperio. There is no doubt that Seattle would run the ball twice, they just opted to have a third chance and a elected to pass for either a touchdown or incomplete stopping the clock. Seattle has a coaching staff who ccould figure out that a pass and then 2 runs gave them a better chance.

So what is Sherman's responsibilties other then what he does the best in the league. You expect him to sack the QB starting 10 yards deap or so? Maybe plug up the middle to stop the run? His mission is to negate the receiver on his side...something he has done better then anyone else in the league since he has been there.

After a run on 2nd down, the only two options left were a second run....and no time for a third one or a pass for either a touchdown or incomplete and stoppinfpg the clock. That is really a no brainer

Edited by ttk

From what computer did you get the 5% chance from...even a sixth grader should be able to figure out 1 of 5 is 20%. My first estimate was based on his overall results from anywhere on the field. Since they were now at the goal line with NE defending the run, I revised the estimate based on the year long results for that exact scenaperio. There is no doubt that Seattle would run the ball twice, they just opted to have a third chance and a elected to pass for either a touchdown or incomplete stopping the clock. Seattle has a coaching staff who ccould figure out that a pass and then 2 runs gave them a better chance.

So what is Sherman's responsibilties other then what he does the best in the league. You expect him to sack the QB starting 10 yards deap or so? Maybe plug up the middle to stop the run? His mission is to negate the receiver on his side...something he has done better then anyone else in the league since he has been there.

Who needs a computer when they've got you claiming they'll lose yards 80% of the time, but stick with only half of whatever your computer told you on different days of the week.....

You want to pretend you're the expert of nuancicality, why don't you tell me what his responsibilities are on every snap of the ball. Oh yeah, you did. The only thing you think he is ever supposed to do is stop the player, specifically a receiver, on HIS side of the field from making a.....play. Brilliant grasp of the game.......

Sherman is a very good corner, didn't have much of a game in this last Super Bowl and a quick look at CB stats say your claim might be debatable. Why don't you work up the stats for every CB since he joined the league and post them. TIA.

Edited by brotherbuzz

Who needs a computer when they've got you claiming they'll lose yards 80% of the time, but stick with only half of whatever your computer told you on different days of the week.....

You want to pretend you're the expert of nuancicality, why don't you tell me what his responsibilities are on every snap of the ball. Oh yeah, you did. The only thing you think he is ever supposed to do is stop the player, specifically a receiver, on HIS side of the field from making a.....play. Brilliant grasp of the game.......

Sherman is a very good corner, didn't have much of a game in this last Super Bowl and a quick look at CB stats say your claim might be debatable. Why don't you work up the stats for every CB since he joined the league and post them. TIA.

I really ron't give a shit about other CB's. I posted his stats earlier. Read them, they show his record since he has joined the league.

Just what do you think his responsibilities are besides covering his receiver and helping others IF and ONLY IF your guy is out of the play. Cover EVRYWHERE on the field? coffee for the refs? inflating the balls? helping receivers up after he tackles them? You seem to be the expert on all things about the NFL elighten me just.

Let me help you understand.

4th and 10, ball on the 50 ,neither team has timeouts, 2 point lead and 1 minute left..

1. You go for it and make the first down and then run the clock out. Great result but stupid call.

2. You punt into the end zone, the receiving team runs 100 yards for TD. Great call stupid result...

Edited by ttk

Guys, he won't stop until you agree with him or stop replying...and ttk, you accused joekicker of being one who had to have the last word :llaugh

By the way, just to keep this in perspective, bad call or good call..the Seahawks LOST.

No need to argue that point is there?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seattle had plenty of time for a run play and even if they lost yardage, that would have been better for a pass play on the next down. On the one yard line, players are all stacked up and the chance of a successful pass were 50/50 or less. Odds were that someone would catch the ball. You have to accept the fact that it was a very stupid play. Lots of guts and no common sense..I had no dog in this fight and really didn't care who won.

I really ron't give a shit about other CB's.

and helping others

Of rourse you rare, or you rouldn't tout him as "the best" since he joined a league with at least 63 other CB's . Or is he just the best compared to himself???

Ahhh, now he get's to help others. Grand of you to grant him that option............. Seriously, are you one of those people that just looks at the stats on your card collection but have no grasp on who does what and why? Nothing wrong with that until you show of your lack of nuance knowledge by trying to BS that you have some. Are you aware they call plays on defense? Really, they do. Any idea why? No, really, there is a reason even though you think each player does one single thing. Well, two now that you let them "help" others....

And stop asking questions unless you start answering some. It's childish and rude. Or is that your game?

Edited by brotherbuzz